IGNORED

2023 PGA Championship Thread

colin007

Well that’s too bad. BK is pretty unlikeable.Β 

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Who are all these dudes congratulating brooks?

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

1 minute ago, Darkfrog said:

Who are all these dudes congratulating brooks?

His frat boyz with backwards hats.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Who would have thunk in the last two years Brooks gets a major before Rory. I guess this is as strong a comeback as any. Still not likeable but my hats off to him. I think it harder to hold a lead to win than not.

I will never understand his LIV foray but he probably regrets it.

Β 

Vishal S.

10 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Who would have thunk in the last two years Brooks gets a major before Rory. I guess this is as strong a comeback as any. Still not likeable but my hats off to him. I think it harder to hold a lead to win than not.

Β 

I dislike Brooks, he’s a phony. I think his entire β€œwannabe Michael Jordan competitive athlete” persona is just a cover for being as boring as shit on a stick. And the cheating thing from The Masters too. But he was clearly the best player in the field this week, so congrats.

I still think the LIV decision was based on injury and not knowing if he’d ever reach his peak level again.

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

13 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I dislike Brooks, he’s a phony. I think his entire β€œwannabe Michael Jordan competitive athlete” persona is just a cover for being as boring as shit on a stick.Β 

I still think the LIV decision was based on injury and not knowing if he’d ever reach his peak level again.

Β I believe his people created that persona. He is dull, not sure he cares either way, just went along with it. Couldn’t really back it up. But that’s ok. Not everyone is good in public eye. Β There is no doubt he went to LiV because he thought he was done. Bad knees and hip not great for a golfer. Good win. He took down a solid field.Β 

Β Β :sunmountain:Β eco lite stand Bag
:tmade:Β Sim 2 Max driver
Β :callaway:Β MavrickΒ 20 * hybrid
:tmade:Β M2 3HLΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  :mizuno:Β JPX 923 5-gwΒ Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 

Β Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Why? He was paid a hundred million or so and still gets to compete in majors. He almost won the Masters and now has won the PGA. Except for Phoenix, he doesn't seem to care about any other regular PGA Tour events.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

35 minutes ago, iacas said:

Why? He was paid a hundred million or so and still gets to compete in majors. He almost won the Masters and now has won the PGA. Except for Phoenix, he doesn't seem to care about any other regular PGA Tour events.

I get that he gets to have his cake and eat it too financially.

But in spite of him projecting that he doesn't give a shit about what people think of him he is thin skinned about his image. He wants to be liked and even loved, like Tiger and Rory. Obviously LIV put him on the wrong side of all that and there may be a tinge of regret. Not a huge one but ya know, a tiny one.

Β 

Edited by GolfLug
  • Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

Unless there is context missing from the ESPN quote it’s statements like this that really befuddle me with Brooks:

Even after Koepka won, he was unwilling to share what he had learned at Augusta National.

"I can't give away all the secrets," he said.

Did he discover the secret to cold fusion or something. Gimme a break.Β 

-Peter

17 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Unless there is context missing from the ESPN quote it’s statements like this that really befuddle me with Brooks:

I'm confused. He hasn't won at AN. What am I missing?

Vishal S.

17 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

I'm confused. He hasn't won at AN. What am I missing?

Learned from his 2nd place vs. Rahm this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

I love the crowd cheering hard for Block. Talk about pressure. Heck of an up and down to get into the top 15 for the exemption. Β 

Β 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

6 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Apparently it was something to do with his mental approach to the game at Augusta on the final day.Β  He said he won't have the same mentality again though he accepted he may have a bad day.Β  I reckon it was about playing positively rather than playing negatively and defending his lead.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

10 hours ago, iacas said:

I gotta agree with you here. To my eye, LIV was perfect for Brooks. He really only likes the majors and he can still play them. Meanwhile he's getting tons of cash. Seems like a win/win for Brooks.Β 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs.Β 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.Β 

I wonder whether Brooks win will encourage other big stars to move from the PGA to LIV.Β  Provided they have qualified to play the next few majors and assuming they do well in those, they will get enough points to qualify and get the big money from LIV.Β  Would be interesting to see the repercussions of Koepka's win and also whether Koepka would automatically qualify for the team events like the Ryder and President's cups.Β  He has got quite a few points from a second in Augusta and win in the PGA.Β  In that case, do the PGA put their foot down and say he is ineligible despite his points because he is playing in LIV.Β πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

2 hours ago, pganapathy said:

Apparently it was something to do with his mental approach to the game at Augusta on the final day.Β  He said he won't have the same mentality again though he accepted he may have a bad day.Β  I reckon it was about playing positively rather than playing negatively and defending his lead.

If Hovland had played like Rahm, BK would have finished second again. Hovland had plenty of opportunities to pass BK and didn’t capitalize on his mistakes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I gotta agree with you here. To my eye, LIV was perfect for Brooks. He really only likes the majors and he can still play them. Meanwhile he's getting tons of cash. Seems like a win/win for Brooks.Β 

I think the shine is mostly off the LIV rose.

The PGA Tour has the designated event model now too.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I think the shine is mostly off the LIV rose.

I don't think Brooks worries about that. ... At least not while he's counting his money.Β 

It's always tough to distinguish a person's actual persona from his/her public persona, but Brooks gives off an air of "I don't care what you think".Β 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs.Β 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.Β