IGNORED

Will Rocco outduel Tiger Tomorrow?

DavidFehertysBike
Note: This thread is 5799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Rocco or Tiger?

• Rocco
    • Tiger

I think Rocco is laid back and just enjoying the ride. He has no pressure on him and he can just go out and play his game. Tiger has the pressure to perform and do it on a bum knee.
I can't say I have a favorite. I just hope it is close and can go either way for 18 holes.

There are two things you can do with your head down - play golf and pray. ~Lee TrevinoI Like Photography Too

My father in-law put it best and really gave it perspective for me. He said, "Rocco is playing like Tiger, but he can't be Tiger."

I agree the luck has to run out, but if he does pull this off its certainly earned.
Weapons Of Choice
R5 Dual 9.5* Driver
R7 Draw Hybrid 3
Tight Lies #4 16* Fairway Wood
HCT Tour Irons 5-SW CG-11 52 CG-11 56 CG-11 60 BC-101 Putter

Quick ?

ESPN at noon until 2:00 pm

NBC at 2:00 pm until finish(I set my DVR to end at 5:30, should be more than enough time)
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I think if Rocco was going to win, it would have been today. He would have a shot in a sudden death or 3 hole playoff, but I don't think he can win in the 18 hole format. Tiger is longer so he'll hit shorter irons into the greens, Tiger can reach the par 5's, Tiger is better with the wedges and a better putter. I think it would have been SO GREAT to see Rocco win it...but I don't see it happening.

Really hard to pick against Tiger, but who knows. 5 straight days on "the knee" may be too much. If Rocco keeps hitting fairways and greens and Tiger lives in the rough again, Rocco could pull it off.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Lets not forgot Rocco has had a hot putter himself...how long will this last? It's needed for him though especially, since he only drives the ball about 270 on a real good one.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I like Rocco a lot, and Im hoping he can hang with Tiger. Bottom line is I just want to see a fight to the end between the major under-dog and worlds number one.

I like how both of them are playing, and I think Rocco will keep up with him for most of the round, but in the end, I think Tiger will come out on top, but not by much. Major props to Rocco for playing so well, and also Westwood. It was a great tournament to watch.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I dont think the "tiger factor" is going to be much an issue- I don't imagine there is going to be many people there to even generate that atmosphere that some players fail in. Where the tees are put that determines if rocco will have a chance. If they're up, he will have a decent chance. If they are where they were on Saturday, hes dead.

But Rocco played great on Saturday, and shot an EVEN PAR 71. According to Tiger, EVEN PAR is a good number

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

I hear Rocco is quite chatty which may be a bit annoying for tiger...not sure if it is enuff to pull off a win. I still say Tiger...and its great this will be in prime time!
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

I want to see Rocco win because his attitude is absolutely awesome. He is just having the time of his life and doesn't seem to be feeling any pressure. On the other hand, Tiger has to live up to being Tiger, and though he handles pressure better than just about any human being, I think another full 18 with that knee is going to worry him. I can see Tiger opening with another double bogey and struggling to catch up to Rocco, as long as Rocco keeps playing smart and shooting pars the way he has been. Tiger made a lot of gambles today, and he's probably going to start making more gambles tomorrow, and I don't expect he's going to win too many of them.

Anyone remember Trevino-Nicklaus . . . how Lee got into Jacks head by chatting and joking. You have a similar situation here. Rocco may just take Tiger down.

That last putt . . . no way that falls for most people. I went out on the practice green after that and putted at the edge and not one ball slipped in like that, all of them lipped out. Maybe Woods has a little invisible fairy steering the ball into the hole.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

Maybe Woods has a little invisible fairy steering the ball into the hole.

I would like to buy one of those.

I like Rocco but just don't think he will be able to hang, the course is going to play longer tomorrow and Tiger found some happy pills to make the pain go away on the back nine.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

Just like a lot of you, I'd like to see Mediate win. Great guy. But I don't know if he can get it done?? We'll see.
But what a great U.S. Open, huh. Great finish, great entire final round I thought.
Woods is just not human. He is simply the most clutch player in sports. Nobody can deny it. As a lefty myself, I've always been a Mickelson fan. And I've rooted against Tiger in the past. But it's impossible to not like/appreciate Tiger Woods. He is just an unbelievable talent. Both hitting the shots, and mentally.
But....I'd like to see Rocco come out on top tomorrow.

My heart says Rocco.

My brain, logic, common sense and sense of reason are screaming "TIGER!!!!!" as loudly as they can.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

Nothing gets in Tiger's head. Ever.

Is that why he has to regroup every time he hears a small roar from a crowd on the previous hole? His mental toughness is overrated

âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

Note: This thread is 5799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!