IGNORED

John Daly playing tournement golf

Chilidipper
Note:Β This thread is 5636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

He's working with a teacher, he told him to get out of the country and play. Hopefully he plays the euro tour next year, there will not be a McDonalds or Liquor store on every corner as a major distraction.

Never thought he would shoot a 62 after shooting 3 over the day before and near the bottom of the leaderboard, I was thinking Sunday's round would be an 82 instead of 62.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

If John would give up the booze, cigarettes, the worthless, trashy women, and get rid of that giant beer gut, and concentrate full time on his golf game, he might actually go somewhere with his career. But the older he gets, the less likely that will ever happen. I have basically given up on him. But I sure wish he would get his act/life together. He could be an incredible pro if he would. The fact that his golf game does so well despite the other garbage in his life only hints at what he could be if he got focused on golf.

poor john i hope he finishes well he deserves all the respect in the world with all the problems he has overcome but its the damn media tht kicks him when he is down and back in to those habits thts why sometimes he cant bounce back

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

Like him or not-Daly revolutionized the game of Golf. With Grip and Rip he paved the way for the echelons of golfers like Hank Kuehne and Bubba Watson into the modern game. Daly has to be respected for revolutionizing the game in a way that it is being played now.

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Like him or not-Daly revolutionized the game of Golf. With Grip and Rip he paved the way for the echelons of golfers like Hank Kuehne and Bubba Watson into the modern game. Daly has to be respected for revolutionizing the game in a way that it is being played now.

i just think his laid back attitude to life and golf is very admirable

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

He's working with a teacher, he told him to get out of the country and play. Hopefully he plays the euro tour next year, there will not be a McDonalds or Liquor store on every corner as a major distraction.

Would you believe that we actually have McDonalds and Stores where you can buy alcohol here too!

Not sure about the McDonalds, but from living in both countries I would say it was much easier to get alcohol in Europe.

If John would give up the booze, cigarettes, the worthless, trashy women, and get rid of that giant beer gut, and concentrate full time on his golf game, he might actually go somewhere with his career. But the older he gets, the less likely that will ever happen. I have basically given up on him. But I sure wish he would get his act/life together. He could be an incredible pro if he would. The fact that his golf game does so well despite the other garbage in his life only hints at what he could be if he got focused on golf.

Alot of pros have felt this way for years. There was a replay of a match between Freddy Couples and JD on the Golf Channel the other day. Couples said exactly what you said.

Gotta love John Daly, though. I've always been a fan of his. How many people put the "Firestick" shaft in their driver back in the early 90s.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I agree with that sentiment, and I got a kick out of his book "Golf My Own Damn Way." But I think you can have a laid back attitude without the excesses, and I think that's a better way to go.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10Β° driver, FT 21Β° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15Β° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52Β° GW, Tom Watson 56Β° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60Β° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

There is a big difference between being laid back, and altogether not giving a ****. I'm not talking about just one thing. I mean, people drink. People chase women. Whatever. But Daly is just one big mess after another, over and over again. I'm so sick of that circus clown. He's just about done, anyway. He will never, ever win again. Take it to the bank.

There is a big difference between being laid back, and altogether not giving a ****. I'm not talking about just one thing. I mean, people drink. People chase women. Whatever. But Daly is just one big mess after another, over and over again. I'm so sick of that circus clown. He's just about done, anyway. He will never, ever win again. Take it to the bank.

I think it's kinda disturbing that you make Daly's habits such a personal issue. What on earth does it matter to your business if he screws up or succeeds? Does it somehow reflect on you? Do you gain something by wishing him future hardship?

I have a serious problem with the way the golf media only wants to highlight Daly as a screwup. Not everyone in golf is a prim and proper frat boy with a pompous alligator on their popped collared shirt (don't go taking that the wrong way either). The PGA Tour is not a live remake of "Angels in the Outfield"... or perhaps it's "Angels on the Teebox, in the Fairway, etc." Granted, Daly has made mistakes, lots of them, but good grief... stop digging the man up only to throw him back in the ditch. At some point, it just becomes a sick obsession. I get the feeling even if the guy managed to succeed at this point, people would still bash him. That's wrong, plain and simple. In my book, no-one's a total lost cause until they're dead.
Favorite Practice Course:
Z Boaz Municipal, Fort Worth <<< Ben Hogan grew up playing here!
--------------------------------------------------

In the bag: 983E 9.5*, Fuji Speeder S RPM LP, 4W, Neutral Bias STAFF Ci6 irons, S (going up for sale soon) Tom Watson PVD 08 Wedges (G.S,L)... and a 4...

I think it's kinda disturbing that you make Daly's habits such a personal issue. What on earth does it matter to your business if he screws up or succeeds? Does it somehow reflect on you? Do you gain something by wishing him future hardship?

I used to feel the way you do. I would also go as far as to say that I used to feel bad for the guy early on when he first starting having problems. But now I feel differently. He is in such huge denial, he makes a spectacle of himself time and time again. Yes, the media does highlight his "screwups" and personally I am tired of hearing about him in any light at this point. It's hard to like a guy who doesn't even seem to like himself.

In the : Nike SQ Tour Bag

Driver: Speed Pro S Stiff 9.5*
3 Wood: Speed Pro X/ST Stiff 15*
Hybrid: Walter Hagen 21* Aldila NV Hybrid 85-S Shaft Irons: RAC LT2 4-Sand StiffWedge: Z TP 60* Putter: Rossa Lambeau Ball: TP Red Grips: Golf Pride Dual Durometer

So much for his Australian tour:

SYDNEY, Australia -- John Daly smashed a spectator's camera into a tree while shooting a 6-over 78 in the first round of the Australian Open on Thursday, making it likely he will miss the cut for the third consecutive week Down Under.

After pushing his tee shot wide on the ninth hole -- his last -- Daly walked into a clump of trees, where spectator Brad Clegg tried to take a picture at close range.

Daly reportedly snatched the camera and smashed it against the nearest tree, telling the man, "You want it back, I'll buy you a new one."

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3761316

Looks like he is on the leaderboard for the Hong Kong classic or whatever the technical name is. He has putted fairly well and played smart golf.

Did you ever ask yourself what is the cause of John Daly's appeal to so many golf fans? He has this rough and tumble, good ole boy persona that appeals to many people. In my opinion (and I am no psychologist), people like that image because it is so honest, with genuine "rough edges". It is an image that is popular in this country because of our history----the Wild, Wild West---the type of country that appealed to independent-minded immigrants who were willing to put up with a rough existence to have freedom. He is "what you see", and compared to the polished image of so many professional gplfers, people like it. Boo Weekley has the same type of appeal, without the bad, self-destructive weaknesses that JD has.

I will be honest, and admit that I am a fan of JD, to an extent. The drinking and smoking have no appeal to me whatsoever, and I reject them as negative examples to young people. At times, JD exhibits crude, self-centered behavior that is a real turn off. He does have talent, including his short game. He can be considerate, as he has shown when talking about his fans, and what they mean to him. He is actually to be pitied. All that talent, and how he has wasted it, and disappointed people like Eli Callaway and Butch Harmon.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Note:Β This thread is 5636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!