IGNORED

How Many Courses Have You Played?

I came up with 103, and I'm sure I missed a few. 80% of them in MI. Other states I've played in: Arkansas, Arizona, California,Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Montana, Ohio. No international golf yet.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've played 72.  2 in Hawaii, 1 in Thailand, 3 in Tennessee, 2 in Chicago area, and TPC Deere Run.  The rest in Wisconsin.

I might be missing one or two, but like you I keep pretty good track and I just created a list in excel just to make sure.  (edit: see... I forgot about my Tennessee trip.  Add 3 more to the list)

I'll be adding Whistling Straits to the list this Thursday. :beer:

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

I've never been big on keepsake items. Maybe some really unique or sentimental things, but then those can be passed on in some fashion. Regardless, there is no way I could recall each and every course. I can offer locations.

USA - CA, OR, NV, MS, IL, HI

Mexico

Japan

Hong Kong

Singapore

Thailand

Tahiti

Diego Garcia

Dubai

Qatar

India

I think that's all...

Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice.   

I'll be adding Whistling Straits to the list this Thursday.

Please let us know how it goes.  My wife and I will be there in just about a month. :beer:

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I'll create a thread I'm sure.  Here's the forecast for tomorrow.  We tee off at noon.  22mph straight winds and 30mph gusts! :bugout:

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

1. How many courses have you played? Obviously this can be an estimate if you're not as anal as I am and keep track of this stuff.

2. How many states/countries does that cover?

3. Do you collect anything from each course you visit?

1. Roughly 50.  See 3.

2. 3 states (Oregon, CA, NV), USA only.

3. Scorecard.  If I count all the different score cards I collected, I will know exactly how many different courses I played.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Please let us know how it goes.  My wife and I will be there in just about a month.

Here's my pics thread:

http://thesandtrap.com/t/81866/whistling-straits-straits-course-trip-2015-pic-heavy

Truly an amazing experience.  I don't know how anyone could make this trip and leave feeling anything but fulfilled at the end of the day.  Worth every penny.

I started to make a list (spreadsheet) of the courses that I've played since I started playing golf in 1965.  I am now 79, so that results in a period of 50 years of golf. So, far I have a total of 247 courses listed on a spreadsheet and I am still working on my memory, logo balls, and golf cards that I've accumulated through the years.

As a sales and marketing person most of my working days, I was fortunate enough to travel all over the United States and some countries abroad, including Scotland.

If  anyone is interested, I can attach a copy of the Spreadsheet that list the courses by State and Town.  (There is no way i could remember the dates of each course).  For most of my golfing days, I was a single digit handicap (lowest was 4 for short period) averaging about 7 for many years.  Now, almost 80 Y.O.A., my game has deteriated (as it does when you get older), but I still love the game and try to play a couple of times each week.  Will be interesting to share some golf experiences with others.  It is a great sport!!!!!

Jim

• Upvote 1

I'm going to estimate about 200 different courses. I've played 100 courses in the Myrtle Beach area (SC and NC). Other states - NY, Florida, Vermont, Michigan, Ohio, Nevada, Connecticut Others: Cancun Mexico, Playa del Carmen Mexico I'm sure as I sit and think about this, my states or countries played in will grow. I think I'll start a list.

1. Estimate: 75 - 80.

2. Virginia - About 35

Michigan - 15

South Carolina - 15

North Carolina; 8,

Florida - 1,

Pennsylvania - 1

Wisconsin - 1

Texas - 1

3. Maybe 2-3 courses. Not a big collector.

For the last two years I am on a mission to go out and play in different US states as much as possible, so am always looking to steal mini trips here and there. Anybody needs a playing partner and I can swing it, I will try by best.

Vishal S.

As near as I can figure, its about 95. In over 30 years of playing, I'm sure I'm forgetting some courses. The majority of these are in Oklahoma, but I've also played courses in CA, NV, AZ, TX, MO, AR and KS. Only one international trip where I played...Ottawa, Canada.

• 1 month later...

1. How many courses have you played? Obviously this can be an estimate if you're not as anal as I am and keep track of this stuff.

2. How many states/countries does that cover?

Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Maine, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

3. Do you collect anything from each course you visit?

Mental scars.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Originally Posted by DaveP043

Over my 40-some years of playing, I can identify about 230 courses, in 15 states in the US, as well as 5 other countries (Scotland, Ireland, Bermuda, St. Kitts, and Australia).  I'll be adding a few more this year.  I leave on Saturday for Palm Springs, with at least 5 rounds on 4 courses scheduled.  My wife and I will also be visiting Kohler, WI in June, playing the Straits and Blackwolf Run River Courses on our way up to Houghton, MI.  I don't specifically collect memorabilia from every course, but i AM a sucker for a nice golf shirt or sweater.

I managed to remember a few more courses, so I've fleshed out the list of courses I've played, and after my recent trip to Wisconsin, I'm up to 242 courses, and now have played in 16 states.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• 2 weeks later...