IGNORED

Pat vs. Phil?

Bucki1968

23 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Kinda.. lol. Had to do the legwork for ya. 😜

JK, he didn't want to spoil it for others so I was respecting it but I think enough time has passed so I didn't care/mind posting.

This is a discussion board where we share and discuss information, not a place for silly "I know something you don't know" games.

• Funny 1
  • Upvote 2

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, turtleback said:

This is a discussion board where we share and discuss information, not a place for silly "I know something you don't know" games.

Come on now, did it really mortally wound you that I didn't spoil it for someone who was in the middle of listening to the episode? It sounds pretty silly to me that anyone got bent out of shape or lost any sleep over any of this. 

Let's get back on topic! 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, TourSpoon said:

Come on now, did it really mortally wound you that I didn't spoil it for someone who was in the middle of listening to the episode? It sounds pretty silly to me that anyone got bent out of shape or lost any sleep over any of this. 

Then they can avoid spoilers.

I was saying similar things earlier. Just share the info.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 12/7/2022 at 8:16 AM, Bucki1968 said:

According to the podcast, PP getting 10 million up front is BS. 

PP got $7M for signing with LIV. 50% up front and then the rest when he showed up for his first LIV tournament.

Jeff

In the bag:
:callaway: Epic Max 9.0 Project X Cypher 40 R 5.5
:tmade: R11S 3 Fairway
:ping: G425 4 & 5 hybrid 6-PW :cleveland: RTX 56 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2

I will admit it wasn't on the level of Darth Vader being Luke's father 😉...so point taken and time to move this topic forward. 

Does anyone think that this is over between PM and PP or PP and the Podcast Caddie? One thing that seems certain to me:

• PM could probably pull the plug on PP since PM is the marquee contract player and none one needs PP and the trailer park drama that he seems to bring (PM has done enough and he doesn't need any help). The LIV image is not being enhanced by PP so does he really have any value-added factor? So why does PP start it up on PM in public and be so vague as for us to only think the worst? 
  • PP and the Podcast Caddie saga seems like something that may go another round. First PP goes out of his way to trash Caddie. Then Caddie spills his guts and then some on his podcast. Bobby Brown aka Caddie just can't help himself in painting PP and wife as serial narcissists just going around and ruining people's reputations because they insulted the wife. He either has the goods or he is going on a limb, either way, he is dishing serious dirt. For those keeping score at home BB is Dustin Johnson's old bagman and DJ is the captain of PP's team. Not sure if that is relevant, but just another factor. Caddie does talk a little DJ smack, but then reminds us that he was let go with 100Gs and a non-disclosure agreement. 
  • PP just seems to be full of drama. Both points have him pitted against 2 people in different universes. PM being a world beater and then a Caddie that DJ axed. Can't he pick on someone his own size? 

I used to be intrigued by PP and his bluntness. But that kind of ended when I heard him just talk about how valuable he was as a teammate because he closed with a mediocre score at Doral. Maybe this whole thing is to get him some publicity, but I don't know how you think that saying publicly that you hate PM or brag about getting Caddie banned, does anything other than making you look like a douche. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, TourSpoon said:

I will admit it wasn't on the level of Darth Vader being Luke's father 😉...so point taken and time to move this topic forward. 

Does anyone think that this is over between PM and PP or PP and the Podcast Caddie? One thing that seems certain to me:

• PM could probably pull the plug on PP since PM is the marquee contract player and none one needs PP and the trailer park drama that he seems to bring (PM has done enough and he doesn't need any help). The LIV image is not being enhanced by PP so does he really have any value-added factor? So why does PP start it up on PM in public and be so vague as for us to only think the worst? 
  • PP and the Podcast Caddie saga seems like something that may go another round. First PP goes out of his way to trash Caddie. Then Caddie spills his guts and then some on his podcast. Bobby Brown aka Caddie just can't help himself in painting PP and wife as serial narcissists just going around and ruining people's reputations because they insulted the wife. He either has the goods or he is going on a limb, either way, he is dishing serious dirt. For those keeping score at home BB is Dustin Johnson's old bagman and DJ is the captain of PP's team. Not sure if that is relevant, but just another factor. Caddie does talk a little DJ smack, but then reminds us that he was let go with 100Gs and a non-disclosure agreement. 
  • PP just seems to be full of drama. Both points have him pitted against 2 people in different universes. PM being a world beater and then a Caddie that DJ axed. Can't he pick on someone his own size? 

I used to be intrigued by PP and his bluntness. But that kind of ended when I heard him just talk about how valuable he was as a teammate because he closed with a mediocre score at Doral. Maybe this whole thing is to get him some publicity, but I don't know how you think that saying publicly that you hate PM or brag about getting Caddie banned, does anything other than making you look like a douche. 

Here's where I land on this: I couldn't care much less about Phil or Pat at this point.

I cared enough to ask a few questions here, but not enough to listen to the podcasts or even seek them out.

And that was about my limit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 12/6/2022 at 1:42 PM, TourSpoon said:

Fine, I can give you a tamed down version. These guys let it rip on the podcast. The Phil drama is about Pat's wife and Phil getting a little too friendly when they shared a house for some tournament and Pat had a practice round. They theorize that there was drinking, some flirtatious behavior, and a picture taken. Pat found out about it weeks later and freaked.

The only thing true in the above is there was a picture. There was no practice round, Unless PP's practice round was when he left the room to go to the bathroom. There was no flirting on Ashley's Perez's part and what PM did (the picture) is gross and unforgivable.

I can't fault PP for his feelings about PM. PM is just a sick, gross, lying jerk who hides behind that stupid smile. The golf media has been giving him a pass for years.

On 12/6/2022 at 1:54 PM, iacas said:

I meant the caddie story, actually. 🙂 But thanks.

Based on what I know, the caddie story is complete BS.

BTW, you're instincts about not listening to the Pull Hook Golf podcast are spot on. Besides the two host just speculating and passing BS gossip as if they have some inside info, the sound quality is terrible. I couldn't listen to it for more than a few minutes.

Edited by ssbn611

Jeff

In the bag:

I think you guys are more interesting than the pod cast. So keep it coming! 😃

• Funny 3

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

13 minutes ago, ssbn611 said:

There was no flirting on Ashley's Perez's part and what PM did (the picture) is gross and unforgivable.

I really don't know why it happened, if it happened at all, but something did happen. Do you know when this went down? It sounded as if this could have been a while ago. 

16 minutes ago, ssbn611 said:

I can't fault PP for his feelings about PM. PM is just a sick, gross, lying jerk who hides behind that stupid smile. The golf media has been giving him a pass for years.

This is true. He has major issues. But why does PP feel the need to call him out publicly? And when he went nuclear by calling him out, why not just go for the jugular and end it? 

29 minutes ago, ssbn611 said:

Based on what I know, the caddie story is complete BS.

PP and the Caddie both referenced the story. PP says he got the guy banned from LIV, Caddie says he was harassed for years. Both really go out of their way to make the point. 

49 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I think you guys are more interesting than the pod cast. So keep it coming! 😃

That is not a really high bar! This is really such nonsense in the end, but sometimes in our lives a little nonsense can be a great diversion. Like I said before, it got me through a couple of workouts. 

1 hour ago, TourSpoon said:

I really don't know why it happened, if it happened at all, but something did happen. Do you know when this went down? It sounded as if this could have been a while ago. 

This is true. He has major issues. But why does PP feel the need to call him out publicly? And when he went nuclear by calling him out, why not just go for the jugular and end it? 

The picture incident happened this year and it was before either of them joined the LIV Tour.

Could be lots of reasons for PP not to go into the details. One of them would be that PM could have easily deleted the evidence, and it would have been a he said she said deal at the end of the day.

Jeff

In the bag:

The thing that surprises me about the podcast is the fact that Bobby B is so willing to throw out information that he hears (or is told)? You would think at some point, everyone would stop talking to him because there is a good chance it ends up on the podcast.

• Thumbs Up 2

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

21 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

The thing that surprises me about the podcast is the fact that Bobby B is so willing to throw out information that he hears (or is told)? You would think at some point, everyone would stop talking to him because there is a good chance it ends up on the podcast.

I was thinking the same thing because it is a small circle. I was also wondering if PP tuned in or if the remarks got back to him. Based on how there is so much vitriol and pettiness, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. 

On 12/11/2022 at 3:17 PM, GolfLug said:

BTW, neither is saying 'Thanks'. But you knew that.

Thanks?  For what?  For you stopping the playing of childish games?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

On 12/11/2022 at 6:15 PM, TourSpoon said:

Wait, what?
I was going to sit down this weekend and watch the original trilogy.
Guess I will just skip it and spend a few hours trying to find LIV golf streaming on some obscure internet site.

At this point LIV golf should give into the drama. Sell the competition in much the same way as wrestling does.  Have PM and PP go head to head, with their wives on the sidelines screaming across the fairway at each other.
Maybe PP wife runs on to the fairway, when the rules official is not looking (i could say when no one is watching, but no one is every really watching LIV) and just deck PM with a chair!!!!!
You may think that this would make golf look silly, but really they are already wearing shorts so......

• Funny 1

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

50 minutes ago, turtleback said:

Oh good heavens dude.. will you just stop with the 'childish games' crap?? No one was 'playing childish games'. He already explained was trying not to spoil it for others. Y'all spoke your peace about that. End of story. 

And yes, I shared info that you asked for. Usually 'Thanks' is a common response instead of a snarky one that you posted. Not required or expected, but ya' know if you were going to respond then that would have been a better one, especially when you are going around scolding people for how we post on the board. Etiquette is a two way street.     

• Upvote 1

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, turtleback said:

@GolfLug wasn’t the one “playing games” but rather than one that wanted to save you time by giving the answer you were looking for.  

back on topic please

• Thumbs Up 3

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1 hour ago, Elmer said:

Wait, what?
I was going to sit down this weekend and watch the original trilogy.
Guess I will just skip it and spend a few hours trying to find LIV golf streaming on some obscure internet site.

At this point LIV golf should give into the drama. Sell the competition in much the same way as wrestling does.  Have PM and PP go head to head, with their wives on the sidelines screaming across the fairway at each other.
Maybe PP wife runs on to the fairway, when the rules official is not looking (i could say when no one is watching, but no one is every really watching LIV) and just deck PM with a chair!!!!!
You may think that this would make golf look silly, but really they are already wearing shorts so......

I really like how you are thinking. How do you feel about a loser-leave-town steel cage extravaganza? A 16 man (made up from the top 4 LIV team ranking) lumberjack match? It has LIV written all over it! I just don't think we can get PM's wife to participate. 

I can almost buy that PP needs to drum up publicity for whatever reason, but it doesn't benefit PM at all. He has been taking hits all year. 

• Funny 1