IGNORED

2023 British Open

Beastie

It’s a toss up as to what my favourite golf tournament is but as I am yet to get tickets for the Masters, well for now it’s the Open. 

The course

TheOpen_Poster.jpg

Read all about each hole at Royal Liverpool, in our guide to the host course for The 151st Open, taking...

The weather forecast is so so, but not biblical. Anyone who played well at the Scottish Open will be looking forward to Thursday. The bookies favourites are Mcilroy, Scheffler, Koepka, Smith. 
I’ll be hoping that it’s an 8 way dog fight on the back nine with Rory or Rickie winning. 
Can’t wait

• Thumbs Up 1

Stevie T

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Beastie said:

It’s a toss up as to what my favourite golf tournament is but as I am yet to get tickets for the Masters, well for now it’s the Open. 

The course

TheOpen_Poster.jpg

Read all about each hole at Royal Liverpool, in our guide to the host course for The 151st Open, taking...

The weather forecast is so so, but not biblical. Anyone who played well at the Scottish Open will be looking forward to Thursday. The bookies favourites are Mcilroy, Scheffler, Koepka, Smith. 
I’ll be hoping that it’s an 8 way dog fight on the back nine with Rory or Rickie winning. 
Can’t wait

I really look forward to seeing this tournament because I can watch early on a nice summer day and go to the beach in the afternoon. It is also semi bizarre to see them all wrapped up in sweaters when it’s 90F out here. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Having experienced all of the majors including a Ryder Cup I have to say The British Open is my favorite to attend. One, its golf the way its meant to be played. It's in the UK so you don't need to pack a toothbrush or a comb. The spectators don't look as if they just spent 500 bucks on clothes at the golf shop. ( maybe changing a bit ) You can chew your food with your mouth open and no one looks at you. Wind, rain, the sea. What's not to love? This best part about this one is the fact that Poulter nor Sergio will be there. They might be working concessions I'm not sure, they don't have anything else to do this week. I don't know who will win, but I know who won't, Tommy Fleetwood, he looks like the guy that goes door to door trying to sell you a roof after a hurricane comes through. Yobbo. I will be pulling for Paddy of course, Rory and Tiger. Tiger isn't playing of course since he's Tiger you never know. Why is Stewart Cink or John Daly even going to embarrass themselves, not to mention Patrick Reed, stay home.  Joost Luiten is my sleeper. 

• Funny 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

• iacas changed the title to 2023 British Open
21 hours ago, snapfade said:

This best part about this one is the fact that Poulter nor Sergio will be there.

I believe they said they wanted to spend more time with their families. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

22 minutes ago, Shindig said:

I believe they said they wanted to spend more time with their families. 

Sergio failed to qualify. Poulter have no idea.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

34 minutes ago, colin007 said:

New thread title!! YES!!!

The thread should be titled "How many times will _____________ be mentioned at the British Open?"

Rory's chance/time to win.

Old Tom Morris

Tiger in 06

Links vs. Parkland

The weather

• Funny 1

9 hours ago, snapfade said:

Sergio failed to qualify. Poulter have no idea.

The "spend more time with families" excuse was common when former PGA/DP World Tour players defected to the other one.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

14 hours ago, colin007 said:

New thread title!! YES!!!

I wondered if the title would be changed, it will always be THE Open to me. Although Faldo reckons it might just be called The soon….

Stevie T

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Beastie said:

I wondered if the title would be changed, it will always be THE Open to me. Although Faldo reckons it might just be called The soon….

Most of us live in the U.S.

And our Open has been more important for much longer.

The British wasn’t particularly important for decades until about 1960.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Brooks paired with Cantlay…lol. Ohhhhh boy! 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Brooks paired with Cantlay…lol. Ohhhhh boy! 

Rumor mill has it that the powers that be did that on purpose to hopefully prevent Brooks from winning. Wouldn't it be funny if Cantlay won and Brooks missed the cut? Nightmare scenario, Patrick Reed wins.

6 hours ago, Beastie said:

I think it was the NLU crew a few years ago that gave this event a different suggested name, but it went out of style.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Thumbs Up 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Bobby Jones called it the British Open.  Walter Hagen called it the British Open.  Hogan/Snead/Nelson called it the British Open.  Palmer and Nicklaus called it the British Open.  And I wouldn't care a bit if Brits called The Masters the US Masters.

• Thumbs Up 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

32 minutes ago, turtleback said:

Bobby Jones called it the British Open.  Walter Hagen called it the British Open.  Hogan/Snead/Nelson called it the British Open.  Palmer and Nicklaus called it the British Open.  And I wouldn't care a bit if Brits called The Masters the US Masters.

Well there has been a British Masters, but everyone knows which event THE Masters is……… 

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Well your Open may be more important to you lot on the far side of the pond, but our Open has always been more important on this side. And for many decades before your imitation Open came along.  

i hope we can agree that they are both exciting golf tournaments

Stevie T

5 hours ago, saevel25 said:

The new 17th reminds me of the 10th at Penrith. Not much to worry about from the front tee on a calm day but from the back tee into the teeth of a gale is very nervy. Don’t go long! 
IMG_4294.thumb.jpeg.e354161a755df0772fb36fee5b415841.jpeg

Stevie T