IGNORED

Golf Bags, What do you do?

Note: This thread is 5184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just bought whatever was cheap and looked decent. In the future, I am looking for a lighter stand bag since mine is over 5 lbs.

For those that are using the BagBoy Clip-Lok stand bag, how do you guys like it so far? I saw it online but never at a retailer so I wouldn't know if it's functional or not.

« Keith »

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to keep things neutral and carry a bag that doesnt reflect anything in it...like OGIO
BUT..i used to match it to anything I used, like Titleist, or Cleveland (old TA2's) or Nike

i love my OGIO right now, it has every feature i need
it was tagged as a "last years" bag for only $125, instead of this years price $199
Golf Town seems to do this alot here....my wifes bag (also OGIO) was the same
AND my putter was "accidentially" tagged on sale for $99, down from $200
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

function over form, stand bag, 14 dividers. Could care less about the rest. Also, given I have titleist, mizuno, ping, and odyssey in my bag (and sometimes Nickent/Cleveland) I would be hard pressed to match anything.

/J6

i15 w/Diamana Blue 9.5
G10 w/Prolaunch Red 17
Raylor 19* 909h 21 MB 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled 54* and 60* Circa 62 No 7

I want a lite bag that's durable and cool looking... I'll be buying a Sun Mountain Three.5 later this week

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Do you match the bag to your irons, or woods?

No, Sun Mountain doesn't make clubs.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Yes and no. I want a cart bag with lots of storage. Had an excellent Datrek for 10 years, too heavy. I love the look of staff/tour bags, yet they are all around 11, to 13libs. Only two companies make light, staff looking bags for us: Taylor Made - $325 and a gorgeous Titleist Midsized Staff bag - $235. Yet will not spend the money, and don't have Titleist clubs. Yet. :) So I opted for the Cobra, in white. Very nice looking bag. Not heavy either. I also have a few years old superlight, gold Sun Mountain stand/carry bag, which I use occasionially. And when I do walk the course, my cart bags fit on by Bagboy push cart anyway.

No. I primarily want a good bag, but I would rather it did not match any of my clubs. This is why I bought an Ogio bag. I may change clubs before I change bag, so I would rather have Mizuno clubs in an Ogio bag than Titleist clubs in a Mizuno bag.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a Sun Mountain Cart Bag. I love it. Another thing I love is that I got it for $0. I'll probably get a bag this Christmas, though. I might even get an older Titleist staff bag (I love the looks of staff bags).

I just have a $40 bag from scheels. It looks good, is neutral so it doesn't clash with anything, and has held up very well. Most of my friends have gone through 2 or 3 bags because of rips and breaks, but I play much more and my bag is in new condish. All about care.

My next bag will be w/e looks the coolest at the time

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I say try a bunch and figure out what works for you. I originally wanted a 14 divider system and went with a Nike Sasquatch. After the first round however I realized that the way the shoulder straps connect prevented me from reaching the handle as I was taking it off my shoulder and I found it really annoying.

Took it back and got a Ping Lattitude. Nice stand system but the club management was horrible and the dividers go slack when you set the back down due to the tilting bottom.

Returned that one for my current Ogio Grom and it's an awesome bag. The ball silo, zipperless ball pocket, tee holders, insulated bottle pocket and the club management are just all amazing and I couldn't be happier. Took me three tries (and thankfully a very understanding golf shop) to get it right but it was worth the effort rather then settling for something I didn't like.

I would avoid picking a bag by whether it matches your clubs (though I'm not sure I would carry a Callaway bag since I don't use their clubs, or a Cobra, or Cleveland, etc.).

Driver- titleist.gif 909D2 9.5* 
Fairway Wood- titleist.gif 909F2 15.5* w/ Diamana Blue stiff
Hybrid- titleist.gif 909H 19* 
Irons- mizuno.gifMX-200 4-PW, vokey.gifSM 50.8 bent to 51*, SM 56.11, and TVD 60*M
Putter- cameron.gif Newport 2.5 

I have a Sun Mountain Cart Bag. I love it. Another thing I love is that I got it for $0. I'll probably get a bag this Christmas, though. I might even get an older Titleist staff bag (I love the looks of staff bags).

correct me if im wrong, but aren't you a teenager, and therefore have to walk?

Anyways, i just use the bag that my team gives me. Its nice because it says my name on it, and my town, wellesley.

Lots of love for the Ogio Grom, it sounds like.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

a crappy walmart bag ..crappy walmart irons.

Sweet. Perfect example of "It's not the arrow, it's the indian"

Getting better........

What's in my Cart bag:

983k 10.5* driver, Reg flex graphite 904f 15* fairway wood, Reg flex Graphite Cobra SSI Irons 3-PWTA900 52* wedgeTA588 56* wedgeSeemore FGP2 custom putter w/ a Winn urban camo gripGolf Pride Tour Wrap gripsHome Courses:Horseshoe Bay: Ramrock, ...

Some bag that I got on sale at TGW a few years back. Eight full length dividers, putter thingy, comfortable straps, just the right number of pockets, and (best of all) no logo.

I got a Nike Xtreme Sport Carry II...

It's got plenty of space for clubs, light and has a nice strap. It's not exactly stable though and can be liable to tip over...Otherwise it's a pretty solid bag. And yeah I have a Nike Driver, Fairway Wood and Wedges, so yeah that ties into it.

• 8 months later...
I originally got a bag to match my irons and wedges .. then realized it looked better to match my woods and hybrids to the the headcovers

2010 Staff Bag
2010 S2 Driver - Stiff - (-.5")
2010 S2 3 Wood - Stiff
2010 Baffler TWS Hybrids 3 & 4
2010 MP-58 5-PW Irons - (+.5") 2010 MP-T10 Black Satin 52° - 56° - 60° - (+.5") 2009 Black Carbon 2 Putter Winn Grip e6Photos of my bag Golf Galaxy Wisconsin Amateur Tour PlayerGolf...

Note: This thread is 5184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!