IGNORED

How long to break 100/90/80...?

Note: This thread is 2711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

broke 100 in 2 months after I took up the game (had alot of guidance and tutoring from a friend who averages 73-75 and ten years of hockey helped a little) shot a 91 at the end of that summer, did

I started playing when I was 10. I probably broke 100 within my first year of playing cuz I was hooked. I broke 90 by age 13, broke 80 by age 15. Played on my high school golf team. But actuall

Quote: Wanna break 100? Learn to putt. Wanna break 90? Learn to chip. Wanna break 80? Learn course management. Wanna break 70? Play tournaments.

broke 100 within about 6 months at age 14...
then broke 90 as soon as I started playing JV (year after I started playing)...
broke 80 the first time 4 years ago...
now I break 80 all the time and shot first even par round this year.

I actually shot a 74 at my home course when I was 11. I had about a 15 handicap then, so it was practically impossible lol. Now I shoot around there on average about once every 10 rounds. I actually broke 90 in the first or second year of golfing. I broke 80 when I was 11. I still haven't broken 70 :(

Broke 100 about 1 year after playing.

90 about 3 years.

80 5 years.

I am not if this is right. All I know is I shot my career low last year of 75 and have been playing now for 8 years.

broke 100 in 1st mnth of golfing...when i was 12
won the jr. club chamionship the same year with an 83 - again this was my 1st year ever golfing

so i guess I broke 100 and 90 in the same year, in about 4 months time

breaking 80...was the very next year
I have also been lucky enough to break 70, in my senior year of H/S
as my sig states, i shot a 69 in tournament play - havent done it since....and followed it up w a 76 the next day!! haha!

I'm going to give the amount of time it took me to break those numbers playing consistently and trying to get decent at golf.

break 100, about 4 months
Break 90, about 12 months
Break 80... 4 years and counting... grrrrrrrrrrr

I started golfing seriously for the first time this year, starting in April. I shot a 99 the end of April on a 6000yd wide open course. I've shot an even 90 (double bogey last hole) but not yet broken it this year, every round has its challenges. I really wish I'd have started playing when I was young, taking this on at 33 can be frustrating.

It took me about 6 months to break 100

about 2 years to break 90

My best score ever is an 81. I quit golf for about 5 years and am trying to return to the game and haven't broke 90 since I started back up :(

I got a job as a cart boy at a golf course when I was 21, before then I had only picked up a club at the driving range…..and it was their used clubs. It took me just under 3 years to hit an 81. I can’t remember breaking 100/90 though. I guess what helped….or hurt, was that I had played baseball for over 15 years and was very athletic and could stretch really far. It’s been 2 years since I hit that 81 and I haven’t broken that record yet…..but I do play consistent mid-high 80’s now and hope to break the 80 mark soon!

Broke 100 in 3 weeks
Broke 90 not that long after that.
Havent broke 80 yet after about 1 and a half years playing.
I will hopefully be able to break the big 80 by the end of this year. (I have been so close )

I've been playing for real for about 2 years (I bought my clubs about 6 years ago, $200 for PW-Driver, but only played the par 3 exec course and then dropped it for a long time).

I broke 100 almost instantly.
Broke 90 within 2-3 months.
Now my best is 81, which I did in back to back rounds this month, once with 4 straight 3-putt bogeys...
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

100 second time playing but it was at a shit resort course so if that doesn't count 15 time playing a broke 100 on a 65.4 117 track
90 in about 2 weeks after so 30 time playing
80 this year so about 85 time 70.2 130 6200 yards track
and i am yet to break 70 lowest a 74 at the course above

I feel kind of bad posting this. I started on a par three course. The course had a long par 3 of 210 yards and I had a five wood that I would choke up on. I played 6-10 hours a day for 7 months. Then I got invited to a little course in little rock called Hindman. I didn't have a driver so i used that 5 wood off the tee and shot 76. your proabably thinking to yourself, oh impossible! But I did it. On the way back to Hot Springs a drive of about an hour, all my friends would talk about was my score. The kept saying "you broke 80, you broke 80!" I was like, "Huh? is that good?" I soon learned after I joined Belvedere CC what all the hype was about.

Took me 2 years to break 70.

Note: This thread is 2711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!