IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought?

• Administrator

Upgrading the GCQuad to the GCQuadMax:

Meet the QuadMAX™ — the newest and most powerful iteration of our award-winning launch monitor technology. Built on the same advanced four-camera photometric data capture system found in its predecessor...
  • Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 hours ago, iacas said:

Upgrading the GCQuad to the GCQuadMax:

Meet the QuadMAX™ — the newest and most powerful iteration of our award-winning launch monitor technology. Built on the same advanced four-camera photometric data capture system found in its predecessor...

Do you have it yet? If so how is it? It looks to me like it's a bit lighter, has a more up-to-date interface and you can use it for speed training now. 

To answer the original question, the most recent thing is some RCT balls, but that's not particularly interesting. I got myself a Mevo+ in the thanksgiving sale. If I had pulled the trigger already it would have been an exputt RG. Still not 100% sold on it. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Ty_Webb said:

Do you have it yet? If so how is it? It looks to me like it's a bit lighter, has a more up-to-date interface and you can use it for speed training now.

I haven't sent my Quad back in yet. Monday.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 weeks later...

I know little to nothing about golf equipment, but my uncle recently purchased a new golf bag that I really liked so I ended up picking up a similar one and it just arrived. It's pretty lightweight, has 14 slots which I specifically wanted and looks nice. It's the Ask Echo Lightweight Golf Stand Bag.

I am curious though, I was specifically looking for a bag that had the 14 slots but with the T-lock and iron separator slots (not sure what they're called). However I was only able to find this style on cart bags and not a single one for a carry bag. Wondering why this might be?

Novice golfer seeking to learn and improve.

(edited)
1 hour ago, retoid said:

I know little to nothing about golf equipment, but my uncle recently purchased a new golf bag that I really liked so I ended up picking up a similar one and it just arrived. It's pretty lightweight, has 14 slots which I specifically wanted and looks nice. It's the Ask Echo Lightweight Golf Stand Bag.

I am curious though, I was specifically looking for a bag that had the 14 slots but with the T-lock and iron separator slots (not sure what they're called). However I was only able to find this style on cart bags and not a single one for a carry bag. Wondering why this might be?

I grabbed a bag on Amazon specifically for the cart. Saint Andrew’s collection. And I have another cart only. But it’s not new. Then three carry/ stand bags. Two of  those are outfitted with clubs and balls so I can grab and go depending on weather. The saint Sndrews bag has all my cherished golf  possessions. Yeah I had some time on my hands to attain what I have. 

Edited by rocket23

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

5,6,7,8,9,pw,S,gap,60 cobra ltdx 

sabertooth putter

11 minutes ago, rocket23 said:

I grabbed a bag on Amazon specifically for the cart. Saint Andrew’s collection. And I have another cart only. But it’s not new. Then three carry/ stand bags. Twof those are outfitted with clubs and balls so I can grab and go depending on weather. The saint Sndrews bag has all my cherished golf  possessions. Yeah I had some time on my hands to attain what I have. 

Forgive my lack of knowledge, what are the differences in your clubs you choose based on the weather? Or were you referring to the bag specifically? Water proof bag vs. non?

Shoes and balls to get ready for the year. It snowed two days later. Message received. 

• Funny 1

Last week I received my new driver after a fitting the week before. Callaway AI Smoke. I have yet to play it though.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

7 hours ago, retoid said:

Forgive my lack of knowledge, what are the differences in your clubs you choose based on the weather? Or were you referring to the bag specifically? Water proof bag vs. non?

I basically. Matched the clubs to the bag to the outing. If that makes sense. I have a set for a scruffy bag for winter golf. And then two relatively good set of clubs to totally acceptable bags for my week or day to day play and finally a really good set brand new for my tournament play.  Which generally means a private course with all the amenities. 

As for weather. I play regardless as long as the temps are over for fifty 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

15 minutes ago, rocket23 said:

I basically. Matched the clubs to the bag to the outing. If that makes sense. I have a set for a scruffy bag for winter golf. And then two relatively good set of clubs to totally acceptable bags for my week or day to day play and finally a really good set brand new for my tournament play.  Which generally means a private course with all the amenities. 

As for weather. I play regardless as long as the temps are over for fifty 

Ok I see, thanks for explaining. Does switching to different clubs every so often tend to change your performance?

Just now, retoid said:

Ok I see, thanks for explaining. Does switching to different clubs every so often tend to change your performance?

I dunno. This is the first year I’m trying it. lol. I use mostly cobra and my daily clubs are Tommy armor.  And some pretty good purchases of Taylor made for my 3,5,and hybrids. What is listed as my signature are my tournament clubs. I had the winter bag out but only made it to the simulator with that bag. Now that the full membership is paid I have switched that bag with an everyday bag cobra max set with a mallet putter. No big name putters for me but all mallets. 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

Picked up a replacement stock shaft for my G400 driver, an Aldila XTorsion in R flex.  Really like it - as the Alta CB seemed almost too whippy.  Some say the XTorsion is too board like, doesn’t seem that way so far.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

(edited)
32 minutes ago, retoid said:

I also build my own clubs and regrip them. So the feel is pretty consistent 

Edited by rocket23
  • Thumbs Up 1

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

33 minutes ago, iacas said:

quadmax1.jpgquadmax2.jpg

Wow, what a purchase! Hours and hours of fun ahead! :D 

8 hours ago, iacas said:

quadmax1.jpgquadmax2.jpg

That's cool.

I'm a little envious. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Bought a new driver headcover and a Rhoback crew neck from the golf podcast No Laying Up a few weeks ago and just ordered the FS-01 Members Only shoe/gift set last night.

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator
12 hours ago, retoid said:

Wow, what a purchase! Hours and hours of fun ahead! 😄

I am a coach/instructor/teacher, so while there will be fun ahead… it's mostly for work. Which can be fun, too. 😄 

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

That's cool.

I'm a little envious. 

I'll likely bring it with me to Ohio. But also… you'll see it here when you visit for a lesson. And… this ends Friday: