IGNORED

Player DQs Self at US Open Qualifier

saevel25

I applaud him for having the intuition to realize he violated the rules and then go an report the violation. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Player DQs Self at US Open Qualifier
  • Administrator

FWIW… He repaired aeration holes.

Good for him. I bet a lot of players don't know you can't repair those, especially since they changed the rule to let you repair spike marks, etc.

• Informative 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Good for the player, doing the right thing.  I see Model Local Rule E-4 on the hard card for MAPGA and VSGA events, but that allows relief for a ball in an aeration hole, it doesn't allow you to repair a hole.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Wow, I know this is not going above and beyond and seems like a brain fart on the rules violation to boot, but I can't help but feel terribly impressed by his integrity. Good on him. 

Vishal S.

Good for him realizing his error and self reporting. Its too bad that the course was not fully healed from the aeration.  

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Administrator
1 hour ago, TourSpoon said:

Good for him realizing his error and self reporting. It’s too bad that the course was not fully healed from the aeration.  

That is the true story here: that they held a tournament at a course recently aerated.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Maybe I missed something here... but.. it seams that he knew all along that he was wrecking a rule and only came clean after he realized he was not going to sleep well that night or his teammate could possibly loose his spot on the playoff. Nobody told him the rule, he just heard a teammate say that putting on aerated greens is hard.  

48 minutes ago, p1n9183 said:

Maybe I missed something here... but.. it seams that he knew all along that he was wrecking a rule and only came clean after he realized he was not going to sleep well that night or his teammate could possibly loose his spot on the playoff. Nobody told him the rule, he just heard a teammate say that putting on aerated greens is hard.  

I think it just made him realize he goofed. When he realized the other player wasn’t repairing the holes…he realized he’d forgotten he can’t.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

9 hours ago, iacas said:

That is the true story here: that they held a tournament at a course recently aerated.

And this course has held 44 consecutive US Open qualifiers and is mentioned on the USGA site for that fact. They could have timed the punching a little better! 

https://www.usopen.com/2023/articles/qualifying-sites-set-for-123rd-u-s--open.html

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

9 hours ago, p1n9183 said:

I didn’t jump to the conclusion he willingly knew it was a rules violation when he repaired aeration holes. I read as he forgot it was a rule until the comment. And for context the writer noted that multiple other players violated the rule without thought as well.