IGNORED

2024 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas

Birdied 15 at my home course today and made a birdie the other day at a course I don’t usually play. Will update the spreadsheet once I’m home on my computer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First Birdie of the year at Links of Sandpiper in Lakeland Fl, 450ys Par 5, Pulled driver to left rough trying to cut corner, Left myself 194 in uphill, hit my 5 iron to 8 feet. Unfortunately greens were in terrible shape and it was a sliding right to left putt, hit a nasty piece of dead spot and hopped left for a missed eagle putt with a 6 inch tap in for bird. 

Birdie.png

• Thumbs Up 1

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

Went back and reviewed my rounds this year at my home course to fill out the spreadsheet. Realized I have made at least par on each hole but two that I have bogied. At my skill level, it gives me a new confidence that I can play each hole decently well and strong together a lower score. Great mental boost. 

• Thumbs Up 1

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Today, #5 par 3 playing 175 with a little help, I hit 6 iron to the fringe. With a front pin I hit an uphill/sidehill putt that entered the low side of the cup for birdie. 

The Challenge is complete! This is the first year I actually made it! When you get down to a couple of holes it is so hard not to think about it. Through today, I have birdied all 18 and have eagled 2 par 5s. 

All scores were from the blue tees (72.1/135). 

Scorecard Championship Course Scorecard 9-2023 Scorecard Yellow Course Click for printable Yellow Course Scorecard

For those interested, we had a US Open Qualifier this year and even par got you into a play-off (Medalist was -3, a couple at -1 and then 6 at E and the other 65 or so golfers at over par). Henry Grillo did a You Tube Video of his experience which highlighted the experience. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

• Administrator

Not to go too far off topic, but… who is Henry Grillo? 🙂 

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

32 minutes ago, iacas said:

Not to go too far off topic, but… who is Henry Grillo? 🙂 

Henry played golf with Grant Horvat and the DOD King at Palm Beach Atlantic College and appears on some of their You Tube channels when they are in Palm Beach. His family owns a condo style executive course in Lake Worth and he is a legit plus handicap.  It just goes to show you that tournament golf is a different deal altogether.  I met him at the practice round and he really is a nice guy.  I guess my point was to just highlight my home club and have you guys see that it's a serious track. 

Anyway, I am glad that I did the challenge. I always ran out of time to get it done and I feel like I actually accomplished one of my goals that I set for this year.  Once I birdied it today, I told my foursome that I was tracking birdies on the site's spreadsheet and that I finally can get #5 out of my head! 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Lipped out an 8-footer on #11 at Quail for birdie. In my head I was thinking I already made this one so it was no big deal if I missed it, but apparently I made #11 on a different course. Oh well. I'm not going to pretend I was going to make it if I "tried harder." I just didn't putt well today. Missed an eagle attempt on #17 from the apron from about 25' away and blew that putt 6' past the hole. Made par.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Birdied 10, 12, and 14 yesterday.  It's the third or fourth time I've birdied 12 this year, but 10 and 14 were new ones for me. 

• Thumbs Up 2

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Chipped in for birdie with a 9I on #8 at Spooky Brook, but it's a repeat. I had four birdie opportunities inside of 12-15' today and I didn't make a single putt.

I'm only missing #1 on the composite for the front 9, but I only have three holes done on the back 9.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Birdied #6 and #17 at EagleSticks yesterday for the composite. #6 I already had but #17 is new.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

I forgot to look… let's see… birdies on 13, 17, and 18… hey hey, two were new! Let's go!

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

After thinking about it for a few years, I've finally joined a local golf club.  My goal is to par every hole this year; I'll be tracking it in the spreadsheet.  I think it's definitely more interesting as a single course rather than a composite, so this should be fun!

• Like 1

- John

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

After thinking about it for a few years, I've finally joined a local golf club.  My goal is to par every hole this year; I'll be tracking it in the spreadsheet.  I think it's definitely more interesting as a single course rather than a composite, so this should be fun!

You can do both as we have the "composite" tab, too.

Welcome to the Challenge. I added #16 today.

• Like 1

Updated the away courses for those I have data year to date. Up to 8 or more birdie or better and a total of -10. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Birdied 15 at Eaglesticks on Saturday. It was a new one for my away course. Better yet, I picked up a bunch of gross skins $$ for it at the outing. In retrospect, ‘gross skins’ is not a very appealing term at all!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

It's been a remarkable slow start for me this year, but I finally cracked through with my first two birdies of the year over the weekend. Ironically they were the 18th at Community (Hills) GC Saturday and then No. 1 at Miami Shores on Sunday. Don't ask about the rest of them.

For the purposes of the chart, I'll just use Miami Shores. Most of the golf I play any more is there and normally the front nine only.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought I was done with this for the year, however at #2 (par 5) I hit a really good driver leaving a lake carry of 180 to the flag. I pulled it left just off the green and chipped across the green for an eagle 3! 

• Thumbs Up 1

new member here. After a 3 year layoff, back to 80's/90's player. Yesterday at West Dale Hills in hurst tx. was pushing my 9 iron to 132. I hit slightly fat and said"oh God I hit it fat. Tail wind must have helped as it 1 hopped onto green leaving an 18fter. Average putter so was shocked when it dropped. But my whole round was unbelievable as I shot 3 over 30 at a 9 hole par 3 course. 

• Thumbs Up 1