IGNORED

Eagles?

Ian
Note: This thread is 5006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How many eagles have you had in your lifetime?

• 1 Eagle
    • 2 Eagles
    • 3 Eagles
    • 4 Eagles
    • 5 Eagles
    • 6 Eagles
    • 7 Eagles
    • 8 Eagles
    • 9+ Eagles
    • Ive never had an eagle :(

i have never done it. If you have, care to share the story? Did you get home in two on a par 5 and sink a putt? nail a wedge shot on a short par 4? The always cool to hear hole in one?

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have never done it. If you have, care to share the story? Did you get home in two on a par 5 and sink a putt? nail a wedge shot on a short par 4? The always cool to hear hole in one?

I've had three:

- Sinking a wedge on a par-5 - Hitting a par-5 in two and sinking the putt - Sinking a six-iron from the fairway on a par-4

I've had a couple eagles - 3 to be exact.

First two were when I was in highschool about 4 1/2 years ago and both in matches....There was a pretty short par 4, I drove it and made a long downhill putt. Second one was on a par 5...I hit a decent drive and then maybe my best three wood of my life and hit the hole...had a 6 inch tap in for eagle.

My last one was last summer on a normal par 4 with my dad...had about 90 yards to the hole and hit a wedge right behind it (on a slope) and it spun back in. I missed a 15 footer for eagle maybe a week later on a par 4 where I just hit a perfect drive with perfect conditions.

no hole in ones for me though.

I have played 12 rounds this year without one, which is odd to me. I have had probably 5 legit chances and twice 3 putted!

All of my eagles have come on Par 5's, either putting or short chip ins. I never even thought to count how many I have had. I only remember 1, which was in competition. Driver 3 iron to 3 feet and drilled the putt. That was a fun one!

I'm guessing 4 or 5 total.

Highlights:

3 years ago as a 36 handicap. In on 3rd shot on a par 5 from about 80 yards in a tournament (net hole in one). #2 at Heron Ridge.

Last year. Hole-in-one #5 at Heron Ridge.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

I've had 2. The first one came when just started to play golf, on a very short par on an executive course. I chipped in.

The second and more legit one came last Saturday actually, big drive and then reached the green in 2 ona par 5, snuggling my ball to about 2 feet from the pin for an easy tap in eagle! Then tripled the next hole. LOL

I've had a few. No aces though.... The closest I came to an ace was at an event where I could have won a car. The ball never left the pin, the spotter stood up as the ball rolled towards and then stopped 3 inches from the hole. This was the only par 3 on the course where there was no closest to the pin prize, just a car for an ace.

Three of my eagles were on par 4's where (2) I drove the green with some freaky long drives. One of those was a 9 iron dunked from about 130.

I've had a bunch on par 5's, at least 4 of those were chip/pitch ins, the rest (10 maybe) were putts.

I haven't had one in a while though, I'm thinking tomorrows my day.

In my first season of golf, a good drive put my ball 190 yards out on a par4. Being my first season, my iron play was awful. At the range, my 5 iron had never exceeded 150 yards.

Anyway, there were some folks on the green, but given my history I decided to hit the ball anyway since there was no way I was getting even close. I hit the cleanest 5 iron shot I'd ever hit. The ball went straight and high hit the closest end of the green, bounced and rolled right between the legs of the players on the green.

They all turned around and yelled ******hole. I felt so bad about getting so close to them. In fact since then I've never hit unless I've got at least 300 yards between me and the next group.

When I went up to apologize, the guys were all very friendly and actually congratulated me. Turns out they weren't yelling a-hole like I thought, they were yelling "in the hole".

Sure enough, my ball had gone right in.

G10 9* Stiff Shaft Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
Burner 3 hybrid
26* Baffler Hybrid 5H Stiff Shaft.
Rapture 6-SW (3-5 are retired in favor of hybrids) Vokey Spin Milled 60* Wedge Newport 2 Pinseeker 1600 + ViewTI GPS software for iPhone

Hit my last one this week. I was on a new course to me and on the #3 which was a par4 311 with the fairway going out then up then level off to the green. Well I drove it around 260? then pulled out my 54* because of where I "thought" I was at and where I "thought" the green was (no yardage markers on this hole). Anyway I hit my wedge it went straight over the hill. When I walked to the top I couldnt see my ball no where. Low and behold right in the cup. Just wish I had planned it that away..LOL

A few... mostly getting par 5's in 2 and putting for it.

My most memorable one, though, was on the last hole of my last round of senior year on my high school golf team. Holed out with a PW from 120. Everyone was back behind the green watching us come in too.

In the Ogio stand bag

909 D2 w/ VooDoo S
15.5* 906F4 w/ Aldila VS Proto 80S
3DX DC 3 HybridFP 4-GW56* and 60* Vokey SM wedgeSophia putter

I've had 3.
All regular stuff, got on in 2 and made the putt.

Still huntin the ace though. Someday

Hit'em Long and Strong
Big Tazz

I've had a few, but my numbers are skewed because I used to play a course that had a super easy par 5, but then they changed the hole around a bit to make a super hard par 4.
My most recent hole-out came in a state amateur tournament here in Indiana. The course we played was Wolf Run, which is one of the tougher courses in the state. For the tournament, they set it up to play 7200 yards. I had never played anything over 6700 yards in my life. If I remember correctly the slope was 147, index of 76.8.
I played the first 7 holes at -2, then my round turned into a dumpster fire. We got to the 14th hole, which was short par 4 with a dogleg left. I hit 3-wood through the fairway into the deep rough. For my second shot, I was about 135 away to an uphill green (almost blind shot) with the pin position surrounded by pot bunkers. My dad who was caddying for me said to play it safe and go for the middle or left side of the green. I said, "Dad, my round's already gone to hell, I'm going for it." I caught the ball clean out of the rough and it was dead on the pin the whole way. When we got the green, my dad and I couldn't believe the ball was nowhere to be found. I of course was looking in the heather and fescue past the green. Then one of my playing partners suggested I look in the hole, and sure enough it was there. With the way the last 6 holes had gone, the cup was the absolute last place I thought it would be.
To give you a clear idea of how crazy my round was, I shot 84, playing 8 holes at -4.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

Note: This thread is 5006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!