IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3204 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Working on bunker shots, focusing on distance control.

Working on chip-putting with 9 iron from 1st cut.

Working on ball striking accuracy.

Wow, I didn't know it was 14 months ago I posted it.  Since then ....

I got good at bunker shot and stopped practicing to work on ball striking.  It got worse and is back on my practice regimen.  2 steps forward, one step back.

Got good at the chip putting with 9i & 7i.  They have been my best weapon around green.

Currently, working on getting rid of flipping.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I need to get better with my irons.  When I pure them it feels so good but I just can't do it consistently.

Anybody got any good iron drills?  I know its part of my swing but thought some of you may have some ideas.  I need help hitting down on the ball.  I have always been a picker in golf - no divot.

For me, driver & hybrids take care of themselves - strongest part of my game.    Putting is what it is & will always hold me back - practice doesn't relate to the course at all for me, so I just make the best of it.

This is a transitional year for me ... I really need to put in the time & work on full shots with mid irons, short irons and wedges - leaving way too many long lag putts.

Chipping - need to find a chipping area to practice this year, even if I have to drive a distance - I find it's so hard to find a chipping area where i can grind it out & put in some serious practice.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Today I am going to be working on two things.

1. My putting stroke from 10 to 20 out from the hole.

2. My iron distances and trying to improve on my accuracy for my iron shots.

These are my two weakest points at this time.

Today I am going to be working on two things. 1. My putting stroke from 10 to 20 out from the hole. 2. My iron distances and trying to improve on my accuracy for my iron shots. These are my two weakest points at this time.

I know I'm not really supposed to reply to this... But I guess if it's a stroke issue from 10 to 20 feet I guess you can work on it... but don't practice 20 footers in general... they have very little separation value... SV1 I believe

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I need to get better with my irons.  When I pure them it feels so good but I just can't do it consistently. Anybody got any good iron drills?  I know its part of my swing but thought some of you may have some ideas.  I need help hitting down on the ball.  I have always been a picker in golf - no divot.

I had that issue too, with the no divot thing... Erik, Dave and Mike have a lot of videos on this issue... Go to purestrike5sk.com and look at SK2 and SK3...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

So many things to work on! Hitting more fairways, and making a clean 2nd shot would improve my game immensely. I hit too many fat shots, especially after I've made a good drive. Just starting lessons to get the fundamentals more buttoned down.

I would like to share this gem of a video i stumbled across, It's the way he describes the weight shift sequence on the downswing that hit home to me, the "backing into" the downswing before turning. It's certainly helped me, and I love the elvis accent too! [video]http://youtu.be/2UCAglk8exI[/video]
  • Upvote 1

Gaz Lee

Thanks Hardballs I liked it as well

I've been practising the backing into the ball in the garden, practice swings, no contact! Just to get the feel of the correct weight shift, it's nothing new to what most people teach, but the way he translates it across has helped me create a feel and it's working! And as a Brit, I find his accent so easy to listen to!

Gaz Lee

I've been practising the backing into the ball in the garden, practice swings, no contact! Just to get the feel of the correct weight shift, it's nothing new to what most people teach, but the way he translates it across has helped me create a feel and it's working! And as a Brit, I find his accent so easy to listen to!

Same here. Backing in seems much more natural than trying to consciously transfer my weight to my left foot. It seems artificial to try and bump to the left but this makes it easier.

Don

Took up golf late in life with a lot to catch up. 

Right now I am trying to improve my rhythm. A pro told me that I am thinking too much in different positions of the swing, but I need to put it all together in a fluid movement, a REAL SWING.It is funny when you hit the ball without thinking (= fluid movement), how lag seems to happen, and how the chiken wing tends to disappear. In this sense, I´m trying to do 'dynamic' drills....

However, all my golfing life, I´ve been making a pause in the top of the bs,and this helps me a lot to make good strikes. Maybe, I need to eliminate this little stops...

:nike:

I recommend using tour tempo. I have that problem. Everything looks good in the different positions but now I need to put it all in a fluid motion. Tour tempo makes you forget everything and follow the beats. I noticed a huge difference with timing it all in. I practice for a hour and a half slow motion in all my positions and at the end spend 30 mins working on tempo.

Driver=  Titleist 913 D2 12 Deg 
Irons 3-P= Titleist 712 AP
Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 64

I would like to share this gem of a video i stumbled across, It's the way he describes the weight shift sequence on the downswing that hit home to me, the "backing into" the downswing before turning. It's certainly helped me, and I love the elvis accent too!

Found his videos helpful too. Think he is one of the underrated, very high quality video posters out there.

Currently working on waking the full swing muscles up for the season. When I get back on grass I want to work on lowering full swing short iron flight a bit.

Kevin

For me, driver & hybrids take care of themselves - strongest part of my game.    Putting is what it is & will always hold me back - practice doesn't relate to the course at all for me, so I just make the best of it.

This is a transitional year for me ... I really need to put in the time & work on full shots with mid irons, short irons and wedges - leaving way too many long lag putts.

Chipping - need to find a chipping area to practice this year, even if I have to drive a distance - I find it's so hard to find a chipping area where i can grind it out & put in some serious practice.

Man...I wish I had your skills w/ driving! That is always the scariest thing for me...so far, I've just been lousy at it, and the fact that I often lose balls on certain holes due to my bad driving makes me even more paranoid. :/

Putting and shorter iron shots are actually my strongest, most reliable stuff. It's the far away stuff that gets me!!!

Going back to my original swing. Somewhere along the line, I thought a 'flatter' swing would get me back my little draw and distance... Stuck with it for 2 seasons to try and gain the muscle memory. When it's on, it's ON... Unfortunately- it isn't 'on' enough. Way too inconsistent and costing me strokes. Super snap hook or ballooning slices more times than I like. Also shortened the swing for control (so I thought) and that seemed to have cost yards as well. Last few range sessions (after a disastrous couple of rounds in Florida) I channeled my 16 year old self and tried to get that old swing back. A bit more upright, with higher hands at address. Also a slightly quicker tempo. I had tried to slow down as well in order to gain control- never got the timing down to match up tempo with the swing. I suppose the years of playing have helped. I knew what I wanted and was able to start right in. Much more consistent so far. The misses are less "well travelled" and staying in the same zip code. It especially helped on the approach irons- flatter swing were a lot of pulls. Upright seems to keep them on line. And the 16 yo me is still in there, I can feel him. Although the hip rotation and shoulder turn aren't of a 16 yo anymore, distance is up by about 20-30 yards of carry. (field was a bit soft so no real rollout info) Give it another session or two and with playing, I won't have to think about it as much as I hope that kid sticks around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

Working on bunker shots, focusing on distance control.

Working on chip-putting with 9 iron from 1st cut.

Working on ball striking accuracy.

Wow, I didn't know it was 14 months ago I posted it.  Since then ....

I got good at bunker shot and stopped practicing to work on ball striking.  It got worse and is back on my practice regimen.  2 steps forward, one step back.

Got good at the chip putting with 9i & 7i.  They have been my best weapon around green.

Currently, working on getting rid of flipping.

Combining anti-flipping practice with increasing club head speed practice (with proper wrist release action, right arm "piston" move during downswig).  I believe I can get a few more yards out of my ball striking.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 3204 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!