IGNORED

Anthony Kim Disqualified From

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5676 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anthony Kim was disqualified in China for altering his driver.............

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...html?eref=golf

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Anthony Kim was disqualified in China for altering his driver.............

Why in the world would you hit the head of your driver on the ground as you were walking down the fairway. Also even if you were doing, why would you do it so hard that a sprinkler head could "alter it" If he thought something was wrong with, he should have just benched it out and pulled out the 3 wood.

Oh...well.........maybe his lungs will be the better for it if the Olympic footage is indicative of the air "quality" there.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Why in the world would you hit the head of your driver on the ground as you were walking down the fairway. Also even if you were doing, why would you do it so hard that a sprinkler head could "alter it" If he thought something was wrong with, he should have just benched it out and pulled out the 3 wood.

Genius! Yes he did this on purpose because God knows you Drive the ball at least what 75? 100? yards further when you dent the toe of your driver. It's called an accident. Obviously you've commented here without reading the entire story, he noted the damage but at the time did not believe it to be altered or damaged to the point of benching it or to the point of it being illegal. Seriously are you familiar with new golf technology, the faces and crowns of most Drivers aren't to sturdy or thick, you don't have to hit a copper sprinkler to hard to cause some internal damage at the least. I normally don't make a practice of calling people out but please read and think before you write.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

Yeah, he didn't purposely hit the toe on the sprinkler. I'm sure he tried to hit it so he could drive 75-100 yards.

/sarcasm

It was an honest mistake and Kim had no problem with the ruling.

On the other hand, I've always wondered why top athletes do other activities that could hurt them. Kim was horseback riding? I know people need to have hobbies but if I was a pro athlete, I'd make damn sure that I'm healthy to play at 100% in competitions. But that's just me.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

• Administrator
On the other hand, I've always wondered why top athletes do other activities that could hurt them. Kim was horseback riding? I know people need to have hobbies but if I was a pro athlete, I'd make damn sure that I'm healthy to play at 100% in competitions. But that's just me.

At least it's the off-season. Horseback riding a week before the Masters would be another thing altogether.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Genius! Yes he did this on purpose because God knows you Drive the ball at least what 75? 100? yards further when you dent the toe of your driver. It's called an accident. Obviously you've commented here without reading the entire story, he noted the damage but at the time did not believe it to be altered or damaged to the point of benching it or to the point of it being illegal. Seriously are you familiar with new golf technology, the faces and crowns of most Drivers aren't to sturdy or thick, you don't have to hit a copper sprinkler to hard to cause some internal damage at the least. I normally don't make a practice of calling people out but please read and think before you write.

I did read it, but even so why would you do it? If he really needed something to do while walking, he could just hit the grip on the ground or something.

Genius! Yes he did this on purpose because God knows you Drive the ball at least what 75? 100? yards further when you dent the toe of your driver. It's called an accident. Obviously you've commented here without reading the entire story, he noted the damage but at the time did not believe it to be altered or damaged to the point of benching it or to the point of it being illegal. Seriously are you familiar with new golf technology, the faces and crowns of most Drivers aren't to sturdy or thick, you don't have to hit a copper sprinkler to hard to cause some internal damage at the least. I normally don't make a practice of calling people out but

I would think ks8829, off 4.5, knows enough about kit. "...please read and think before you write." Hmm.

I did read it, but even so why would you do it? If he really needed something to do while walking, he could just hit the grip on the ground or something.

Maybe he'd have a bit more respect for his gear if he paid for it? Still, at least he won't do it again in a hurry.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd be more interested to know how he hurt his jaw while horseback riding...just speculating - a headbutt?

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

He fell down the stairs at a friends house???
Can you do this sober?
I thought he gave up the partying...

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I would think ks8829, off 4.5, knows enough about kit. "...please read and think before you write." Hmm.

I don't think it's out of disrespect, he wasn't mad, I just think it's stupid to bounce your equipment off the ground, when it makes you the kind of money they make, every time they play.

this was very unfortunate. He is one of my fav players. When i first herd this i was shocked but now that i got the full story im not. Hopefully people get the whole story and it will eliminate the suspition that people had about it and restore the respect that he deserves. I mean a altered driver sounds kind of synical ahha.

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

i dont think it is a big deal but they should lighten up on the whole altered driver thing. They made it seam like he did it on purpose. I mean altered driver sounds kind of synical haha

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

I'd be more interested to know how he hurt his jaw while horseback riding...just speculating - a headbutt?

They said on the telecast that he took a hoof in the jaw. Ouch!!!

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

They said on the telecast that he took a hoof in the jaw. Ouch!!!

Not what they said.

His horse reared up on it's hind legs and when it came down Kim's mouth was open. His jaw snapped shut from the impact and that's how he hurt it. As for the driver thing, I don't see how anyopne who's played golf as long as he has does not know you can use a club once it has been altered, even by accident. Easy rule, altered in the course of play you can replace it during the round. Altered for anyother reason you can't replace it. In either case you cannot use it. Subpar

Not what they said.

Thanks for the correction; I was napping a bit when this was on so must have heard it wrong

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

As for the driver thing, I don't see how anyopne who's played golf as long as he has does not know you can use a club once it has been altered, even by accident. Easy rule, altered in the course of play you can replace it during the round. Altered for anyother reason you can't replace it. In either case you cannot use it.

That's close but incorrect. If the club is damaged in the normal course of play, you have the option of continuing to use it in its altered state. Quoting rule 4-3a,

If, during a stipulated round, a player's club is damaged in the normal course of play, he may: (i) use the club in its damaged state for the remainder of the stipulated round; or (ii) without unduly delaying play, repair it or have it repaired; or (iii) as an additional option available only if the club is unfit for play, replace the damaged club with any club. The replacement of a club must not unduly delay play and must not be made by borrowing any club selected for play by any other person playing on the course.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

...His horse reared up on it's hind legs and when it came down Kim's mouth was open. His jaw snapped shut from the impact and that's how he hurt it....

I'm trying to picture this - was his head already resting on the horses head or something as it was coming down? I can't think of any other way there would be impact unless he fell off.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Note: This thread is 5676 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!