IGNORED

I think McCain just became the frontrunner

Smallville
Note: This thread is 5653 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm not sure this is such a wise move. I'm not sure many of Hilary's army will vote for Sarah given that, aside from being female, they are 2 very different propositions. And I sure as hell wouldn't want her as my President given John's age. I think it was as close as can be between McCain and Obama but with this move, the Obama-Biden team is a far safer bet. It's 2 against 1.

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama is the only candidate who really seems genuine. I really hope he wins

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Thankfully, you don't get to vote (assuming you're not an American expat).

He's as "genuine" as any other candidate - you can connect the dots on that one...

How is it that no one chimed in on Palin's 17 yr old daughter's pregnancy? I don't think this will help McCain's supposed advantage the OP suggested.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Dude - classic. Amanda Carpenter looks like a deer in headlights when asked "Is Palin the most qualified..."

In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

genuine as in making a standard left wing speech at the DNC? He wants to change the way DC is ran yet he chooses the ultimate washington insider as his running mate. For the last year he's been that guy that seemed different and ready to take on the establishment but with the selection of Biden and his speech at the DNC its clear he's reverting back to old school politics yet maintains his theme of changing that very thing. how can you cut 95% of taxed but ensure the government will provide adequate medical care if your employer does not offer health care? for 8 months he's thrown out some of the most vague and open ended statements I have ever heard a politician say! "Change we can believe in" - "yes we can" It's evident that all he wants is to deceive voters because a) he never discusses any specific plans and b) he consistently avoids debates because quite frankly he can't debate I'm a pretty traditional republican and I honestly supported Hillary this year, yes... she's a little left for me but she spoke with passion and had a clear drawn out plan in her campaign. Obama is a smart man, but when he speaks the things he says are just plain stupid, and it shows how stupid some people are in this country because they actually believe him!!!! Cut 95% of taxes... Barack... comon? Democrats, actually more along the lines of liberals in this country, are very idealistic thinkers and that's great but its very difficult to change the status quo and often I find Barack trying to do so but with methods that are unfeasible in our system. I do not believe he will win because his campaign has hit a plateau, people are more concerned with specifics now that we are in the final stretch and he has very little to point to.

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Cut 95% of taxes... Barack... comon?

He never said he'd cut 95% of taxes. He said he'd cut taxes for 95% of Americans (and raise them for the richest 5%).

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant something else here.

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

...It's evident that all he wants is to deceive voters because a) he never discusses any specific plans and b) he consistently avoids debates because quite frankly he can't debate...

I'm still undecided on who I will be voting for, but I am gonna go out on a limb here - Obama will demolish McCain in the debates - no contest.

He never said he'd cut 95% of taxes. He said he'd cut taxes for 95% of Americans (and raise them for the richest 5%).

i think this is the dumbest thing ever. the top 5% pays most of the taxes already

and this thing with free healthcare is stupid. they want to go to a canadian system. i lived in canada for 9 years. free healthcare is dumb because they force you to pay higher taxes. and its not free at all. my 70 year old grandma is living below the poverty line in canada. she pays the higher taxes for free healthcare. she needs cataract surgery. she has to pay $900 dollars for it. free? not at all. and the facilities aren't great either. i like barack, but people need to listen to what he says. half of the "facts" he made in his speech (which wasn't about change at all, just change from a republican to a democrat) were untrue source ( http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...ing_obama.html ) mcain does the same thing, but barack has such rock star status that it doesn't matter

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

i think this is the dumbest thing ever. the top 5% pays most of the taxes already

I find it hilarious that Republicans say "democrats are going to raise your taxes. Be afraid!"

So, a democrat says he's going to lower your taxes, and he's criticized for it. Over the last 8 years, the "lower your taxes" Republicans have managed to lower them ONLY for that top 5%, so have managed to lower taxes only for the super-priviliged. On top of that, they've put us in the biggest financial hole we've ever been in. I find that fascinating.

I find it hilarious that Republicans say "democrats are going to raise your taxes. Be afraid!"

Totally agreed. Obviously I'm not saying raise our taxes but people act like taxes are such a bad thing. They help pay for schools, improvements in highways, etc. etc.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

not everybody is in the 95 percentile. like i said, i like obama. but taxing the people who already pay the most (that 5% pays around 80% of everything, tax-wise) is killing the determination to be successful

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I don't think McCain will every lead in the polls. If he is elected it will only be that in the booth people panic at the last minute and cannot pull down the Obama lever. If McCain wins, you will have Hilary running against Sarah in 2012 and the two choices will be women. I just think a lot of Obama supporters will get cold feet at the last minute.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

... people act like taxes are such a bad thing. They help pay for schools...

What about people that go to private schools? They are paying for both their kids education and some other kids as well.

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

• Administrator
What about people that go to private schools? They are paying for both their kids education and some other kids as well.

Xavier, you're going to a private school by choice.

A more valid question is "What about parents that have no kids?" Common answer: educating the youth is in everyone's best interests.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

not everybody is in the 95 percentile. like i said, i like obama. but taxing the people who already pay the most (that 5% pays around 80% of everything, tax-wise) is killing the determination to be successful

Yes, I know a lot of people who don't want to be multi-millionaires because of the tax burden. *rolls eyes* Get real, please!

how can you cut 95% of taxed but ensure the government will provide adequate medical care if your employer does not offer health care?

This one's easy. He just reverses the tax giveaway's the Republicans have been making to the richest 5% of the country for the past 30 years.

It's evident that all he wants is to deceive voters because a) he never discusses any specific plans and b) he consistently avoids debates because quite frankly he can't debate

And here you've clearly just been getting too much of your information from Fox. McCain's plan for lowering the budget deficit while giving away hundreds of billions of dollars in tax breaks to rich folks like himself is a bunch of hand-waving and lies about how magic loop-hole cuts and elimination of pork will make up the difference. Literally he refuses to publish specifics. Obama has published very specific policy platforms for pretty much any issue you might be interested. Look at his website if you don't believe me. Try to find anything a quarter as specific from McCain.

Democrats, actually more along the lines of liberals in this country, are very idealistic thinkers and that's great but its very difficult to change the status quo and often I find Barack trying to do so but with methods that are unfeasible in our system. I do not believe he will win because his campaign has hit a plateau, people are more concerned with specifics now that we are in the final stretch and he has very little to point to.

Spare us the boilerplate right-wing echo chamber jargon please. Obama has proven himself nothing if not incredibly shrewd, and willing to work the system to get closer to what he thinks is right. Is he a self-serving politician, hell yeah, but even if you don't think McCain is worse in that regard, you definitely can't argue he's any better, and McCain transparently has no interest in the practical matters of running the country. He has virtually no knowledge of most facets of domestic policy, and is a pretty unthinking war-monger on foreign policy, caught up in his own self-aggrandizing misunderstanding of courage and patriotism.

I used to like McCain. I registered to vote for the first time in 2000 as a Republican to vote for McCain in the primaries. He was always more conservative than I would have liked, but back then he hadn't sold his own principles down the river cause he cared more about being president than anything...

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5653 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!