IGNORED

Patio Lounge Added to the Swilcan Burn Bridge

iacas

• Administrator

Oof.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

If true, I mean… okay? I guess? Kinda?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, iacas said:

If true, I mean… okay? I guess? Kinda?

People are still going to take pictures on the bridge.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

10 hours ago, billchao said:

People are still going to take pictures on the bridge.

I would

Unless they specifically tell me not to

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I can’t seem to find anything that corroborates the story of people dying from falling off the bridge.

There are times they put fake grass mats in front of it, apparently.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Well, that didn't last too long.

• Funny 1

• Administrator
7 hours ago, VOX said:

I received a letter from the Links Trust that said it would be removed and re-sodded by today

Look up. 😀

I may have been the only one who didn't find this to be completely offensive.  They recognized a problem with wear and tear, and tried to design a solution using the same kind of rock pavers that are used for the bridge, and to build a lot of the buildings in the town.  I wasn't crazy about the look, but to me it would be preferable to artificial turf like I've seen used elsewhere.  I'll try to remember to report back when I'm there in July.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I give them credit for acknowledging this and remedying it. I cannot speak for the wear and tear that the previous post stated. Sometimes history trumps new. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

1 hour ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I give them credit for acknowledging this and remedying it. I cannot speak for the wear and tear that the previous post stated. Sometimes history trumps new. 

If you look up to post number 6 above, you'll see a photo of the worn area leading up to the bridge.  The course does get lots and lots of play.  Beyond that, the bridge is near the adjacent walking path, so lots of non-golfers will cover the same ground to get a picture on the bridge.  I know this is an iconic bridge, but things do change, even at St Andrews.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

I take full responsibility for partially creating the messy entry and exit areas adjacent to the bridge. I couldn't help myself. 

I say get some white paint and mark off the area as GUR. No one expects perfection. As I recall, barring a typhoon-like wind, a modest drive will get one well past the burn & bridge so the GUR marking probably isn't even needed.

Swilcan.JPG

• Like 3

Brian Kuehn

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

I say get some white paint and mark off the area as GUR. No one expects perfection.

No need. It's not really even in play.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

No need. It's not really even in play.

Yes, the road is the real issue since it is considered an integral part of the course and not subject to free relief. The pros go for the green, I just wanted to get over the road.

Brian Kuehn