IGNORED

TST Explores the ShotScope H4 (Stats Tracking Device) and Pro LX Rangefinder

iacas

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I would. I reviewed Arccos for the site when it first came out. It’s improved since then but there are still issues plus the subscription. The H4 tags are much lighter and smaller and stay on well (unlike Game Golf).  Tagging is easy and editing your round is easy. @Bob M has the watch and he likes that too. 

Since you mention sensors one of my issues is that I use the SuperStroke grip with counterweight on my putter. It looks like Arccos has an elegant solution for this. I’m used to coming up with a home brew solution since I use CT10s but it’s never as clean as I’d like. Thanks for your thoughts. 

23 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I've been a Shotscope user since the V2

I've used Garmin products before, and I think their watches are really nice. I would rate them as superior to Shotscope from a pure hardware perspective. However the Garmin CT10 tags sucked and cost a lot, and I didn't think the Garmin Golf platform was very good. I have never had an issue with any Shotscope hardware I have used, even if it is a little more "plasticky".

I have a Garmin S60 and like it a lot. The CT10 sensors have been a disappointment. That’s why I’m considering other options 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2+

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

15 minutes ago, ChiTown said:

Since you mention sensors one of my issues is that I use the SuperStroke grip with counterweight on my putter. It looks like Arccos has an elegant solution for this. I’m used to coming up with a home brew solution since I use CT10s but it’s never as clean as I’d like. Thanks for your thoughts. 

Shotscope has adhesive backed putter tags (I assume some sort of 3M product as they seem to be the leader in these), so they just stick on the top of the grip. Not sure if that works with a counterbalance grip though.

I also had an S60 and it was a fantastic watch IMO, not just for golf.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

28 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Shotscope has adhesive backed putter tags (I assume some sort of 3M product as they seem to be the leader in these), so they just stick on the top of the grip. Not sure if that works with a counterbalance grip though.

I also had an S60 and it was a fantastic watch IMO, not just for golf.

Perfect about the adhesive. I like the S60 a lot and Garmin watches in general but they can’t do golf sensors or make an app at all. 

1 hour ago, ChiTown said:

I just cut the screw thread off and glued the tag over the counterweight with a silicone adhesive. It’s very secure but can be removed with no damage to the counterweight Allen key recess. I probably have the same grip and counterweight as you. I did this with the Game Golf tag as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I just cut the screw thread off and glued the tag over the counterweight with a silicone adhesive. It’s very secure but can be removed with no damage to the counterweight Allen key recess. I probably have the same grip and counterweight as you. I did this with the Game Golf tag as well.

When I was using a counter-weight putter with the game golf tags I got a drill and drilled a small hole at the top of the putter. The plastic screw was never going to hold in the metal but the hole in the rubber grip was small enough that it held the tag in.  Never needed glue & never lost the tag, just had to occasionally give it a slight twist so it did not come I unscrewed.  And I do not think the small amount of material removed affected the putter any.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

1 hour ago, StuM said:

When I was using a counter-weight putter with the game golf tags I got a drill and drilled a small hole at the top of the putter.

I guess I’ll have to wait and see what options I have. Hoping that I can use an adhesive or a solution other than drilling. 🙂

15 hours ago, ChiTown said:

I guess I’ll have to wait and see what options I have. Hoping that I can use an adhesive or a solution other than drilling. 🙂

Just silicone adhesive.

IMG_0934.jpegIMG_0933.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 1 month later...

I don't know what the maximum number of recorded rounds the H4 will store, but if anyone is curious, it does at least 6.

• Funny 1
  • Informative 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 3 weeks later...

I've been in contact with Shotscope tech support.   There is a bug in their stats reporting.  I've got nothing but time so I've been reviewing some of my old scores and comparing the data.   One course, I've played twice shows the average per hole different than the actual average.    This occurs on a few holes.   They are aware of the problem.  

image.thumb.png.5cddd3ad3e5fb995bbfd4c2ef0d77b33.png

• Thumbs Up 2

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an email about a new feature.  Almost sounds like they read LSW and incorporated it.

I am assuming it is not Legal to use during competitive round but pre-round planning would be good.

https://shotscope.com/blog/announcements/mystrategy-ultimate-course-guide

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator

I haven't had a chance to look over the strategy stuff… but I did want to point this out:

shotscope.jpg

Click the link in the sidebar and use the referral code "THESANDTRAP" to save an extra 15% off the already discounted price of their FESTIVE sale!

Wow. I'm genuinely considering buying a second one. 😛

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
  • Informative 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
On 11/8/2023 at 11:24 AM, StuM said:

I tried Whispering Woods and then Southern Pines, and neither seem to have anywhere near enough shots plotted to make any real type of maps.

• Thumbs Up 1

My strategy would just respond:

Go Home!

Scott

My Swing Thread

On 9/1/2023 at 2:49 PM, Bob M said:

I have never used Arccos, but having to pay a subscription fee on an ongoing basis was a negative for me. I have always worn a watch when I play anyway, so it feels pretty natural. 

You may want to check this out, but back when I was using Arccos I stopped paying the subscription fee and everything worked as well (actually better) than when I was paying the sub. I may be wrong on this, but I believe the subscription fee is for "Arccos Caddie", not for Arccos. So, if you don't pay the fee the only ramification is that your Arccos will not recommend a club to you before each shot. Which I actually preferred. 

Granted this was a couple of years ago, but I actually enjoyed Arccos MORE when I wasn't paying the fee. I didn't want the "Arccos Caddie". It was annoying to me to have to swipe the screen every time I looked at my phone to get rid of Arccos Caddie's club recommendation. 

With Arccos Caddie, I'd look at my phone it would say Hit an 8-iron. I'd have to swipe the phone to get rid of that recommendation and see that I'm 150 from the center of the green. Without Arccos Caddie, the system still kept all of my stats and still let me know I was 150 from the middle, but now I didn't have to swipe. 

Where I believe Shotscope is superior, however, is in the way you collect the pin location. 

Oh, I almost forgot to mention. The reason I switched away from Arccos was that I had Arccos grips, you know, where the sensors are built in. They were fine, but once I got into Pure Grips I've never wanted to use anything else. So, when I switched out grips it seemed like a good time to switch out systems. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

12 hours ago, iacas said:

I tried Whispering Woods and then Southern Pines, and neither seem to have anywhere near enough shots plotted to make any real type of maps.

What do you mean about not enough shots plotted? I thought that MyStrategy was superimposing your club / shot data onto the course.

From the website 

To start creating your very own strategy, select your club.

Detailed statistics on your chosen club will appear on the left of the screen including shots to finish and a distance breakdown. 

[snip ]

Once a club has been chosen, players will see a dispersion cone based on player averages. The option to tailor the dispersion cone to your tendency is available, provided you have recorded enough shots.

Simply toggle on the dispersion tendency feature to receive a cone that allows for your natural miss and adjust your aim point accordingly.

Similarly, players will also be able to turn on the shots plotted feature to further visualise their dispersion.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
6 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

You may want to check this out, but back when I was using Arccos I stopped paying the subscription fee and everything worked as well (actually better) than when I was paying the sub. I may be wrong on this, but I believe the subscription fee is for "Arccos Caddie", not for Arccos. So, if you don't pay the fee the only ramification is that your Arccos will not recommend a club to you before each shot. Which I actually preferred.

Chet… 

Yes, a trialing or active membership is required to use the Arccos Smart Sensors. The Smart Sensors will not function without a membership. Cancelled members can access the Arccos platform however ...
6 hours ago, ChiTown said:

What do you mean about not enough shots plotted? I thought that MyStrategy was superimposing your club / shot data onto the course.

From the website 

To start creating your very own strategy, select your club.

Okay, two things, in no particular order:

1. I'm a moron.
  2. THANK YOU.

You see, I logged in, and at my laptop's resolution, I saw…

ww.jpg

It seemed to work, but made no sense to me. See the little hint of blue in the bottom left corner? Aha, that's the club stuff.

Now, it's awesome:

ww2.jpg

Incredible.

I'm hoping they can add scratch golfers or even Tour players to the comparison list, though:

sp.jpg

That hole is not an average of 5.5 for me. (Second hole at Southern Pines.)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 2
  • Informative 1

Wow this looks great! That’s what I get for not editing and posting the last dozen rounds or so that I’ve played…

• Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread