IGNORED

Other than Tiger, Who could win 2008 Masters?

under_par
Note: This thread is 5881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Other than Tiger, who could win the 2008 Masters?

• Adam Scott
    • Michael Campbell
    • Stweart Cink
    • Luke Donald
    • Ernie Els
    • Jim Furyk
    • Sergio Garcia
    • Retief Goosen
    • J.B. Holmes
    • Zach Johnson
    • Phil Mickelson
    • Geoff Ogilvy
    • Justin Rose
    • Vijay Singh
    • Bubba Watson
    • Mike Weir
    • None: A Dark Horse

Anyone other than Tiger Please!!!!

I hope he doesn't make the cut so that the TV guys will cover someone other than Tiger on the weekend.

My guess is Bubba Watson. I think you need to be a long hitter who is having a great week. I can't see a shorter player like a Mike Weir dominating.

I won't watch Saturday or Sunday if Tiger is on the leader board simply because when he is on the leader board, he is all you will get to see and frankly I don't like watching him. I can't stand arrogant prima donnas; give me someone who cares more about me as the spectator than he does about himself. I watch golf for entertainment, and not to worship one player.

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

I cant beleive that Padraig Harrington does not appear on your list of possible winners you have I assume heard of the Open well he won it and is a pretty good player .

After Tiger, he is the next on my list of contenders. He is playing well right now and has a couple top-10 finishes at Augusta (including last year). Now that he has a major victory behind him, he will be able to handle the pressure down the stretch better than some of the other contenders.

Other possibilities are Stuart Appleby and Geoff Ogilvy. Also, don't sleep on Zach Johnson. I don't think he will win it again, but he will be in contention.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyone other than Tiger Please!!!!

i think bubba can contend if he keeps his cool and keeps a strong mental game. he seems like he thinks too much and gets a temper when he's playing bad and it affects his performance, just an observation.

Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

The player that took Tiger to the wire in those matchplay championships a month or so ago. That guy can stroke..
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Retief Goosen will step it up, I think.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

i think bubba can contend if he keeps his cool and keeps a strong mental game. he seems like he thinks too much and gets a temper when he's playing bad and it affects his performance, just an observation.

There is no way Bubba Watson can keep it together mentally on a Sunday at Augusta. That's even if he can make it to the weekend. The talent is there to do great things, but he needs to do a lot of maturing on and off the course.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

From what I've seen today it looks as though they've had plenty of rain. Should mean that it plays very long, so whoever wins will have to be a big hitter. That probably rules Donald out for me. My money would be on Scott or Mickelson (excluding Tiger...)

In my bag
Driver - R7 CGB Max 9.5 Stiff
3W - R580 Stiff
Irons - MX-25 4-PW Project X 5.5
Hybrid - Halo 3iWedges - 52 & 60 Vokey Oil CanPutter - Studio Style Newport

I also went with Scott, but Ogilvy would be my other choice. Goosen looks good of late and unfortunately you can never rule out Phil or Vijay.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I picked Sabbatini, and JB Holmes to be behind tiger in the masters..Rory looked pretty good in the Par 3 today..i hope its him and woods sunday

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

No Padraig Harrington?

And yet Bubba Watson is 111th in the world?

i voted for Goosen -

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I usually always go for outsiders with little bits of cash firstly and maybe 2 faves.

I've gone for

JB Holmes 100/1 eachway
Sean O'Hair 100/1 eachway
Villegas 150/1 eachway
Jerry Kelly 200/1 eachway (seems a good guy off the course)

and
Ogilivy 20/1
Scott 33/1

I picked Sabbatini, and JB Holmes to be behind tiger in the masters..Rory looked pretty good in the Par 3 today..i hope its him and woods sunday

At least you got part of it right. They will both be behind Tiger. They will just be behind a few other guys as well.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Man I am just excited to see the Master again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Tiger Go!!

Rick T.
A Big Equipment Freak!!!
Life is too short not to tried everything out there

In the BagDriver: SuperQuad 10.5 REG BABYWoods: TP 3 or 5 woods R7 stiffIrons: AP1 4-PW w/Project X 5.5Wedge: Spin milled 54 (bent to 52) 56 & Special Grind "P" 60Putter: Gauge Design Japan " The Balde"Ball:...

Note: This thread is 5881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!