IGNORED

NCAA Football 2023

saevel25

What if Georgia, Michigan, and Washington all lose?

Florida St, Oregon, Michigan, and Texas.   I don't believe OSU or Alabama have much of a chance in this scenario.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I take the losses to TTUN far harder than any allegedly grown adult should and, only now, feel like thinking about it.

Nobody other than the lunatic fringe Herbstreit was talking about earlier this season is really serious about firing Day at this point. Take away TTUN and the program is a roaring success in just about every other way. Nearly every year the Buckeyes are in the top 5 in recruiting classes. He has a 56-7 record. If we can be a little realistic about it, you do have to acknowledge how much stronger that TTUN program is now than at anytime since Lloyd Carr. Hard for me to imagine that OSU is in a better position next year with a new head coach. 

Still make no mistake. That ice is getting thin. Patience has never been a strong point in Columbus and particularly not when it relates to The Game. It may only take one or two big problems to sink him. Could be anything from another L to TTUN to some sort of scandal that does it. 

Edited by mcanadiens

9 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Florida St, Oregon, Michigan, and Texas.   I don't believe OSU or Alabama have much of a chance in this scenario.

So this?

UGA 1-loss
UM 1-Loss
Was 1-Loss
FSU 1-Loss
Oregon 1-Loss (Pac 12-Champ)
Texas 2-Loss
OSU 1-Loss
Alabama 1-Loss (SEC Champ)

I think it would be,

Oregon, UM, UGA or OSU, Alabama

Though, maybe OSU over Georgia due to similar strength of schedule and Georgia losing to the 8th ranked team, and OSU losing a 2/3 ranked team. 

• Informative 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Alabama would have a case to be in with this scenario.  They beat Georgia.  And if Texas wins the could ride that wave into the playoffs as a 1 loss conf champion whose only loss is to Alabama

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

When the numbers guys try to quantify "fun". 

They believe that the following stats provide a fun product...Basically, just a bunch of fun stats (Off explosiveness, QB EPA, Def Turnovers forced etc.)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

16 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

When the numbers guys try to quantify "fun". 

They believe that the following stats provide a fun product...Basically, just a bunch of fun stats (Off explosiveness, QB EPA, Def Turnovers forced etc.)

Hahaha Iowa's Offensive Fun Index

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

The OC at LSU needs to band together with the DC at Iowa. 

• Funny 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Washington looking like a win, but Oregon just with 2:14 left.  On side kick next I guess.

I want WA to win to knock Oregon out of playoffs

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Yes! the first leg of my 4-leg bet Ohio State into the playoff parlay has hit! 🤣

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Oregon is out. Ohio State is still alive. Next need Texas to lose. 🤞 

Stuart M.

Very entertaining Pac-12 title game, well deserved by Washington!

Assuming Georgia and Michigan both win it'd likely be a Michigan/Washington semifinal. Probably slight favor to Michigan I'd think? Maybe 2.5 or 3.5 pts if I had to guess.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

8 hours ago, klineka said:

Very entertaining Pac-12 title game, well deserved by Washington!

Assuming Georgia and Michigan both win it'd likely be a Michigan/Washington semifinal. Probably slight favor to Michigan I'd think? Maybe 2.5 or 3.5 pts if I had to guess.

Agree

Stuart M.

Rooting for OK State to beat Texas but early in 1st quarter it looks like Oklahoma State is not even close to competing with them.  It needs to change fast of they will be too far down to have much hope of a comeback.

Stuart M.

Wow, what a football day.  I am thinking if Alabama hangs on and beats Georgia and both Michigan & Florida State win we could have both AL & GA shut out and TX in the playoff.  Game is not over but could be a interesting.

Unfortunately, my Buckeye are out already.

Stuart M.

22 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Fox Sports announcers are saying Alabama, Texas and Washington.  Michigan needs to win or they are out. 

I heard that but disagree.  If both Mich & Florida State win there are 3 undefeated conference champions.

i know Florida St is on backup QB but undefeated & conf. Champ needs to matter.

And both Texas & Alabama are 1 loss conf champs but TX beat Alabama and head to head should matter.

as for GA, - one loss non-conf champ should put them outside looking in just like OSU.

one thing for sure, there are a lot of good teams this year.

Edited by StuM
Fixed to say GA is s one loss non-conf chsmp

Stuart M.

34 minutes ago, StuM said:

know Florida St is on backup QB but undefeated & conf. Champ needs to matter.

I agree. But damn, it’d be real hard to put FSU in there if they’re starting QB won’t be playing. Again, numbers make it sound like a no brainer, undefeated conf champs. But, would FSU really give MI, Ala, GA, WA, TX, OSU, a solid match without him? I know it can unavoidable , but I’m not a fan of repeat match ups. Like if TX/Ala or Ala/GA are in there…But as much as I don’t like OSU, I believe they’d give a better contest than FSU without their QB.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge