IGNORED

Locating your ball on a good shot?

superotto80
Note: This thread is 5383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow, I didn't realize this happens to that many people. It always happens to me at least 2-3 times a round. I guess I just have bad eyes or something. Everytime I lose my ball one of my friends usually finds it before I do.

What's In My Golf Bag:

Nike Machspeed Black 10.5* callaway.gif Diablo Edge 5 Wood, callaway.gifDiablo Edge 4 Hybrid
callaway.gif 5- Pw Big Bertha Irons Graphite Shafts
vokey.gif52* 8* Bouncevokey.gif56* 8* Bouncevokey.gif60* 7* Bouncerife.gifHybrid Tour Mallet

Has anyone tried any of the UV glasses that supposedly help you find golf balls?

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

I am blessed with only one eye and if it were not for the people I golf with or my wife tagging along I would need 2 dozen balls per round. I do find that if you hit it in the short grass it's a lot easier to find and hit.

One of my local courses has a first hole that points directly into the sun. In the fall, there are big fat leaves everywhere, and the sun reflects off each one of them. I can hardly ever find my first tee shot of the day, which is never a good way to start a round. Polarized sunglasses help, but not if the ball is sitting under a leaf!

Insight XTD a3 Driver
a3 Hybrids/Irons (3-GW)
SM Vokey 58*
Black Series Putter

depending on the time of day and the season... i normally dont have any problems... but it also depends on the course i play... i never lose balls on a flat course... but hilly courses where the ball disappears from sight behind bumps you cant see behind from the vantage point of the teebox is a whole nother story... but i just pick a hill or some other land mark an head straight for it
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I dont so much have the problem on good shots, my issue is on semi bad shots. I have a bad habit of looking away as soon as I know the shot isnt doing precisly what I want it to. So often Ill struggle to find an offline ball that should be perfectly playable.

Clubs I havent thrown in a lake yet

Driver: R7 CGB max 9.5*
Woods: R5 3, and 5 woods
Hybrids: Rescue Burner 22*, 25*Irons: CG Red 6 - PWWedges: CG12 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: 1 of 100 handmade pebble beach http://scottycameronblog.com/2007/09...pebble-beach/#Vegas golf sucks!!

My dad gets on me so much because I just hit the ball, catch the line of flight for a second then go on with my business. I guess I just feel Ill figure out where it is when I get up there. I know the distances of my clubs so I can usually get in the right area then its not too hard to find.
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°
Irons 735 3-pw S300, Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord
Wedges Spin Milled 53°, Spin Milled 59°Putter Studio Select Newport 2Goals for '10:1. Get down to scratch or better

Bad bounces probably happen a lot more than we think. Imagine if we had a gallery like the pros? Hell, Tiger hit a ball over a building and he found it, plus it was never ruled out of bounds.

That ruling surprised me....not saying it was unfair or anything.....just surprised.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

• 6 months later...
I went crazy last weekend on a crowded course and a sunny day. I lost literally a dozen golf balls. If I don't have a proper spotter or he isn't paying attention, I'm lucky if I pick up my ball 1 out of 5 shots. I can't pick up others' tee shots with any consistency, so I'm going to have to look for a good pair of sunglasses.

There are many recommendations on golf glasses for enhancing contrast for ball against grass, reading greens' contours etc., but I really just need to pick up the ball in flight; anybody have luck with a certain brand or tint of glasses they found made a BIG difference in this area?
Still learning the game with:
HiBore XLS 10.5°
HiBore XLS 3W
Burner Rescue 4H 22°
CG7 4 - PWCG14 Black Pearl 52°, 56°, 60°White Hot 330 mallet

i have a pair of oakleys that are pretty good and usually play in 4somes... ive lost balls in the middle of fw's with 3 other sets of eyes following the ball... like magic... poof... gone
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Only experienced this when the ball has gone out of sight into some heavy stuff. If I can see the ball it's not a problem. I can't judge an accurate distance, but I know the direction, which is enough to find the ball.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I usually only lose balls if I'm playing a twilight round - between 7 and 8, the sun is at such an angle that it reflects off of all of the little leaves and grass, making it hard to discern where the ball is.
Driver: Cobra Speed Pro S X/10.5*
3W: TaylorMade Rescue
Irons: Adams Ovation 3 (4-LW)
Putter: Ping Zing 2i
Ball: Noodle + Long & SoftGlove: FootJoy SofJoyShoes: FootJoy GreenJoyShort term goals:Break 92 for 18 holesShoot 5 pars or better in one round.

If you ever hit a tee shot on a hole where the sun is facing directly at you, walk past the area where you think the ball came down at. Then turn around so the sun is at your back and your facing the tee box. It makes it ten times easier to find your shot because everything on the fairway illuminates while you're vision stays normal

"Yep. Inside each and every one of us is one true authentic swing. Somethin' we was born with. Somethin' that's ours and ours alone. Somethin' that can't be taught to ya or learned. Somethin' that got to be remembered."

I never have a problem finding a ball on a good shot. however, I used to (and still do occasionally) lose one or two balls a round just in the rough. like, there's no water or sand or anything really around, i may have not watched the ball flight all the way to the ground, the rough may have been blind from the tee or where i was hitting it from. i don't know, but it's really annoying to lose a ball that should be easily found just 5 yards or so from the short grass.

I hate this.. the other day i hit a beautiful tee shot on the first hole watched it bounce in the middle of the fairway, and never found the ball.. its like it disappeared. made me so mad

In My 2007 ogio.gif Edge Bag:
taylormade.gif07 Burner 9.5* S Driver
taylormade.gif08 Burner 3 wood
taylormade.gifRAC OS Irons 4-PW
vokey.gif56* Wedge taylormade.gifrac 60* satin wedgeodyssey.gifWhite Hot Tour #1Started playing January 2009, best round thus far: 82

i do hate doing this but something i do like is what happened to me on friday!

i wear contact lenses to sleep in, take them out in the morning and i can see, but last week i was staying at my friends all week and forgot them so i was very short sighted all week!

right well i went and played on friday and couldnt see where my ball was going off the tee to often (had to squint and look in the general direction of forward and hope i spot it landing), but sometimes i felt as if i was slicing my drives so much and didnt see the ball path, so i went walking up the right rough on about 4/5 holes thinking id probably lost my ball and turned around when i got up to the distance i thought id probably hit it and found my ball sitting in the middle of the fairway! i was so shocked that i had to check everytime that it was my ball about 5 times as i was thinking it was probably in the trees!

doesnt mean i always hit good second shots from these though :(

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

During a tournament I hit a big drive from the white tees on a downhill short par 4. It was headed at the flagstick and I figured I'd be close. We got down there and looked and looked and looked and could NOT find it. I got killed on the hole (score) and it kind of messed up my attitude for the rest of the round. I was so happy and then..... :S

So after the tournament my friend and I paid for a replay. This time we played from the blues which were 30 yards back or so. Back at the hole and I hit the EXACT same shot. I figured, OK, well, I will see where this one is then add 30 yards and that's probably where my last one went. I was sure it would be gone, but it would help me solve the mystery anyway. We get down there and it's on the back edge of the green. I could not believe that! I did not account for the wind properly I guess. + 30 yards would have been over the back, past the cart path and into no-mans-land rough. I trudged back there and...found the ball from the tournament. Crazy.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Note: This thread is 5383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!