IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tempo Tempo Tempo.. Always trying to work on that.

Whats Inside My Nike Sasquatch Tour Bag..

Driver: SQ 5900 Sumo2
3 Wood: Old School 200 Series Metal
Hybrid: 19 degree Burner RescueIrons (4-AW): Victory Red Full CavityWedges: VR Forged-- 56 degree (10 bounce), 60 degree (6 bounce)Putter: My trusty old Ping blade.Ball: NXT Tour

Fairway clubs. Irons. I got to start getting the GIR's. I'm always chipping my 3 shot on a par 4. A par 3 is about the only place I can hit the green in regulation but even then I spent a lot of time in the bunker. I have a long way to go but man what a ride! Ha!

Posture and a better position at address. Having not played much in the last few years, I've developed some bad habits and a tendancy to slouch a bit. Most of my bad shots happen before I even move the club!

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

getting to the greens at or near regulation, consistently. In other words, my full swing, all clubs.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm learning to swing again from a more upright stance. My previous clubs didn't suit me and I've now had some new fitted clubs with a more upright lie. It feels like starting all over again.

On the plus side, my previous predominant fade appears to have been replaced by an ability to spray the ball both ways.....

In the bag:

Driver: 975D 10.5° True Temper EI-70 Stiff (Alternate 8.5° Titleist Stiff Graphite Shaft)
Fairway Woods: 975F (2 From) 14.5°, 18.5° True Temper EI-70 Stiff, 20.5° Titleist Stiff Graphite Shaft
3Iron-PW: S58 Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsGap Wedge: Tour-W 54/10 Nickel...

I'm working on increasing my swing speeds because I'm sick and tired of 200 yard drives and subsequently having another 200 yard approach shot to the pin. I'd loooooove to be able to knock a homerun 260 yards and have a 140 yard smooth 7-iron to the pin.

My "controlled" swing speed is around 85 MPH. At first, I thought I could accomplish my goals by swinging harder. My approach was to hit the practice range several times a week and slam balls as hard and fast as I possibly could with no regard for what direction they go. With my club head speed up in the 110 MPH range, howbeit erradic, I could then dial my speed back down to a more controllable 90~95 MPH. This approach did not work. Swinging harder apparently isn't the answer.

Recently I joined a website that has given me some tips on how to increase my swing speed. http:\\ www.swingmangolf.com I'm going to try some of his techniques and see if any of that pans out. My problem, I think, is that I'm too tense on the downswing and my club is open at impact. I'll be working on being less tense and rolling my hands more on the downswing and hopefully my club head will be straight at impact so I can finally knock the ball downrange to my true potential.

Wish me luck!
What's in My Bag?

Driver: 10.5° KZG SP-700 with Fujikura SIX Regular Flex Shaft | 2h: Adams A7OS Stiff | 3h: Adams A3OS Stiff | 4h: Nike Slingshot Steel | 5i-PW: Adams A2OS | Sand Wedge: Cleveland CG14 56° 3-dot | Lob Wedge: Cleveland CG15 60° 3-dot | Putter: Fisher CTS-9 Polyurethane Face

Great idea for a sticky Erik.

1) completing weight shift onto forward (left) foot on the downswing. I'm fighting a tendency to hang back a tad and have some weight still on my right foot at the end. Many bad consequences, including loss of power and chunking (rarely, thin hits). When I do it right the ball goes soooo much further and with better trajectory.
2) keep forearms closer together on whole swing, as in Hogan's drawing. Results in greater control of whole swing, esp. right elbow position.
3) don't even think about reverse pivoting .....
4) someone recently suggested that I focus on bringing the right elbow fully through all the way to completion (follow-through). This new swing thought seems to really help me make a full swing.
5) make sure my head and C-of-G don't move in front of the ball at contact.

Other than that, everything in the garden is rosy .....

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I've been working on getting my weight into my front leg on my downswing with my irons, while focusing on rotating around that leg, not sliding forward. My driver is completely opposite. I'm working on rotating around my front leg, but keeping weight on my back leg until impact to get a little higher, straighter trajectory.

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

This might change after my freebie lesson this Saturday but besides PGA, I'm working on a couple of items:
  1. Rotating rather than sliding my hips during my backswing
  2. Flattening my swing. I've gotten into the bad habit of raising my arms during the backswing and this has caused me to come over the top more often with the result being a nice pull or a lovely slice. I'm working on keeping my arms closer in to my body (putting tees or a headcover in my right armpit) and turning rather than lifting and turning. It certainly makes my swing much easier without so many moving parts and is more consistent rather than relying on my not-so-great timing.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Wedges: full shots, 3/4 shots, half shots, short pitches/chips, etc.
Putting: Lag putts in particular

In the bizzag...

Driver--TaylorMade Burner 9.5*
3W--TaylorMade Burner 15*
Hybrid--TaylorMade Burner Rescue 19*Irons--Maltby KE4 Tour(4-PW)Wedges--Cleveland CG14(52,56,60)Putter--Wilson CI1Ball--Nike One Platinum

This might change after my freebie lesson this Saturday but besides PGA, I'm working on a couple of items:

Getting the freebie lesson was great as I found a few simple things to work on while also finding an instructor I would like to work with (Just need to clear the funds with the CFO and I'll be signed up for a six-pack of lessons.) The additions to the above are:

1. Continue to work on my rotation through my swing while accelerating at the same time (I tend to slow down through the impact zone and my timing is off). I was hitting some 1/2 swing 9-irons that were going right where I was aiming and almost as far as as my "old" full swing. I wasn't swinging any harder (actually felt easier) I was just making better contact.
  2. Found out I tend to straighten my legs during my downswing leading to thin contact. By working on rotating rather than sliding should help clear that up and keep me level rather than bouncing.
  3. Standing too close to the ball. Extending the arms a bit and was striking the ball much better.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

I update what I'm working on everyday in my signature

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Last time out: putting -- beginning with 3 footers, then 6 and 7 footers, later 10-15 footers and after that lag putts.

Blown birdie putts bit my behind last time on a course, so it was clear what needed work.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

As of now im working on reading putts and getting confidence to put it in the hole..My lag putts are terrific but nothing falls.
also working on slowing my swing down to gain more accuracy.
and lastley my mental game. I need to learn that its okay to get 2 bogeys in arow. fire away and get a bird on the next ;)

My Bag:

Driver: TITLEIST 907 D2 10.5 degree
Wood: COBRA F-Speed 15 degree
Hybrid: TAYLORMADE burner 19 degreeIrons: TITLEIST 4-GW AP2 6.0 rifle shaftsWedges: TITLEIST Oil Can 56 degreeTITLEIST Spin Milled 60 degreePutter: TITLEIST Scotty Cameron JAT prototype

Working on keeping my weight on the left foot instead of right foot when chipping, also working on putting technique.

In my SQ Tour bag:
10.5 Degree Burner 2007
Burner 2007 3 wood
19 Degree Burner 2008 Hybrid
Rac LT 2005 Irons Craz-e IWI 2009 mallet

Backswing/takeaway. Top of the backswing in particular. Trying not to "yank" the club down from the top, but rather let the natural momentum of the takeaway bring the club to the top, and then let gravity naturally start the downswing. Has been tough to get used to, but beneficial. I've been way to armsy/handsy lately and really need to let some natural tempo take over. Easier said than done though.

Note: This thread is 3198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!