IGNORED

How often do you birdie a hole?

wrx_junki
Note: This thread is 5374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How often do you birde a hole?

• Every round.
    • Every 2-3 rounds.
    • Every 4-6 rounds.
    • Every 7-10 rounds.
    • Once in a blue moon.
    • Haven't gotten my first birdie.

At least once a round for me...

The few rounds that I don't I'm very angry at the putter

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost all of mine come on par 3 or par 5 holes. Rarely hit less than a six iron into a par 4s.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Every two or three rounds. I'm streaky though. I may birdy a hole and on the very next one, I'll get an 8.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I used to get more birdies, esp. on par 4 and 5 holes. My overall score was much higher, though. I think this was due to trying 'hero' shots that rarely...but SOMEtimes...pay off. I try and play a more controlled game now and have managed to shave off some strokes from my index, but one result has been fewer birdies.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Usually about one per 18 holes. I'd like that to improve quite a bit though. The other day I shot a 77 with 3 birds...that felt a bit better. With my decent length off the tee I feel I should be getting a lot better look at birdies...just need to stick my irons closer to the hole...working on that as we speak.
I'm just one of those guys that is going to shoot bogeys here and there, so to be close to par I feel I also need to make a few birdies a round to balance things out. If I can keep the real uglies off the score card then I can start shooting consisntly in the mid to high-70s, which is my goal atm.

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

I got my first birdie!!!

It was a 152 yard par 3 shot and Im the ball closest to the pin. The funny thing is that on the next hole i was doing bad, but I chipped the bogey shot into the cup from about 20 yards away. LOL. Not bad for a 3 month player and I shot a 107 today. Best legit score Ive had all year.

Whats in the Four 5?

Burner 10.5 Stiff
Burner 3W
CPR 22/26 HybridsG5 5-PW Black Dot +2 Vokey Sm OilCanSV Tour 60* Black FinishBarbadosPro-V1 recycled

Usually at least 1 every 9 holes because there are 2 short par 5's on my home course :). I still remember my first birdie ever.. it was a par 5 and I was chipping from just off the green for my 3rd and completely duffed the shot and the ball barely even moved.. I was a bit embarrassed so i just hit the 4th shot and chipped it in.. :)

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

I probably average one per round. MAYBE a little less, but my last five rounds or so I think I've made one per 18.

Funny thing is, the past 3 rounds, I've played the same course. And I've birdied the same hole, for my only birdie of the round, each time...

And it was the first hole! LOL.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Depending on the course and how hard it is, I usually average at least 1 birdie per round.

My most birdies I've ever had in a single round was 3.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Golf can be so random...I once carded three birdies in a row...on the way to a 94 or so.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I would say 1 every 3rd round right now. Most of the times it is par 3s but the occasional par 4. At my best it was 1/rd but I could never get rid of the doubles. they still kill me.

3.8 birdies per round

Dude....I hate you!!!! Just kidding....that is AWESOME!!!

In My Datrek Bag:

Driver: R9-460 9.5°
Woods: Burner 15°
Hybrids: Burner 3,4,5Irons: G10 Gap - 5 ironWedges: cg15: chrome, 56° 60°Putter: Studio Newport 2GPS Unit: Push Cart: 2.0

I get one every 3 - 4 rounds?

I was 1 foot away from my first hole in one on a par 3 last week.....DOH!!!
In My Datrek Bag:

Driver: R9-460 9.5°
Woods: Burner 15°
Hybrids: Burner 3,4,5Irons: G10 Gap - 5 ironWedges: cg15: chrome, 56° 60°Putter: Studio Newport 2GPS Unit: Push Cart: 2.0

about once every four rounds

I made one today, so it'll be a while.

I have never had two birdies in one round, an eagle or a double eagle.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

Not yet, but I've made more posts on this forum (7?) than I have played 18-hole rounds of golf. I practiced cross-handed yesterday; it's just a matter of time...
Still learning the game with:
HiBore XLS 10.5°
HiBore XLS 3W
Burner Rescue 4H 22°
CG7 4 - PWCG14 Black Pearl 52°, 56°, 60°White Hot 330 mallet

In Match Play my birdies are more the result of a chip in rather than actual birdie try. But fortunately I play mostly non match play golf and nearly always with a $5 skins game for about 20 of us who play regularily. Playing skins I commonly have 2-3 birdies a round... with maybe one holding up for a skin.
Ex: Last week 30 players = probably over 20 total birdies BUT only 2 skins, each worth $75. Of which I was a proud winner of one.
I am not a long hitter so most of birdies must come on the par 3's and 4's.
Rarely do I birdie a Par 5. My weapon is my putting! I am an aggressive putter which I am sure leads to more birdies... and more 3 putt bogeys, thus the reason my handicap (currently 11) seems high for the number of birdies I get. I am not a sandbagger, just at times too aggressive in putting... try explaining that to the guys whose skin money you just won!

Driver :T Edge CB-1 or Cally Mini Driver 14* or GBB 11*
Tour Edge CB2 15* 3 wood (Best Club Ever!)

Callaway XR 5Wood (New BCE!)

Hybrids: Nike SQ 23*  Tour Edge 28*

Irons: TMade RAC  7-PW   T Flight 56 SWedge
Putter: Odyssey 2 Ball Blade, SStroke flatside to hole

i usually get 1 a round... the most ever was 4...
today i got one on a par5 that i never even parred before... i got on in 2 and missed my eagle putt by 1 mexican uprising(revolution)
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Note: This thread is 5374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!