IGNORED

Philly Mick considering joining the Europan Tour.

JaY_B
Note: This thread is 5709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just read this on the BBC website

Linky
(third to last paragraph)

I take it if he joined he would have to play 12 (I think thats the number) events to keep his card?

Any ideas on the reasoning for this move, I would of thought Phil was happy enough on the US Tour??

Edit - Sorry about spelling error in the title.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Maybe he fancies playing in front of, ......errr how shall I put it .......more considerate galleries ?
No one shoutin 'Get in da hole !' or 'Your da man ! ' at horrendous pitch before you've even finished your swing.......
But maybe not, maybe he's had an offer he cant refuse ?

*runs and hides*

In my Bag:
909D2 10.5deg DFX Stiff
WarBird 5 Wood - steel shaft.
Titleist AP2 3-PW
Vokey Spin Milled 54 & 60deg 2 Ball Ball : ProV's.

Just read this on the BBC website

I guess I thought he was just going to play there for the winter/spring to work on his game.

He did just say on TV that this is his last tourney in the US, but I guess I thought he just means for the year? Not sure though.

i think the reason phil is considering this is cuz the u.s. economy is about to tank and the money earned won't be worth anything whereas the euro is a more stable and stronger currency.

some advice i've been giving folks, "spend all your money before its worthless"

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Seems strange for a guy like Phil, I'd expect he had more than enough money to live on.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
He's just chasing money. That "Road to Dubai" with the $20M payout in the end.

WGCs and majors count as European Tour events, so he's just going to have to play like, what, four more events? Not a big deal.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If so many of the elite players from Europe and elsewhere can manage their schedules to play on both tours at the same time, then Phil should have no difficulty doing so, either.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

He's just chasing money. That "Road to Dubai" with the $20M payout in the end.

Yes... its only 4 additional events to his current schedule. He only has to have 11 stops on the ET under his belt to keep his card. They had a thing on the Golf Channel today about it... it's purely a money decision.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

Gentlemen;This is America land of capitalism.Give the guy a break.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

One thing this move could do, is help his play on european/links style courses rather than just the american style courses he plays on the PGA tour. What do you guys think?

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I think that he will dow what sergio, adam scott, vijay, ernie etc have done so far: play both tours

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

One thing this move could do, is help his play on european/links style courses rather than just the american style courses he plays on the PGA tour. What do you guys think?

I think it will help his game for him to play on European courses. It's different over there. They generally play faster, get to know one another more, and it will be a good for the wife and kids!

I don't see a downside. And, as gangagolfer sez... he can exchange his dollars into Euros and buy more when he comes back to the good old USA. PS... he will be surprised at how much things cost over there; that is... Amy and the kids will be surprised. McDonald's is very expensive.
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

PS... he will be surprised at how much things cost over there; that is... Amy and the kids will be surprised.

Though everything is more expensive over here, I'd say that is a positive thing, yes?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

It's quite simple really. Phil likes golf and he likes money.

Nice. That is a simple answer!

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Maybe he fancies playing in front of, ......errr how shall I put it .......more considerate galleries ?

LOL! very funny... and errr how should I put it ...... mostly true.

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

Note: This thread is 5709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!