IGNORED

Anyone enjoying the drink tonight?

Danny Noonan
Note: This thread is 1655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Moribund thread is moribund.

Been drinking this all day and I'd just like it minuted that right now I'll fight all you choppers, one at a time or all together. C'mon!

JDSavingnac.jpg

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm drinking an uncarbonated stout, the leftover from the batch I just bottled. It's going to be good when it finishes carbonating!

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

• 4 weeks later...

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Last night, Bud Light Lime and Woodforde Reserve OTR.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I'll have a few glasses of my favourite. Cold Tanqueray gin with tonic, ice and a wedge of lime. Perfection!

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted by darkhunter139

Can anyone recommend a good Bourbon?  I have been really into scotch lately and want to try some Bourbon.  Looking for something I can get in the $50-75 range.

Eagle Rare is pretty good. Their standard bourbon, the 10-year, is only about $25 and is quite a bit better than its competition. They also have a 17-year that should run around $45. Both are solid.

In the bag:

Can anyone recommend a good Bourbon?  I have been really into scotch lately and want to try some Bourbon.  Looking for something I can get in the $50-75 range.

Don't get too caught up on price right away; there is an abundance of great small-batch bourbons in the $25-50 range. I would recommend anything released by the Buffalo Trace and Four Roses distilleries.

• Upvote 1

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

My beer during the final round: Innis & Gunn Oak Aged Beer - Independence Day 2012 Special Edition. Like golf, a most satisfying Scottish-American endeavor.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• 1 month later...

Today is International IPA Day. Go drink a hoppy beer or I'll set your lawn on fire!

I am drinking King's Blockhouse IPA, an excellent product from a new craft brewery that just opened up here in Cape Town. South Africa has been a lager-only country for a depressingly long time -- but the tide is beginning to turn.

Stretch.

Angel's Envy and Four Roses.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Not tonight... had a few too many last night. Saturday is my best friend's birthday, so... I'll be getting carried to my room.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Wild turkey!!! WOOOOO

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted by Stretch

Today is International IPA Day. Go drink a hoppy beer or I'll set your lawn on fire!

I am drinking King's Blockhouse IPA, an excellent product from a new craft brewery that just opened up here in Cape Town. South Africa has been a lager-only country for a depressingly long time -- but the tide is beginning to turn.

Had no idea it was IPA day. Just as well, I'm not a big IPA fan.. though I periodically challenge myself just in case my tastes have changed. This week was, coincidentally, one of those weeks and I got a mixed case from New Belgium (Colorado) Brewery that had two styles of IPA (Ranger and Belgo, a Belgian IPA), as well as a well-hopped red ale and their flagship Fat Tire.

The IPAs were, as I remembered, just too overpoweringly hoppy for me to really get down with. Though I had a Ranger today, which is the more firmly hopped of the two, along with some shepherd's pie, and it was nice. I have a bit of a cold, though, so I suspect that my taste is a bit dulled, making the extreme hoppiness less objectionable.

Glad to hear you're getting some ale action down in S.A. Lagers are nice, but sometimes you want something with a little more funk.

In the bag:

• 2 months later...

Lagavulin and regret tonight. Taking the edge off each other.

Stretch.

After that GD plane on a conveyor belt, yes I do believe I will be having a drink or six....

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 1655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!