IGNORED

Pitching, Chipping Problem

Having major troubles with less than full shots where I believe I stop rotating through. 

I'll be fine executing pitches or chips, and then like flipping a switch, all of sudden these shots go dead right. 

I know, I'm not continuing to rotate, not finishing with chest, belt buckle at target, but just seems once this starts, I can't seem to get back to normal shots, just like I've flipped a switch. 

Any drills, etc to work out of this once it starts, or to permanently stop this. Thanks. 

• Administrator

I mean, if you know what the problem is… can't you just work on "not" doing that? Or by "doing" the thing the right way?

Also, what kind of "dead right"? Is it a shank, or are they on the face?

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know, it's almost like the guy that goes to the doctor and says 'Dr, it hurts when I do this, Dr: Then dont do this', lol. 

It's more like a shank, I guess I'm not rotating through and it catches heel, hosel. 

It's very easy to say " just don't do that', but we know this is golf, lol

• Administrator

Exaggerate the thing you want to DO so that the thing you don't want to do doesn't have a chance to occur.

If you know the answer… then that's the answer.

• 4 weeks later...

Not the chipping problem in the OP, but chipping problem nonetheless. So since it's chipping I put it here. Move to a separate thread if you want, Erik. This cropped up during my last two rounds. The duffs and chunks. The rough has gotten so thick that my highest bounce wedge gets stuck. I've opened the clubface a bit to try and get it to glide through and nope. Okay, there was the 4 chip where I kept checking the weather before I hit the ball but we'll forget about that because I fixed that the next hole. 

In any event, I got to the back 9 and went to my 5H for chipping. It didn't get stuck, but I wish it had a little more loft. I was a lot more successful with it than I was with my wedges in that thick rough. It's 24 degrees. 

I decided to pick up a more lofted hybrid. Something around 26 degrees and increase loft to 27 to replace my 6i. Not that i can't hit my 6i. That's not the problem. I can hit the 27 degree hybrid and the 6i equally well. It's that the hybrid is a little more versatile... chipping. Also... fairway bunkers on par 5s. 

I remember back in my early years of playing the pro I took lessons from told me to use my putter if I could, but this rough was too heavy to use the putter. I tried and it didn't work. So I tried & went with the hybrid. I've noticed some pros chipping with FWs. So chipping with hybrids? Good idea? Or do you see it as a band aid?

If I have to go over a bunker, I'm going to use a LW with flop shot.