IGNORED

World Cup 2006!!!!!!

aceadair
Note: This thread is 6501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I dislike both teams. W/e. Zidane's last game. GO france
In The Bag:
Driver: 9 degree King Cobra 440 SZ (ETP Penley S Flex)
3 Wood: Taylormade 540 XD (M.A.S R5 Series S Flex)
5 Wood: Mizuno MP .001 (Exsar 60 S Flex)
Irons: Mizuno MP-60 (Dynamic Gold) Gap Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM Oilcan (Dynamic Gold) Sand Wedge: Cleveland Tour Action (Dynam. G) Putter:...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a dumbass!!! Zidane had the opportunity to go out with some class (something the French are not traditionally good at in the first place) and he blew it w/ a dirty, classless, cheap blow. W/ the way he kicks PK's, he could have possibly won the game for them. Instead, the question will always loom, did he loose the game for them. What a dumbass!!! How about a little self control Zidane?!?!
In My Bags(s)... Main Set & Back Up Set

Driver: Rapture V2 9.o / G15 9.o (Stiff)
3 Wood: G15 15.5 / G10 15.o (Stiff)
5 Wood: G15 18.5 / G10 18.o (Stiff)Hybrid: G15 20.o / G10 21.o (Stiff)Irons & Wedges (4-L): Eye 2 +no+ / Eye 2 BeCu (Blue Dot / Stiff)Extra Wedge: 60.4 Satin Nickel Spin...

good for zidane, the italians are such greesy players... the whole game all they did was run their mouths

and when he layed that headbutt into his chest, apart from the wicked dive that guy took (unless he is a typical weak european metrosexual) was awesome! soccer needs a little more of that action baby

zidane, you made my night! **** italy

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I don't particularly like either team. I love my country and obviuosly would have liked to have seen the US do better, but since we will never have a real soccer program and will most likley never be a serious contender in a World Cup event, I found myself pulling for Germany and Spain (my brother-in-law is from Valencia, Spain).

I too agree that Italy isn't much better. I just thought that, of all the times and places to act like an *******, why do it on the World Cup stage. He would have retired a legend in his oun country, and now he will be remembered for that. Even the French fans wern't supprised, or really upset, when he was ejected.

I just think that it was tasteless, and unless your a skin-head thug that gets off on that type of thing, I don't see how anyone would think that trying to crush another mans sternum with your head would be all that good of an idea.

I guess that, as the captain of that team, with a World Cup riding on the line, he should have acted like an adult, and not like a drunken Frenchman.

Either way, you don't have to "like" Italy to think that Zidane made an ass out of himself. Just one man's opinion.

5 Wood: G15 18.5 / G10 18.o (Stiff)Hybrid: G15 20.o / G10 21.o (Stiff)Irons & Wedges (4-L): Eye 2 +no+ / Eye 2 BeCu (Blue Dot / Stiff)Extra Wedge: 60.4 Satin Nickel Spin...

There was no way I was rooting for France to begin with and even less so after Zidane went billy goat on that dude. I was glad he got the red card and Italy got the win.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Was anyone else just happy the World Cup is over?

I enjoyed the World Cup for the first time of my life, but it was getting old by the time the thing wrapped up. I watched yesterday's match and was happy Italy won. It just pisses me off that we tied Italy and got the only point from them in the entire World Cup. What might have been.

Now it's time to move on to something else.

• Administrator
I enjoyed the World Cup for the first time of my life, but it was getting old by the time the thing wrapped up. I watched yesterday's match and was happy Italy won. It just pisses me off that we tied Italy and got the only point from them in the entire World Cup. What might have been.

Yes, what might have been... if Italy hadn't scored an own-goal on themselves when playing the U.S.

The only people to score on Italy in the entire tournament was Italy and France.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

According to Sports Illustrated, and which should be apparent to anyone who saw the game, Matterazzi said something that provoked Zidane. The was a reason for what Zidane did.

From what I understand Zidane is a Muslim, and Materazzi exploited that by calling him a "dirty terrorist".

Zidane hasn't stated what exactly was said though, only that it was severe, and Materazzi stated, like the half-wit coward I imagine him to be, "It is absolutely not true, I didn't call him a terrorist, I don't know anything about that... What happened is what all the world saw live on TV. "

His fallacious statement is evidence enough.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Really??? So, even though there is no written record of what Materazzi said, and Zidane won't comment, you KNOW he called him a terrorist? Can you read lips? ...in Italian?

I'm sure he did provoke him. Athletes always trash talk to get into their opponent's heads. It's a game as old as competition. Zidane's "UFC" move, however, was a first in World Cup play, as far as I know.

And by the way, don't Muslims abhor violence? Just asking.

Really??? So, even though there is no written record of what Materazzi said, and Zidane won't comment, you KNOW he called him a terrorist? Can you read lips? ...in Italian?

I didn't say that I know that's what he called him (that is what many sources say). I only know that he did infact say something, and that it was severe enough for him to react, and that Materazzi is lying through his teeth.

I don't know what Muslims do. I don't care for religion. And no it hasn't been the first, not even for Zidane. There was a headbutt earlier this world cup as well.

You left out the part about Materazzi pinching Zidane's nipple. Unfortunately, you can see that on the TV footage. I heard this on ESPNEWS at lunch, and I couldn't stop laughing.

There is nothing like headbutting a guy for pinching your nipple and calling you a dirty terrorist. That's classic if you think about it.

Either way, Zidane should have been the true leader he is and refrained from that kind of behavior. He still won the golden ball award though, so oh well.

You left out the part about Materazzi pinching Zidane's nipple. Unfortunately, you can see that on the TV footage. I heard this on ESPNEWS at lunch, and I couldn't stop laughing.

Agreed.

But his nipple being pinched (if it was not accidental) wasn't what set him off, which, if even only in a small sense, goes on to show the severity of what was said. You can see the play here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=7C58zxHgo...page=1&t;=t&f;=b

That's great.

Listen, if we could bury the international hatchet for a moment, I have a golf question for you. Notice you hit the Ping Eye 2's. Debating between switching from the Eye 2 + to the Titleist 775.CB. I have beat this subject to death on another thread, but obviously you like the Pings or you wouldn't be hitting them. How do they stack up in your opinion, and over all, where would you rank them with other irons of today? Just curious.

As for the World Cup... Looks like you are from Ontario. Fan of the French I assume? Thats great. I have nothing against Zidane or France, really. It just seemed like a dickhead thing to do in fromt of the world. As I said earlier, just because I think Zidane acted like an ass doesn't mean that Italy has performed any better, just not as obvious I guess.

In 4 years, when The US and Canada are fighting it out for a World Cup Championshiop, we can re-ignite the debate.

Serious, though, about the Pings. Let me know.

That's great.

No I'm not a France fan. I was for Germany (I'm German). I just feel bad for Zidane, and yes he shouldn't have done it, but as an athlete I know too well the sniveling coward types. . . I'll pm Ping stuff ..

Italy dominated this world cup...congrats to them.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Note: This thread is 6501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!