IGNORED

What is your biggest pet-peeve in Golf?

rckwd
Note: This thread is 2532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Look for his ball forever guy. Hey dumbass, we all saw it go in the trees and you won't have a shot out of there anyways. Quit looking for your ball in a foot of leaves and brush. Quit buying Pro-V1's and you won't feel so compelled to look for a ball you're never going to find 5 times a round.

the guy thats been playing a month, is at his first society competition and has never gamed with me all of a sudden decides to give advice about my backswing being flat, or my head coming up, perhaps im swinging out to in,.....

I mean, i just striped it 266 down left centre with an easy PW to the green, but you know,...i still need this advice apparently,.....

or the same newbie that keeps trying to rush me off the tee saying "those guys are well out your range, just play for god sake",...........only for me to tee off and prove a point by rolling it 40 yards past where the guys in front are (dont worry, i text them and told them i was doing so, they new it was coming so in no danger),........

damn noobs, we were all there once, the reason people still play with us though is cus we keep our mouths shut and learn from the better players!

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

Slow play.  I have a good friend nicknamed the human speed bump.

Love him to death, but I'd rather have a root canal than play golf with him.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by colin007

i can deal with anyone except for Slow Guy - i have said it many times before here:

Play Ready Golf or GTFO!!!

+1 for this.

I play with a few guys from time-to-time who are really hung up on who has honors and who's farthest from the green/cup.  When the guy who has honors has to take a "pit stop", they will wait on the tee.  When guy farthest from the cup is on the far side of the green, they wait.  They don't regularly ask me to golf because (I think) I don't respect the "proper" order of play.  OK with me.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

There is one dude I play with who always flies to the next tee box and goes first although he rarely wins a hole, then invariably whispers loudly when I am teeing off. Just shut up and play (in the correct order). Those are the type of dudes that irritate me the most. The cart girl macking is hilarious. It doesn't irritate me.

Originally Posted by Chris Prosser

Poor etiquette is my biggest pet peeve by far.  I don't need someone to follow the good book of golf, but use some common sense out there.  If you miss your 6 footer and pick it up, let me put out before trying that putt again.  I don't mind slow play, it's good training for tournaments and mental strength.

Absolutley. Played the other day and somebody in one of the groups ahead of us seemed to hit into every trap on the course and  didn't  rake  a  single  one. I'd never let anybody I was playing with get away with that.

• Upvote 1
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Originally Posted by anthony

Look for his ball forever guy. Hey dumbass, we all saw it go in the trees and you won't have a shot out of there anyways. Quit looking for your ball in a foot of leaves and brush. Quit buying Pro-V1's and you won't feel so compelled to look for a ball you're never going to find 5 times a round.

I kind of agree and disagree on this one. To lose your ball 5 times OB or in something unfindable then thats one thing but if i lose my ball between fairways i probably spent 5 minutes looking for it and its not cuz it was a pro v-1. It pissed me off to lose 2 strokes because i cant find it when there is no water, fence or anything like that is around. If you hit it near a fence admit that its gone. If it's somewhere just off the fairway then look for it but i believe there is a 5 minute rule.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by bplewis24

You should have asked why didn't he hit his iron there?  What's wrong with your iron?  You should really learn to hit your iron.

Now you are trying to tell how he should make his comebacks.... :p

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I have come to the conclussion I cant stand someone that lines up and take a few practice swings that look great then.. sit on the ball for 60-90 seconds moving feet bouncing club then take the ugliest actual swing and ball goes no where...

Tell them to not think so much about it take a few practice swings and then line up and hit while they are in the zone, and they hit a good shot.. then 2 shots later they are back to taking forever.

Also I know I am the ticked off, shoulda done better, club slammer after hitting a bad shot that blows a hole..guy.. its bc I hate it that in High school I could shoot low 80s and now im lucky to break 90..

I have a buddy I golf with that thinks his drives always go 300+ yards.  So he will look for his ball for 5 minutes or so in that range while he really hit the ball 200ish

Driver:    SLDR TP 9.5* (Tour AD DI 6S)

Wood:   Jetspeed 3W (Aldilia RIP Alpha) & SLDR 5W (Diamana Kai'li)

Hybrids: Rescue 11 3H (18*) & Rescue 11 4H (21*)

Irons:     Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW

Wedge:   ATV 52* & 58*

Putter:   Bettinardi Signature 6

Originally Posted by jlt73

I have a buddy I golf with that thinks his drives always go 300+ yards.  So he will look for his ball for 5 minutes or so in that range while he really hit the ball 200ish

I've got a friend that is just like this. He thinks everything is down the middlw. He hits the ball, scoops up his tee and never looks at his ball. A lot of the time he even says "that's down the middle", well it may have started down the middle but after if finished slicing it's now in the woods (or where ever). Even after I tell him where his ball finished, he still looks at all the balls in the fairway checking to see if one is his. Drives my crazy.

Honestly not much bothers me other than the really slow guys that refuse to let you play through when you're clearly playing much faster. Not playing speed golf but watching a group golflogix every shot then bend it like Bubba onto the next fairway gets old quick. Also, watching a guy take a step back from his setup because a car/airplane/ufo is passing near him... Then he waits for the "noise" to stop so he can test the compression of his ball against that white oak over there... Although that isn't annoying, its just funny.

Originally Posted by jlt73

Ha.  I have a co-worker like this.  He is a big, strong guy and when he gets a hold of one, he can put it out there about the same distances I can.  But he rarely ever hits it square, and often hits a weak slice with his driver.  Often when we play together he'll be in the right rough, and he always looks for his ball about where mine is or sometimes past it, and I always feel hesitant to tell him "it's about 50 yards back that way."  But if I don't, we'll be in for a long, long round.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by JGLindner73

I have come to the conclussion I cant stand someone that lines up and take a few practice swings that look great then.. sit on the ball for 60-90 seconds moving feet bouncing club then take the ugliest actual swing and ball goes no where...

Tell them to not think so much about it take a few practice swings and then line up and hit while they are in the zone, and they hit a good shot.. then 2 shots later they are back to taking forever.

That one can get annoying: I usually take no practice swing, I'd rather focus all my energies on one good swing.

There's a related one to this that drives me nuts: the guy who after every shot spends 2 minutes reenacting his swing and analyzing what could have possibly gone wrong.  You already hit it, get moving and go hit it again already!!!

In my  bag: 

Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18  -  6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) - 

Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -  Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic) 

D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

B330-RX Balls

I am blessed with good patience for slow players ahead of me, and I get sick of playing partners who whine about it.

Most people who play slowly are doing so because they're playing badly.  They'd love to be playing quicker.

I try not to play slowly. In fact, I don't.  But if somebody hits into me, I've been known to get furious enough to wait for them near the 18th green.

Not to physically fight, of course, but to tell them to smarten up.

Taylormade RocketBallz.....13° tour spoon;  Ping G15.....17° fairway wood;  Callaway RAZR X Blk.....24° fairway wood;

Epon AF-901....19° driving iron;  Wishon 870Ti....5-8 irons (1° weak), 9-iron (2° weak); Nakashima SuperSpin.....52, 58, 64° wedges;

Lovett Tour Standard.....sand iron; Louisville HB.....putter.

I am with Joel on the swing correcter. The guy who always pulls his putt back just to miss it again is a buzzkill too.

Originally Posted by Lefty-Golfer

you need to be way more specific then "one of the guys yelling you suck" there are 65k of them yelling that and some of them are grandmothers!! nobody comes into our house and thinks they should feel welcome!

funny tidbit, my oldest son is now almost 14, about 6 years ago he was with me, my father and another friend at an eagles/giants, standing on the seat of his chair so he could see, joining in a stadium wide gaints suck chant during player introductions...ahhh good times. My dad thought it was awesome, when he went home and told his mother it was one of his favorite parts...well she was not impressed!! lucky for me he didn't say anything about the tailgating before the game!!!

good times!!

Off topic post, but Beagles fans are the most violent and belligerent in the NFL. I once saw a bunch of Seagulls fans teeing off on one Giants fan in front of his son, 5 against 1...real brave, huh?

And, talk about sucking, what happened to the 'Dream Team'? They should be doing a little less dreaming and more playing!

Let's go Big Blue! REPEAT!!!!

dak4n6

Note: This thread is 2532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!