IGNORED

TST Explores the ShotScope H4 (Stats Tracking Device) and Pro LX Rangefinder

iacas

10 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Where do you keep your H4 device when you are not using it? 

I can't keep mine in my car as it is often out in the sun and may literally bake the device. 

I ask because I was just about to head out to golf league tonight and when throwing the sticks in the car remembered I need to run back in and get the H4. Which as of now, I keep on my office desk. 

I keep my "playing bag" in the garage of my house, near where the back of my car goes (I back into my garage, if that's relevant for some reason).  I keep the ShotScope in a little grey bag (the one that came with GG and was for that device) after I bring it in, sync, and recharge it after a round.  However, that bag only goes in my car when I'm heading out for a round -- if I'm heading to a range (not including the indoor practice room at my house), I have a different bag I throw a few clubs into and take.

I haven't figured out what I'd do if I were heading out to a round after work, but my current work-time and golf-time situation hasn't brought that up, and I don't usually drive to my job anyway.  Sorry if that means my case isn't useful to you.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My H4 Arrived yesterday and I got it setup tonight.  Having an issue joining the TST Private Leaderboard.  I've clearly opted in to "Leaderboards" via the toggle switch at the bottom of the account page.  I click on "Compete" and it shows several medals and has a link to show leaderboard. I click leaderboards and cannot locate the "Join Leaderboard".  Do I need to have a round recorded before I can join?  I've looked over the manuals and help site and this seems like it should be easy.  I hope I am not missing something obvious but I am open to suggestions.  (I did email them and expect a reply tomorrow)

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

11 minutes ago, StuM said:

My H4 Arrived yesterday and I got it setup tonight.  Having an issue joining the TST Private Leaderboard.  I've clearly opted in to "Leaderboards" via the toggle switch at the bottom of the account page.  I click on "Compete" and it shows several medals and has a link to show leaderboard. I click leaderboards and cannot locate the "Join Leaderboard".  Do I need to have a round recorded before I can join?  I've looked over the manuals and help site and this seems like it should be easy.  I hope I am not missing something obvious but I am open to suggestions.  (I did email them and expect a reply tomorrow)

I think @RFKFREAK joined the leaderboard without any rounds but he couldn’t see anything. Get a round in and maybe it will sort itself out.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

13 minutes ago, billchao said:

I think @RFKFREAK joined the leaderboard without any rounds but he couldn’t see anything. Get a round in and maybe it will sort itself out.

I thought I read a post about that but could not find it.  I am playing 9 holes on Friday so hope that resolves it.

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

12 hours ago, billchao said:

OK, part "Error" on me.  There was a small "+" just under my phone's batter indicator I needed to click that somehow I just did not see to open the private leaderboard area.  I have now joined the TST Leaderboard but do not see any information.  I am going to assume that once I play a round I will then see things.

Stuart M.

You know how sometimes when you play you see someone hit a shot from 150 yards to 15' and they get mad they aren't closer to the pin?  And you want to say that was a better-than-tour-average shot.  Have reasonable expectations.  That applies to more than just golf shots.

So I played nine days ago.  After the round, I synced the device, recharged the ShotScope, and on Wednesday (the 20th) I put it in my bag, where standing up in the back of my garage it stood for a little over a week.

I played today, the first time since then.  As the group ahead of mine teed off on the first, I turn the ShotScope on... out of battery.

I don't recall this being an issue with GG.  I'd charge after a round, put it in my bag, and sometimes it would be a month before I played again and it'd be ready.   I feel similar was the case with the Callaway uPro (my former GPS).

I don't know much about batteries.  So I think my complaint is that the device didn't hold a charge for a little over a week between rounds.

If it's unreasonable to expect something like this to do so, I will retract that complaint.

(I did not send this in to them, as it isn't something they would be able to fix or not)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

6 hours ago, Shindig said:

You know how sometimes when you play you see someone hit a shot from 150 yards to 15' and they get mad they aren't closer to the pin?  And you want to say that was a better-than-tour-average shot.  Have reasonable expectations.  That applies to more than just golf shots.

So I played nine days ago.  After the round, I synced the device, recharged the ShotScope, and on Wednesday (the 20th) I put it in my bag, where standing up in the back of my garage it stood for a little over a week.

I played today, the first time since then.  As the group ahead of mine teed off on the first, I turn the ShotScope on... out of battery.

I don't recall this being an issue with GG.  I'd charge after a round, put it in my bag, and sometimes it would be a month before I played again and it'd be ready.   I feel similar was the case with the Callaway uPro (my former GPS).

I don't know much about batteries.  So I think my complaint is that the device didn't hold a charge for a little over a week between rounds.

If it's unreasonable to expect something like this to do so, I will retract that complaint.

(I did not send this in to them, as it isn't something they would be able to fix or not)

One question: Did you remember to turn it off after charging it?
I once charged mine. Took it off the charger and set it on the desk. I thought it was off, but when connecting another bluetooth device to my computer I saw the ShotScope.... "How interesting, that thing is still on?"

Sometimes, I think I turned it off, but really didn't. 

Just a thought. 

• Informative 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

31 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

One question: Did you remember to turn it off after charging it?
I once charged mine. Took it off the charger and set it on the desk. I thought it was off, but when connecting another bluetooth device to my computer I saw the ShotScope.... "How interesting, that thing is still on?"

Sometimes, I think I turned it off, but really didn't. 

Just a thought. 

I’ve done this too.

• Informative 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Shindig said:

You either didn’t turn it off or you hit a button and it turned on. Mine has 100% charge after weeks.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If it holds all of its charge when turned off, then i guess it turns on very easily.  I know there's different types of devices that require holding the power button for a couple seconds to turn on, the H4 seems like just a tap will turn it on.

I keep mine in a golf accessory bag in my car.  It has room to move but nothing to bump into except the side of its compartment.  After an 18 hole round, it was around 50% battery.  I turned it off and didn't charge it, usually would charge the night before planning to play.  I spontaneously stopped for 9 holes before work earlier this week, over a week since playing, and turning on the H4 battery was at a yellow bar.  It lasted 6 holes before dying.

I definitely had to turn it on when I got it out, so it was off, but something had drained some of the battery in that time.  I guess I'll assume the power button was bumped a few times

-Eric

• Administrator

Mine's been very good about holding a charge. I haven't used mine in over a week, but it's been sitting on my stand by a chair. No space right of the green bar. It might show up as 98% or something, but it's basically "full."

And I've played two rounds in the same day and finished with over 20% battery, too, powering it off in between rounds (with @Hardspoon in Pinehurst most recently).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Since it lived in a busy compartment, I'm going to guess it got bumped.  There's another compartment in the bag that has faux fur lining where I usually leave my phone.  I think I'll leave my charged device in there.  I'll check back on it tonight (I'm playing tomorrow).

Thanks everyone!

-- Michael | My swing! 

Question on SS.  I just uploaded my 1st round (9 holes) and have a question before I sign it.

when uploading it asked for a handicap.  I went to GHIN and got my Course Handicap for that course for 9 holes.  I am assuming that is the number they are looking for as opposed to my 18 hole Handicap Index.  Am I correct?

Stuart M.

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, StuM said:

Question on SS.  I just uploaded my 1st round (9 holes) and have a question before I sign it.

when uploading it asked for a handicap.  I went to GHIN and got my Course Handicap for that course for 9 holes.  I am assuming that is the number they are looking for as opposed to my 18 hole Handicap Index.  Am I correct?

Y’all know there’s a manual right? 😄

And you have agency the ability to think for yourself, of course. And search engines.

https://support.shotscope.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000378638-How-do-I-edit-and-sign-off-a-round-on-the-dashboard-#h_1ef38d0e-59e4-4baf-b059-1bc6a50a0870

In other words, yes, but it should mostly be taken care of for you if you filled out your profile and included your index.

(Weirdly, my birthday was one day off, and it had me listed as a college player.)

50 minutes ago, iacas said:

Y’all know there’s a manual right? 😄

And you have agency the ability to think for yourself, of course. And search engines.

https://support.shotscope.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000378638-How-do-I-edit-and-sign-off-a-round-on-the-dashboard-#h_1ef38d0e-59e4-4baf-b059-1bc6a50a0870

In other words, yes, but it should mostly be taken care of for you if you filled out your profile and included your index.

(Weirdly, my birthday was one day off, and it had me listed as a college player.)

Yes, I have seen & read the manual and did enter my HCP when creating my profile, but the manual did not answer my question of which to enter, 18 or 9.  I was unsure if it would go the “math” or if I needed to that.

thx for the confirm.

Stuart M.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, StuM said:

Yes, I have seen & read the manual and did enter my HCP when creating my profile, but the manual did not answer my question of which to enter, 18 or 9.  I was unsure if it would go the “math” or if I needed to that.

You don't enter a 14-hole handicap if you play 14 holes, right? 😄

Well, today was my first round with SS and overall I am happy with it but I have a little learning to do. 

I found tagging a little inconsistent. It is just a little different from GG and I missed a few tags that I am sure I tagged.  Also, as others mentioned the vibration is slight and I had some duplicate tags because I did not notice the vibration.  I will chalk the tagging issues up to the learning curve and suspect it will not be a long term problem.  The app was easy enough to add/delete as necessary which was a positive.  Having the "Auto Shot Detect" like GG would nice but I can work around that.  Pin Collect was nice other than I mistakenly hit the wrong number of putts on one hole but that was fixable.  I found the Pin-Collect fairly accurate for the pin placements.  What I did was wait until all were done putting then tag the hole and pause there just a couple of seconds before walking off.  I am hoping the GPS was accurate because it recorded a 290 yard drive which would be magnificent for me, other than I drove it past the dog-leg into the rough behind a tree (a 250 yard drive would have been optimal).  From the graphic they have it in the correct location so I believe it is close enough.  After I signed the round I noticed it failed to give me a Fairway Hit on the 9th.  The graphic looked to me to be in the fairway but it was just close enough to the edge that SS considered it in the rough.  It was easy to open, edit & re-sign the round to fix that.  I did not try the "Penalty Feature" while on course but was easily able to add my 1 drop while editing.  I will (unfortunately) use that feature more in the future but did not want to be fiddling with it at this time.  Another learning curve item, I forgot to "End Round" and power off the device.  By the time I uploaded the battery was in the yellow, but again "Learning Curve" will fix that.

My stats are meaningless at this time with only 9 holes played so I did not look at them much.  I'll need to get a better understanding of some of the stats down the road to get the full benefit.

Bottom line, I am happy with my purchase.

Stuart M.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, StuM said:

I found tagging a little inconsistent. It is just a little different from GG and I missed a few tags that I am sure I tagged.

Yeah… make sure you tag the face, not the bottom angled part like GG.

28 minutes ago, StuM said:

The graphic looked to me to be in the fairway but it was just close enough to the edge that SS considered it in the rough.

Yeah, it tells you the lie type in the editor.