IGNORED

Do you like Tiger Woods?

jrode
Note: This thread is 5514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you like Tiger Woods?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

I think if you are THAT famous, you wouldn't want to be that warm. Or inviting. The media would dissect everything about your personal life, but he has almost shooed the media away from that. I have to say, I'd want the same.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

I like Tiger. I respect him for how good he really is at golf, for his dedication, for his level of focus and for the fact that despite how good he is, he doesnt really act arrogant and seems very humble in his interviews.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I hate the bastard

lol jk the man is my idol

Sumo 5000 UST V2 S
906F2. UST X. 13*
Sumo2 hybrid 2. X flex. 17*
X Forged. Project X 5.5:
RAC 50* Vokey 54* and 58* Cherry bomb Newport 2 35" One Black

yeah, I like him. It is very hard to find any golfer as good as him mentally and I think it is the biggest reason why he is so much better than others.

I don't think there is another golfer mentally tougher than him...and I think he's right up there with his mental game with ALL athletes personally.

Sumo 5000 UST V2 S
906F2. UST X. 13*
Sumo2 hybrid 2. X flex. 17*
X Forged. Project X 5.5:
RAC 50* Vokey 54* and 58* Cherry bomb Newport 2 35" One Black

I don't think there is another golfer mentally tougher than him...and I think he's right up there with his mental game with ALL athletes personally.

Yeah, I agree, his victory in US Open last season proved it.

Nope, I don't like his attitude. I watched the Golf channel today and they showed a clip of him throwing his club. Every time things don't go his way he has a hissy fit and I'm tired of it. Suck it up and play like a man. I never saw Jack or Arnie pull any of the stuff he gets away with. I won't play with people who behave like that, good golfer or not.

The club I grew up at used to get a bunch of different golf publications. One of them would always list the junior rankings and since I had a friend in high school that played in a bunch of junior tournaments around the country, I would look to see where he was ranked. Every time I would look, this Tiger Woods guy was always at the top. One day I asked him about Tiger and he just replied "he is real good". So ever since those days back in the early 90's I have been keeping track of what this Tiger guy does to see if he makes it. So yeah, I like Tiger.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I like him very much. He's the worlds best player and has a game and mentality that I can relate to. I like to keep my focus and be determined. Being as good as he is, he's getting so much attention I can understand he doesn't want to talk to people all the time. Nobody can not like his game, that goes without saying, I understand that many would prefer him being more interactive with the audience, but I don't care. It's maybe what makes me respect him even more, that he does what he want to do. He can get mad and show emotion, don't see a problem with that, only shows how dedicated he is.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Suck it up and play like a man.

Funny, but most of the men I see playing golf behave 10x worse.

And I wonder if it occurs to everyone who whines about Tiger throwing clubs if they'd truly prefer that he act like the robots on the PGA Tour. I'm all for more personality and fewer "robots" on Tour. I admire and respect Tiger. Like? I've never dealt with him one-on-one for an extended period of time, and I can't judge him by his interviews. Who are we to judge what it takes - or what he feels it takes - to do what he does or to have the pressure he has? So I neither "like" nor "dislike" Tiger.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I agree, a little personality is nice. Not the standard BS of, "Well I didn't hit the ball today and well as I'd like to". Meanwhile everyone is watching this on TV and the player has a smile on their face while they're saying this. Who smiles while they are talking about something that upsets them?

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Yes I like Tiger Woods. He has been doing alot for the sport and people and is a great player.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

i have a huge man-crush on tiger. i just wish he would do more for social issues and use his status for issues other than first tee type stuff (education, racism...)

are you serious?

just like Michael Jordan in BBall, Tiger is RIGHT to steer clear of social issues..... Go out, play your sport better than anyone else can, enjoy your PRIVATE life, and donate money to your charity of choice..... thats what BOTH of those guys do, and thats the smart/good way to go.... And whats this education/racism "issue" that you speak of? What's Tiger going to say or do about either one of them? I'm pretty sure Tiger is black/Asian/white/etc etc.... and most love him, and the media is all over him in a GOOD way.... so it would be a little weird for him to come out against racism when he has it better than 99% of ANYONE living in the U.S.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

are you serious?

so you feel that since it may not be convenient for someone to speak out vocally about the racism that continues to plague this country, then they shouldnt? that it isnt a "good" thing to do? we need more people in positions of power and influence to speak out, and not hide behind their status and fame.

i am a middle school teacher, and i use what little influence and fame i have to speak to my students about how to be a better person. for tiger not to give his "real" opinion on things (like the "lynch" quotes) and not the corporately correct version is not using his status to the full. this is of course my opinion. peace out.

Colin P.

Simple question, do you like Tiger?

He's not always serious. If you watch closer you will see him try to make jokes everytime. They arent always funny even though he will laugh at them. lol. Yeah I like Tiger.
What's in my Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag:

L4V 9.5F Driver
909F2 13.5* VooDoo Stiff Flex Shaft
VR Forged Split Cavity 3-PW Custom Newport 2.6 Vokey Spin Milled 56.11 Wedge 60.10 SV Tour Wedge Diablo Golf Balls / ZIP Golf Balls SG 2.5

It's taken me this long for me to get over the "second sucks" comment. But I like him now. He has been humbled by injury. He has proven to be human. I am rooting strongly for him to do well this year (always rooted against him in the past---I like the underdog)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

• Administrator
so you feel that since it may not be convenient for someone to speak out vocally about the racism that continues to plague this country, then they shouldnt? that it isnt a "good" thing to do? we need more people in positions of power and influence to speak out, and not hide behind their status and fame.

It is your opinion, and since you're opining about how another guy in a situation with which you can't

possibly understand chooses to live his life, I'm gonna defer to him and suggest that perhaps he knows how to do it best. Last I checked - through the Tiger Woods Foundation and various other things he's got going on - he's had quite a positive effect on the world. And suffice to say I think he's probably already done a helluva lot for fighting racism by being a respectful, hard-working, clean-cut and very public figure. Perhaps - and it's not a knock on you - more than you could ever do. Your reach simply doesn't compare to his. Besides, in my experience, the only thing talking about racism does is get people to think about racism. What good could possibly come from a Tiger/racist "controversy"? None.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 5514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!