IGNORED

2022 Masters

iacas
Note: This thread is 747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Going on Tuesday and Friday. Haven't been able to go in a few years so really looking forward to it.  Little golf in Hilton Head in between. Gonna be a great week.Happy Pumped Up GIF by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment

• Like 3

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Are we doing a prediction this year? We don’t need prizes but just wondered if anyone wants to?

I’ll go with Colin Morikawa -13.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Are we doing a prediction this year? We don’t need prizes but just wondered if anyone wants to?

I’ll go with Colin Morikawa -13.

Sure. Let's hear 'em!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Looks like I'm taking Cameron Smith. -12

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

21 hours ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

My favorite weekend of the year.  Wondering if we’ll see Tiger out there giving it a shot… and sounds like Phil won’t be there.

I seriously doubt we'll see Tiger play the big event.  With all the elevation changes it would be a tough course to walk.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see him play the par 3 event with Sam or Charlie on his bag.  This would be the perfect time to win it too, since he doesn't have to worry about the jinx.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I would be guessing Viktor Hovland as the winner. He's been on a tear lately. Maybe -12 as the winning score?  Morikawa is a good bet too, but as a young player, he already has a major: give Viktor a chance... 🙂

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

1st Major not injured in a year. Taking Brooks for the W with a -13 under. Dark horse is Rors as dumb as that sounds picking him as an under dog of any kind. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Though the odds are not in his favor, I think this is finally the year Rory comes through.  The Masters is really hard to predict (Danny Willett?).

I'm jumping on the bandwagon, Scotty Scheffler stays hot and wins (-14). The new world #1 is playing out of his mind!

• Like 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I was watching an interview of Faldo and one of the questions was about playing privileges.  He said he was entitled to bring a guest and play the course on the Sunday before the Masters.  At all other times he could only play if he was playing with a member.  Then he said he always bugs Peyton Manning to take him out.

I had no idea Peyton Manning was a member at Augusta.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• Administrator

I think all the players who are invited can play a few times in the months leading up to the event, of course, as well. They used to have to go on scouting trips. Now, that's not as much of a thing anymore.

Tiger is listed as in the field on the Masters website and Vegas has just posted odds for him. His plane landed at Augusta yesterday.

Also on the website:

PAST CHAMPIONS NOT PLAYING

Tommy Aaron

Jack Burke Jr.

Angel Cabrera

Charles Coody

Ben Crenshaw

Nick Faldo

Raymond Floyd

Trevor Immelman

Phil Mickelson

Jack Nicklaus

Mark O'Meara

Gary Player

Craig Stadler

Tom Watson

Ian Woosnam

Fuzzy Zoeller

A prominent name is missing.

Edited by phan52

Bill M

On 3/24/2022 at 7:45 PM, iacas said:

Something very interesting about that film: Phil isn't in it. 

Bill M

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, phan52 said:

A prominent name is missing.

Is it?

And if you're talking about Phil, his name is not missing - it's on the list, and we talked about it awhile ago:

Tiger is reportedly "testing things out." He has until literally like Monday or so of next week to withdraw or not. And really until Thursday morning, because they could always send his group out as a twosome.

Note: This thread is 747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!