IGNORED

Average Distances - How Far Do You Hit Each Club? (And Don't Lie!)

Note:Β This thread is 971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Putter: 1-30 yards if I really catch it !!

59*: 115

55*: 130

52*: 140

PW: 150

9-iron: 163

8-iron: 175

7-iron: 185

6-iron: 195

5-iron: 205

4 Hybrid: 220

3 Hybrid: 235

2 Hybrid: 250

Driver: 285

I guess I have to defend my numbers ahead of time right!Β  All of my numbers are carry distances at sea level in Kuwait, my swing speed is 121 mph, yes I can prove it if I need to!

Sometimes it looks like you're hitting it 300 but in reality, you're only hitting it 270. I'm thinking you're more in the 260-270 range. Prove me wrong.

Even 270 on the fly is really far. It would leave you a pitching wedge or less on a typical par 4. I can see why Kelzzy wants to focus on golf.

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Gotta love those internet averageΒ carryΒ distances. Entertaining if nothing else.

I don't get it. You start a forum on the internet, with a thread on the internet about people's distances.. and when somebody comes along as says a distance you don't like, you call them a liar. Hmm..

Even 270 on the fly is really far. It would leave you a pitching wedge or less on a typical par 4.

I can see why Kelzzy wants to focus on golf.

Yes, exactly. It just comes so naturally, but I do work really really hard. Both the gym and golf course. Hard work always pays off, though! Never forget it! "It would leave you a pitching wedge or less on a typical par 4." Yeah I know. On the fourth hole in my golf course it's a good distance over a tree and some water, don't know the exact distance, but I hit 3-wood and am usually left with 100 yards in.

when somebody comes along as says a distance you don't like, you call them a liar.

A liar? No.

Clueless about what it takes to average 300 yard carries? Absolutely.

A liar? No.

Clueless about what it takes to average 300 yard carries? Absolutely.

Clueless? You do know how much I work on my swing and work out. I'm not a small kid. I'm 6 feet tall and nearly 180 pounds.. I work out like an athlete. I'm not bragging, but I know what it takes to drive 300. And believe me, when i swing, I don't swing without content. I swing smooth and firm, and the ball flies.

[QUOTE name="MS256" url="/t/18426/average-distances-his-far-do-you-hit-each-club-and-dont-lie/1314#post_932946"] Β  Gotta love those internet averageΒ carryΒ distances. Entertaining if nothing else. [/QUOTE] I don't get it. You start a forum on the internet, with a thread on the internet about people's distances.. and when somebody comes along as says a distance you don't like, you call them a liar. Hmm..Β  [QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/18426/average-distances-how-far-do-you-hit-each-club-and-dont-lie/1314#post_932944"] Even 270 on the fly is really far. It would leave you a pitching wedge or less on a typical par 4. I can see why Kelzzy wants to focus on golf.[/QUOTE] [CONTENTEMBED=/t/18426/average-distances-how-far-do-you-hit-each-club-and-dont-lie/1296#post_932910 layout=inline]Β [/CONTENTEMBED] Yes, exactly. It just comes so naturally, but I do work really really hard. Both the gym and golf course. Hard work always pays off, though! Never forget it! "It would leave you a pitching wedge or less on a typical par 4." Yeah I know. On the fourth hole in my golf course it's a good distance over a tree and some water, don't know the exact distance, but I hit 3-wood and am usually left with 100 yards in.

I have seen enough kids your age who hit very far and straight to not even question your claims. You are on the very high end of the spectrum for a 15 year old, but believable. I read some of your thought on Tiger and PEDS. Just don't take them, it will ruin your long term health. No matter how well tuned the meds, it will cause behavioural changes. I have a cousin who took them in "perfect" dosages, and he did become less easy to interact. For olympic wrestling of all things. He was super strong, 20% stronger than me in my prime (I benched in the 260# range, medium reps) but 30 pounds lighter at 158#. He now has health issues in his mid 30s. Just keep up your hard work, and write more in your journal thread.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I have seen enough kids your age who hit very far and straight to not even question your claims. You are on the very high end of the spectrum for a 15 year old, but believable.

I read some of your thought on Tiger and PEDS. Just don't take them, it will ruin your long term health. No matter how well tuned the meds, it will cause behavioural changes. I have a cousin who took them in "perfect" dosages, and he did become less easy to interact. For olympic wrestling of all things. He was super strong, 20% stronger than me in my prime (I benched in the 260# range, medium reps) but 30 pounds lighter at 158#. He now has health issues in his mid 30s.

Just keep up your hard work, and write more in your journal thread.

Thanks bud :) Yeah, I despise PEDs and anybody who uses them. I don't know FOR SURE if Tiger used them, just my thoughts about his shaky years in 2009 and 2010 etc..

I never will dope, never have never will. Natural is the best formula. Thanks for line at the end, means a lot. Merry Christmas!

I don't get it. You start a forum on the internet, with a thread on the internet about people's distances.. and when somebody comes along as says a distance you don't like, you call them a liar. Hmm..Β  Yes, exactly. It just comes so naturally, but I do work really really hard. Both the gym and golf course. Hard work always pays off, though! Never forget it! "It would leave you a pitching wedge or less on a typical par 4." Yeah I know. On the fourth hole in my golf course it's a good distance over a tree and some water, don't know the exact distance, but I hit 3-wood and am usually left with 100 yards in.

You can't measure driving distance using the course yardages and claim that it's accurate. Those yardages will almost always make it seem like you hit the ball farther than you actually did because of the way holes are measured.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Agreed. Lucky for me the course I play is very accurate because it was redone and they surveyed each yardage marker professionally. I googled mapped a few, and they are spot on. A lot of times they can be off. Especially the tee markers from the posted yardage on the score card and any tee yardage signs.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

You can't measure driving distance using the course yardages and claim that it's accurate. Those yardages will almost always make it seem like you hit the ball farther than you actually did because of the way holes are measured.

Yes, that is why I use the Sky Caddy to measure the distance .. like I said earlier. :)

My distances have increased tremendously after working on my swing mechanics. I would also like to note that I am relatively short, 5' 6.5" actually XD

Carry Distances (average)

Driver (cut to 44.25 inches, 9 degrees) - 264

3 wood (15) - 245

3 hybrid (18) - 229

4 iron (23)- 206

5i (27)- 194

6i (31)- 181

7i (35)- 170

8i (39)- 162

9i (43)- 148

Pitching Wedge (47) - 135

AW (51) - 121

SW (55) - 102

LW (59) - 85

*4i to pw are mizuno mp10 cut shortΒ by .25 inches

Yes, that is why I use the Sky Caddy to measure the distance .. like I said earlier. :)

I don't trust GPS I use a laser instead, no doubt at all.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3Β  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tourΒ Β 14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I don't trust GPS I use a laser instead, no doubt at all.

I've used a laser as well, hahahaha. You guys are doubting me all over the place. Tell ya what, I'll make a video tomorrow, shooting an object 300 yards away and show me hitting it there. Show me walking up to the ball past the object I just shot.

Not 300 carry, I'd wager. [URL=http://0314c3a.netsolhost.com/wordpress1/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/RefCard.pdf]http://0314c3a.netsolhost.com/wordpress1/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/RefCard.pdf[/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/88303/] [/URL]

Curious about the variables assumed in this chart. It says that a 110 mph swing speed correlates with a 230 yard driver carry? That definitely sounds fishy. Further, it implies that there are tour pros that have those numbers.

I've used a laser as well, hahahaha. You guys are doubting me all over the place. Tell ya what, I'll make a video tomorrow, shooting an object 300 yards away and show me hitting it there. Show me walking up to the ball past the object I just shot.

If you said you occasionally hit one that far I would give you the benefit of the doubt but an average is an entirely different thing. That means either never a bad shot or a lot of balls that carry much farther than that to keep the average up. You said a week ago you couldn't hit your driver past 50 yards. What did that do to your "average"?

[quote name="Harmonious" url="/t/18426/average-distances-how-far-do-you-hit-each-club-and-dont-lie/1290#post_932927"] Not 300 carry, I'd wager. [URL=http://0314c3a.netsolhost.com/wordpress1/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/RefCard.pdf]http://0314c3a.netsolhost.com/wordpress1/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/RefCard.pdf[/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/88303/] [/URL]

Curious about the variables assumed in this chart. It says that a 110 mph swing speed correlates with a 230 yard driver carry? That definitely sounds fishy. Further, it implies that there are tour pros that have those numbers.[/quote] LPGA are also tour pros with 225 avg carry. I agree that 95-110 with 230 carry is a wide range, but possible for us amateurs.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

PW: 130-135

9-iron: 140+

8-iron: 150+

7-iron: 160+

6-iron: 175-ish

5-iron: Usually a low 180, but if I get ahold of it, I can reach 190.

Hybrid: 210-average

3-wood: Around 240-250

Driver: 300 fly average

EDIT: I can hit the 56 wedge over 120 yards, but it's not accurate and would never do it in serious play. A smooth swing usually carries it 75-80 yards. My 52 degree (GW) takes the ball around 100-110 yards.

These distances just make little to no sense, you have PW - 5 iron mashed into 60 yards, and then your next 3 covering well over 100 yards, this is why me along with many others are doubting you Kelzzy, you would have much greater gaps between your irons and your 5 iron should be your hybrid distance at the very least, something is not right here and I suspect your not hitting that driver 330 yards after 300 yards of carry. Haggin Oaks in Sac has probably the nearest Trackman in the area, why don't you try and make a trip down there to get truly accurate numbers.

http://www.hagginoaks.com/player-performance-studio-2/

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3Β  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tourΒ Β 14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Note:Β This thread is 971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!