IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm still having golf lessons with an instructor, so i would say i'm currently working on everything:

1. How to swing, pitch and putt
2. Learning the rules of the game
3. Knowing golfers, equipment, etc.
4. Entering the brand new world of golf

:)

In my MD Golf SureFire bag...

MD Golf SureFire complete set LOL

Right now im working on my back swing. Trying to get one actually. Right now I take about a half back swing, if I bring the club any further up I have no idea where the ball will go. Or if I will hit it..ugghhh....

I can nail about 4-5 out of 10 in the driving range. So its getting better. I try out a full swing about once or twice every 18. Depends on how many balls I lost that day...

Kevin

After one lesson - one thing.

Swing more on plane - flatten my downswing - setup, posture, takeaway all okay. My favourite new irons need to be bent more upright and my favourite old irons are back in the bag (for now).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Currently got two things.

Jack, is that you?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I went to the range today with a couple things to work on.

1. More hip rotation in the backswing, and starting more with the hips instead of the hands on takeaway.
2. Flat left arm and wrist.

I was at the range twice previous and looked like I'd never hit a ball in my life. Shanks, fat shots, and slices. Those two things really straightened things out. I'm still hitting off the heel more than I like, but at least I'm not shanking anymore.

Also, testing out a 10-finger grip with my driver (interlock usually). I'm one of those guys who plays a fade with my irons, and a pull-slice with my driver. The 10 finger felt more comfortable, and combined with the two things above, most of my drives we're "playable". My miss was a pull, but at least I could square up the face easier. I might give it a try on my irons.

Clint

Too much chunking of the irons lately. I'm bottoming out way too early with my new swing. Trying to work on timing with my driver.

If I get these things down pat I'm easily shooting under par......

stupid chunking.....

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Spent a few sessions at the short game area this week working on a short pitch with my 60* for those occasions when I am 20' or so off the green and short sided.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Im working on hitting my fairway woods.... why? because I have never been able to hit them (I dnt know why?!?!), I have posted a thread about it... I feel im loosing yards on long par 5s!
I want to be able to have the confidence to pull my 3wood and put it somewhere around the green! I'll giv myself till the end of summer to get this sorted!

I only focusing on chipping, pitching and putting. I want to shoot par or under

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Staying behind the ball. I have a tendency to slide forward a bit sometimes, which comes from going after it too much and I can even shank a couple that way. I can tell when I'm doing it cause I'll see my ball flight come down noticeably. If this happens, then I know I'm a few swings away from shanking if I don't correct it. When I stay behind the ball and rotate correctly my ball flight is high and very straight which makes life a lot easier on my home course where the greens are hard to hold and there is OB everywhere.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

I'm sort of a re-starting newbie, so I'm really working on just about everything connected with my golf game. Specifically, I'm concerned on how EVERY shot with EVERY club starts way left.

I'm going to find a good teaching pro and start with some lessons and go from there.

I am currently focusing 80% of my time on chipping and putting. The last couple of years have been nothing but full swing practice, and I think it's time to focus on the "make or break" part of this crazy game.

Releasing my wrists. My instructor is pleased with my swing plane, after working all winter, and now were working on keeping that swing, while learning to release my wrist at the right time. My timing isnt horrible he says, but its not right either. As soon as the greens open up, i'll be working on my putting a lot, because its the one thing I havent really been able to do all winter, besides my 6 foot putting mat, which I dont really consider practice.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Everything, particularly making consistent, solid contact with the ball with all of my clubs. Which means taking my time with pre-shot routine and practice swings. And proper address. Keeping my right elbow tucked and taking the club back more slowly. Keeping my head down through impact. Let someone else track the flight of my ball. I have bad eyesight and hate to miss the trajectory, hate to rely on someone else to locate my ball after every hit, so tend to pull my head up too soon. I have a lot to work on, just started playing last year, went to the range maybe ten times, and played 5 rounds, including some very tough courses (Cog Hill #2, and Palmettos Dunes- Robert Trent Jones).

|Callaway X460 draw-biased Driver|Taylormade Burner 3W|Adams Golf Idea A7 19° Hybrid|Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold 23° hybrid|King Cobra Baffler 29° hybrid|Taylormade Burner 6i|Adams Idea Tech A4OS 7i|Mizuno MP32 8i|Pro Select Blaze II 9i|Callaway Golf Forged Chrome 48° PW|Oncourse Target Series...

Continue to work on weight transfer, stop getting stuck on the right foot.
Get over the mental block with regards to overswinging when ever i use my driver
Practice putting and chipping to take my golf game to the next level

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!