IGNORED

Animals on the course

golfaddiction
Note: This thread is 5394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can anybody top a monkey? I started playing golf in Kenya and our home course was full of them. The cutest thing was seeing a baby monkey attached to the mother monkey on her belly, just wrapping its arms and legs around its mom. They're so common that the course's symbol is the monkey.

I must admit, that would be awesome.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although mine is not an animal, I saw a dead body on a course. It was during winter time in Los Angeles and pretty much you can play all year long without weather impeding. Anyways, my friend and I are putting on the 5th hole or something and the group ahead of us already was down the fairway on the next hole. All of a sudden we hear a pop noise (obviously it was the gun going off) but we had no idea what it was. So we are teeing off on the next hole and then we see the group ahead of us by a tree in the fairway. We were on the tee box waiting for them to move up and they were just standing there. My friend and I were asking each other why the hell these guys are just standing there. Pretty soon this guy starts waving us to hit. So we hit. As we got down the fairway, we could already hear sirens and we see the dead body right under a tree in the right side rough. Cops came and what not and took our information and everything. Apparently the guy committed suicide on the course. It was really weird cause he waited until the 6th hole or something to do it. He also tee'd off on that hole but I guess never intended to finish. The pro shop sort of knew him. He was a regular at the course and he was a family guy. This happened in the valley of los angeles. It's one of the courses off of Van Nuys street.

My Clubs:

Driver: Nike SQ Sumo 460 10.5 degrees

3-Wood: Titleist 906 F4 15.5 DegreesIrons: Interchange between Hogan Apex Plus 3-PW stiff flex steel, and Cleveland CG Red Tour Spec 3-PW with stiff flex S300's.Wedges: CG 12's 56 degree and 52 degree, Cleveland BeNi 60 degree, and MacGregor MT Pro...

• Administrator
Apparently the guy committed suicide on the course. It was really weird cause he waited until the 6th hole or something to do it. ... He was a regular at the course and he was a family guy.

Yeah, I'm kind of thinking it wasn't so much a suicide...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Geese
A duck that thinks its a goose
Deer munching grass in the fairway
Bullfrogs
Leopard frogs
Blue Heron
Woodchucks
Muskrat
Motorcycle

In my standbag:

Sumo2 5900 Driver, 9.5*, Diamana stiff flex
SQ Dymo, 17* 4wood, Widebody UST stiff flex
R7 irons 4-9 Project X 6.0 shafts 3i MP Fli-Hi hybrid CG10 56*, 60*/CG14 46*, 52* G5i Zing putter One Platinum or ProV1(x)OFF! Deep WoodsiGotcha! ball retriever

I saw a snapping turtle about a month ago in the fairway on hole 4 at my local course. Sucker was huge.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

most interesting i have come across was a peacock chilling on a fence i thought it was fake until i got close and it move and scared the crap out of me.

Titleist 14 way stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3
3wood: Titleist 910f
hybrid: Ping I20
4-Gw: Ping I20

56 Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM4

60 Wedge: Cleveland CG10

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Fastback

My coach was telling me a story about him and his friend golfing and they were driving up to his friends ball (in the rough) and they just see this thing run past where the ball was and when they get over there they cant find the ball then they looked at saw a squirrel running away with his ball LMAO

but for me is a Dead Bird someone hit out of the tree

*Chaparral High School Golf Team*
Bag
r7 425 Driver
Burner 3 Wood
Synchron Stainless 7 Wood (thing saves me every time) RAC 3-9 Irons TOUR 60° Lob Wedge Wedgeand 6600 DFX PutterHome Courses:Wild Horse

i saw a huge woodpecker(the size of a rooster) when i was playing in vermont.
Driver r7 superquad w/ UST Proforce V2(S)
3 Wood r9 3 wood(S)
5 Wood Burner 5 wood(S)
Irons Ci6 3-PW(S)
Wedge Z TP 56*Wedge Z TP 60*Putter Studio Select Newport 2(33in)Bag three5 stand bagBall Prov1x

Off the top of my head (and this is in the Bronx), I've seen these animals:
Deer
Fox
Turtle
Squirrel
Geese
Swan
Duck
Chipmunk
Rabbit
Gopher
Humans
Shankopotamus.

I hate those damn Shankopotamuses

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Black Bear
Vulture
Turtle
Deer
Gear:
Divider Tour Cart Bag
Tight Lies Stand Bag
SQ Sumo² 5900 11.5° Driver
SQ Sumo² 7 Wood 21° SQ Sumo² 3-7 hybrids, 8-SW iron set SV Tour Black Satin 60° L Wedge (6° bounce) 64° L Wedge IC Series Milled 20/20 Mallet PutterBrush Tees rule. Period.Expensive balls- ProV1;...

I'm an animal on the course

My gear:
warbird stand bag
909 D2 Driver 9.5 deg
2008 baffler pro hybrid 18, 20 deg
3-PW X-20 Tour Irons 56, 60 degree vokey wedge spin milled crimson series 660 putter pro v1 balls

Note: This thread is 5394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!