IGNORED

The Stack and Tilt Golf Swing

iacas

• Administrator

Do you have the book? I think it's around $15 right now on amazon even cheaper if you get the E-Version. Im not S&T; guru or anything just look at my handicap, but you're supposed to place the weight on your left side 55/45 as a baseline. The tilt towards the target happens on the backswing.

I've read the book three times and I still use it as a reference when things start to break down.

There is no tilt toward the target on the backswing in a properly executed S&T; swing.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think the tilt keeps you stacked.

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

Getting better with the irons the driver is so so. My fw woods though are awfull, topping them or hitting a fade. I'm on page 50 of third thread and stock piling a lot of YouTube videos. Going to read the book again and hopefully get my game on track.

I've been somewhat baffled by stack and tilt swing mechanics

Is it really possible to not lose distance? What is the reason behind stack and tilt supposed effectiveness?

the idea of no weightshift - sounds like a bad thing off the tee, when you wanna blast the ball with distance.

Would you throw a ball with stack and tilt method? Or would you throw it with the normal weightshift and traditional baseball style?

I don't think Bubba uses stack and tilt either...

I'm not gonna convert to stack and tilt, but I'm genuinely curious.

I've been somewhat baffled by stack and tilt swing mechanics

Is it really possible to not lose distance? What is the reason behind stack and tilt supposed effectiveness?

the idea of no weightshift - sounds like a bad thing off the tee, when you wanna blast the ball with distance.

Would you throw a ball with stack and tilt method? Or would you throw it with the normal weightshift and traditional baseball style?

I don't think Bubba uses stack and tilt either...

I'm not gonna convert to stack and tilt, but I'm genuinely curious.

Learning SnT without the help of a qualified SnT instructor is highly unlikely to produce good results. It's far too easy to misunderstand SnT, partially due to the fact that they themselves mis-state some stuff (weight shift being a prime example). I'd take a look at this thread to get a better grasp of what is ACTUALLY happening:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Sounds like you may be moving your head forward before contact. We all know you're supposed to slide the hips forward, but don't overdue that, because if you do, the head will go foward too.

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

12 shanks later and a 99.. really  lost now ...  lol This guy no likey SnT [URL=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMQRP8zrR4U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMQRP8zrR4U[/URL]

Ofcourse not, he's peddling the Rotary Swing.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I had heard various things about S&T; over the past few years but didn't really know anything about it until recently.  I decided to read some things online about the fundamentals and watched a few videos to learn more, and it was enough to pique my curiosity.  I was at the range today and decided to try incorporating some of the basics into my swing, and wow, just by having the swing thoughts of keeping my weight forward and not resisting straightening my right leg in the backswing, I was able to get instant results. I had been struggling with controlling the trajectory of my short irons and wedges lately, and while trying this, I was able to get a much more penetrating trajectory and it took a lot less effort to get consistent solid contact, no distance loss either.  Tried some shots with my longer clubs too and had absolutely no trouble hitting driver.

What I really like about this whole S&T; thing is how simple it is to just take one or two aspects of it and just add them to your current swing, as well as taking as much or as little out of it as you want.  When I was trying it on the range, there was no learning curve at all, and in a way it kind of felt more natural than what I was doing before.  Can't wait to play around with it some more because ballstriking has never been my strength and this definitely seems like something that is going to help

1.5 Index and ball striking not your strength? WOW give me some of that lol...

Yesterday I decided to really get to it with SnT and it helped.. Shoulder down and deep hands seems to be my problem and  i hit it better so the journey continues... :beer: FW and Driver still a struggle though

Please correct me if I'm wrong (I couldn't read the whole thread!), but doesn't Sean Foley teach stack and tilt?  I saw a video of him saying to put your weight on your left side on the backswing, then put even more weight on the left on the downswing.

Seems like this would work great for irons, but I could see how a reverse pivot could easily creep in.