IGNORED

How do you mark your ball for identification?

SergioFan23
Note: This thread is 2933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How: super thin red line around the equator, red dot right above the number on both sides.
Why: I've hit a "wrong ball" before. It cost me a lot of money. Now my mark is very distinct.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I look for four dimples that make a good diamond pattern to the left of the number and mark them (birthstone, baseball fan). I like to use blue since most balls I see use red or black.

FT-5 Tour Driver (9.5* w/ Aldila SV-65 shaft)
Supersteel Burner Fairway Metal (15*)
Supersteel Burner (3-PW) Irons
SV Tour Wedges (50.10, 56.14)
DFX 9900 Putter tour i(x) balls

I prefer no. 1 balls and put a red minus sign, before the number ....... going for a birdie !!!

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Usually, a star through the logo of any color. Sometimes, I'll just hand my daughter a box of balls and bunch of sharpies and let her get creative. I usually play better with these because they keep me relaxed.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST

Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 3H

Irons: Cleveland Launcher

Wedges: Cleveland cg 15 46, 52, 56, 60

Putter: Odyssey tour black

Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

I first spin balance the balls with the check and go dealie bob, I would never by it but my dad being the gimmick guy gave it to me so I use it. I mark the equator and dot the top. They I finish the process with an little "x" in the right hand corner of the number. I do the balancing for obvious reasons and the "x" comes from watching stock car racing when I was a kid.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A big orange dot on each side of the sleeve number.

Why? I lost my sharpie one day and borrowed sharpie from the pro shop to mark my balls for the day. They had pink and orange. I choose orange and shot my first 79. I bought a 12 pack of orange sharpies the next day and it has been my mark ever since.

Orange is all that common, and I would never play an unmarked ball now, helps me know its mine, and helps other know it is no theirs.
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

I have no idea what this means (and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one).

Cars with similar numbers would put an "x" after their number in effort to have the number they liked.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I put a dot on each side of the number. I do it this way because I'm usually scrambling to get them marked at the last minute while my group is on the first tee, and I don't have time to do anything else =)

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

I make a green dot above right of the logo. When I started playing the game frequently, I had a set of Sharpies at my home desk: red, blue, green, and black. I had the least use for the green one, so I threw it in my bag, and that was that. I like to keep my ball markings as simple as possible.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I just want to know who the dude is that puts his initials on his Top Flite X-out recycled water balls. He is littering my course with them.

Used to do a green dot to the right of the number. But I found a ball in the water up in Michigan on Vac. that had LOSER written on it in Pink Sharpie. It was a TM TP Red. I use those anyway so I gamed that one and I ended up beating my stepdad and brother-in-law. Might start writing LOSER on my balls from now on.

Whats in my  Stratus Stand Bag
Driver:  Burner 2.0 9.5°

3 Wood:  R11 15.5°

3 Hybrid:  Burner 2.021°

Irons: taylormade.gif R7 4-PW,AW 
Wedge:  xFT 56° and RAC 60° 

Putter: taylormade.gif Ghost Spider 34"
Ball: srixon.gif Q-Star bridgestone.gif e6/B330-RX

A small "RP" (my initials) near the logo on both sides. Color is optional. I've been marking my ball for so long that it feels weird to play one that isn't marked. When you play in any sort of competition (or you just believe in playing by the rules like I do), then being able to positively identify your ball is not optional, it's a necessity. I've even found an identical ball with identical number and marked with dots in the same location where I put my initials, and of the same color I was using that day. Had I just had a couple of dots on my ball, it would have been impossible to know if that ball was mine or just a stray ball, and my ball would have been deemed lost. For me, a distinctive mark is essential.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I used to write "NOT YOURS" on the blank side of the ball... it got a few laughs out on the course. Now, I put a blue or red dot to the left of both the Bridgestone name and the number of the ball.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

i marked one black dot just beneath the number on each side of the ball for personal identification.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher 9.5* (UST Proforce V2 65 R)
#3, #5, #7 and #9 Wood: Cleveland Launcher (Cleveland Gold, UST Proforce and Grafalloy ProLaunch regular shaft)
Hybrid irons: 5-6, Adams (Graphite Design YS+ Graphite R)
Irons: 7-PW, Adams Tech OS Hybrid (True Temper GS75 steel R)
Wedges: 52*...

I placed two red dots on either side of "Taylormade" and 1 red dot uinderneath the number.

When I walk to my ball in deep rough, there is no question which one is mine!

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Note: This thread is 2933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!