IGNORED

How often do you birdie a hole?

wrx_junki
Note: This thread is 5368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How often do you birde a hole?

• Every round.
    • Every 2-3 rounds.
    • Every 4-6 rounds.
    • Every 7-10 rounds.
    • Once in a blue moon.
    • Haven't gotten my first birdie.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i make more eagles than i do birdies, lol. I can go a month with no birdies, then the next two weeks or so, i can birdie 6 or 7 holes. My blow up holes really screw me over.

Every 2-3 rounds for me.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

can't remember the last time i didn't have a birdie. i'm pretty long off the tee, so i get at least one or two a round on the par 5's. but then again, i can't remember the last round i didn't have at least one double bogey. :(

Just about every 90-100 holes. It's dropping at a good pace as my putting inside 10' improves. It's to the point where all I need is 2-3 good approaches to get a birdie.

That, and not getting too excited. I missed a 5' birdie putt that came off of a 3-wood approach... because I was about to birdie off a 3-wood.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Last year I was too lazy to keep up my statistics but previous years I had average of 1.2 birdies per round. Last year I made a new personal record by making 5 birdies on one round (all of then on back nine!), this season the best is 3 so far.

Then again, my best round this season was with no birdies, just pars and bogeys (+7).

I would average 3 every two rounds. The occasional round with 3 birdies gets cancelled out by the occasional one with none. It would be an odd round to have none.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

The most birdies I've had in a round and 9-holes is 2. First one off of a 5 footer on a par 3 and the next one was an unexpected 20 footer that broke about 10 feet and was going down the slope.

Still haven't made the eagle putt yet. Wish I just holed one out from the fairway to be done with that business!

« Keith »

I picked every round but like others have said it varies. My average is probably between one and two a round, some with more and some with none.

I'm pretty disappointed if I play a whole round with no birdies.
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

The most birdies I've had in a round and 9-holes is 2. First one off of a 5 footer on a par 3 and the next one was an unexpected 20 footer that broke about 10 feet and was going down the slope.

how many years have you played?

My Intelligolf stats say 2% so that would be every 2-3 rounds .

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

3.8 birdies per round
7.1 fairways (52%...need to improve)
10.4 GIR (55%)
50% sand saves
67% up and down
71.8 ave score

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

I've only had 2 birdies this year. One was a bump and run into the hole from 40 feet, the other was a 35 foot putt that would have run off the green if the hole hadn't gotten in the way.

For me, a par feels like a birdie ;)

In my bag

Driver: J33r 10.5º - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue
Fairway: 600T 5w, 7w
Irons: Golfsmith Tour Cavity 4-PW/AW/SW/LWPutter: Victoria IIBall: B330-RXGlove: WetherSofShoes: DryJoys

I got a birdie about 2 weeks ago on a great shot on a par 3, just missed one earlier this week by inches on another par 3 but I realistically get maybe one a month.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

I probably only average 1 or 2 per 18 holes, but my short game is good enough to keep me out of alot of bogies.
Spec's Bag
Driver: 8.5* R7 425
3 Wood: 15.0* 980F
Irons (3-P): S59 Black Dot +1/2
Weges (52, 56, 60): SM56-10Putter: Studio Style NewportBall: ProV1

Just about every round. Problem is I can't seem to get more than 1.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I prob average one or maybe a little better per round. The rounds without any are offset by those with 2 or 3.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!