IGNORED

Do you wear jewelry while golfing?

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My wedding ring is sport friendly, and it's on my glove hand......will wear my sports watch if I remember it....otherwise, nothing in the pockets but tees....wallet, keys, phone all go in the bag...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I don't wear any jewelry except my wedding ring, and I wear that when golfing and doing anything else. Don't even take it off for baths or to wash my hands - I just slide it forward slightly to wash around/under it and dry around/under it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wear my wedding rings while golfing....like to wear my bracelets too. I try not to as when they hit one another they make a clanking noise. It doesn't bother me, but may bother others in my group. Also, depends who I play with....some folks don't mind as the clanking doesn't bother them. Others will just use the clanking noise as an excuse for playing poorly.

My chix stix:

R7 Burner
Burner Woods and Hybrids
R7 CGB Max IronsKoa Wood

Funny you started this thread, for years I have always taken off my wedding ring. Then last summer I came home from golf and my wife noticed my ring was off. I explain that I always take it off to play and I just forgot to put it back on. So she's not mad about taking off the ring but she says why would you have to take it off to play golf. So then I explain to her that it gives me better feel to have nothing on my hands when I chip and putt and I've been taking it off for years. So she says OK, shakes her head and says I don't get it but whatever!

Well the next time I teed it up I decide to give it a try with my ring on and found that it never bothered me at all so now I leave it on. I never told my wife I now play with my ring on because she'll give me the "I told you so" thing,,,lol!

I also keep my wallet in my back pocket but everything comes out of the front pockets except 2 tees and a ball mark.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

I usually put my keys and phone in my bag. I always put my wedding ring in my wallet and in the bag with my keys. I cant stand stuff in my pcokets while im trying to play.

In my bag.
Driver-Adams 9.5
3 wood-Adams
5 wood- Wilson Head Speed
6-PW-Wilson Head Speed 3-5-Hybrid-Nike SQ2 Clone SW-Tour Edge Soft cast LW-Maxfli Black Max Froged Putter-Crossfire

Don't where a ring anytime so no ring, (no wife either), wear my watch , all the time and it digs into the wrist if I start to bend my wrist the wrong way so it's there to remind me....now my necklass it only comes off to shower because it has a cross hanging on it, so it stays. Pockets are empty of wallet, phone, keys they go in the bag, but I do carry my cash in a money clip in my left front pocket and hasn't bothered me yet, plus it makes it easy for a dog and a soda at the turn. And latly I have taken to wearing a Trion Z on my other wrist with no problem with my swing.

Thomas " Hitman" Heitman

• 11 months later...
Interesting that no one mentioned the physics of wearing jewelery. I weighed my watch and it was 4 ounces. I also have one of those weighted donuts that fits over the shaft and runs down to the top of the clubhead. Great way to stretch the muscles swinging it before a round. Sure does make the club feel heavy.
However it did get me to think of the effect of adding 4 ounces (my watch) to my wrist. Does it slow my arm swing down? Not sure. However the whole principal of increasing swing speed in longer clubs is to decrease the club weight. Graphite shafts, exotic light-weight metals, etc. Hmmmm ....

I hate to say it, but I have stopped wearing my wedding ring because it is so hard to take on and off and I either hit range balls or play at least 2-3X/week.

And before you ask, my wife doesn't mind.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

I hate to say it, but I have stopped wearing my wedding ring because it is so hard to take on and off and I either hit range balls or play at least 2-3X/week.

yeah... I actually hate wearing all jewlery. I only wear my wedding ring because it means a lot to me. I never wear it unless I'm going out and I usually don't even take it to golf or hockey for fear of it being lost or stolen when I take it off to play. I think we should just get wedding tattoos... cheaper and more efficeint.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Funny I am the same way. Everything off! Wife asks sometimes "where is your wedding ring" well usually in my golf bag. Though when I play guitar I take it off too.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

But yeah for me. Pockets empty except quarter (ball marker), divot repair tool and a couple tees in right pocket.

I am now leaving watch at home before I go out. Ring goes in pouch on bag.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

But yeah for me. Pockets empty except quarter (ball marker), divot repair tool and a couple tees in right pocket.

It's funny, I've always wondered if I was the only one who emptied their pockets for golfing.

It pretty much started when I was learning how to golf. I was acutely aware of anything in my pockets during setup along with 30 or so swing thoughts that would swim around my head. I swear sometimes it would take me a minute to even start the backswing. Talk about paralysis by analysis. Luckily those days are gone. I couple of times I have forgot to empty my pockets before the round, and after I'm finished I realized I hadn't thought about it at all, but out of habit I will still empty them before a round...... or practice at the range.

The only jewelry I wear is a cheap watch and my wedding ring. My wedding ring hasn't been off in years. In a different life, I often unloaded trucks by hand, and would take it off for safety, but since I drive a desk now, it stays on as does the watch if I am wearing one. I don't use a glove so no issues there.

I am weird when it comes to the pockets , though. In the right front pocket are 3 tees, ball mark repair tool, and ball marker. The ball I am playing goes there when not in play like between the green and next tee. Everything else goes in the bag. I hate cell phones on the golf course, but if I expect to be needed, I will keep it on the cart.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wear magnetic bracelets on both wrists every day and while golfing and bowling. It took a while to get used to but I don't even notice them now. I know most people don't believe that they actually work but I notice a huge relief when I have them on my wrists. I don't wear them to bed and when I wake in the morning there is a noticeable pain in my wrists....until I put the bracelets back on.

I used to take off my watch, and take all non golf items out of my pockets because they bothered me. Then one day at the range I was striping it pretty well for over an hr when I realized I still had my watch on! The horror!! I decide then that it could stay on and not effect my play.
The stuff in the pockets still bugs me though, so only tees, markers and divot tool there. Oh, the wedding ring stays on.

WITB
Titleist 910 D3 Motore F3
Ping G15 4wd TFC
Adams A12 20* RIP'd VS Proto, Adams CB2 Forged 4-GW DGSL S300 Scratch 8620 54* and 58*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC4 TaylormadeTP Red/ Wilson Staff FG tour

I used to always take my wedding ring off to play golf. Then I found out my wife was banging someone else and now I don't have to worry about taking it off because I don't wear one. She's alone and miserable now and I get to play golf whenever I want. I win......LOL

I also, cannot wear sunglasses when I swing the club. I find it gives a slight depth perception distortion that alters my shot. I always put the shades on my hat before set up and then wear them when strolling down the fairway towards my next shot.

FORE!

Cleveland CG7 3-PW fitted, stiff shafts
Hand me down putter, Jack Nicklaus model
Cleveland Hibore 3 wood 13 deg. stiff shaftCleveland Launcher 9 deg, stiff shaft

Note: This thread is 5236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!