IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note:Β This thread is 5041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This forum is a bit high brow.

Tigers been caught with his pants down, lets face facts, of course its none of anyones business except just about everybody's .

This is great for the sport, it adds a new dimension to it all, plus next time we're all in the 19th hole trying to pull the barmaid, we just take inspiration in thats what Tiger probably does, we follow just about everything else he does, lets not break with tradition .

Whatever happened to being honest?

Seriously - watch the youtube video. Even if you can be completely, 100% honest when talking to the police (you can't) - it can result in an incorrect conviction. You were just in an accident - there is absolutely no way you can recall the facts w/ 100% clarity - you just can't. If you "be honest" and give your version, there is a high likelihood of the police finding evidence to the contrary. Not because you're lying to them, but because you made a mistake (or because their other witness or evidence is mistaken). Now the judge/jury will see you as a liar and you might be convicted or punished just from that - even if your account of the events are the actual truth.

Your lawyer can present any statement you want to make to the police and it can't be used against you. It costs you and the system nothing to wait a few days before that happens (if it happens at all).

Big clubs: :titleist:Β 915D3 @ 9.5Β°, :callaway:Β X-Hot Pro 3W
Med clubs: :callaway: X-Hot Pro 5W, :titleist: 910H 4H,
Small clubs: :callaway: X-Hot Pro 5-AW, :titleist: Vokey 55.10, 60.10

Whatever happened to being honest?

Please drive down to the Louisville police department and turn yourself in for driving over the speed limit. Tell them exactly where you were and how fast you were going. Practice that honesty every day. Do the same for rolled red lights on right turns, lane changes without signaling, etc. Make a big list, swear out an affidavit on yourself, and turn it in to the police.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Disagree, and again, enough speculating. You don't know what happened or didn't happen so to suggest what may or may not be "best" for him is speculating.

My dad isn't a lawyer and I never said he was (state trooper). When I said he PROBABLY would be better off talking, it was based off of what I said in an earlier post. That I have been around the law, seen and experienced things w/ the law. I simply said it would PROBABLY be in his best interest to tell his version of what happened.

Yeah, technically you can call that speculation, but where have I ever said what Tiger SHOULD DEFINITELY DO? Your right, I don't know what happened. However, obviously his lawyer agrees w/ that because Tiger WILL talk. (Multiple reports on that) Lastly, I think you underestimate a judge's power. Yes, a judge can subpeona someone to tell the truth in a court room if it's necessary. Does it happen often? No, but it can. Remember the Barry Bonds steroids scandal? I believe a couple of reporters ended up sitting in jail for a good chunk of time for refusing to give their sources for that story/scandal involing illegal steroids. Obviously I'm not correlating that story to Tiger's minor traffic accident, but I'm simply making a point of what a judge can do.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/Β Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/Β Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

The point is her man appears to be stepping out on her. She can either step up her game, or continue wearing sweats and playing the "dowdy mother" card.

Dunno what you're implying, PP, because the story makes perfect sense to me. Sounds like a very typical case of a concerned wife doing everything possible to save her husband's life, so he's in perfect condition when she beats him to death with a golf club.

Yes, a judge can subpeona someone to tell the truth in a court room if it's necessary. Does it happen often? No, but it can.

There is a difference compelling a person to testify about someone else vs. forcing someone to testify to incriminate themselves. It's an important difference, you should check it out the Bill of Rights where it talks about self-incrimination, and another thing called the "spousal testimonial privilege."

As for your notion that Tiger would have been better off talking to the police, all evidence is to the contrary.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

• Administrator
Lastly, I think you underestimate a judge's power. Yes, a judge can subpeona someone to tell the truth in a court room if it's necessary. Does it happen often? No, but it can.

It never happens, and no, it can't be done. Period, end of story - you're wrong.

The only two people involved: a) have the fifth amendment to protect themselves from self-incrimination b) are married, and thus, are protected from speaking against their spouse.
Remember the Barry Bonds steroids scandal? I believe a couple of reporters ended up sitting in jail for a good chunk of time for refusing to give their sources for that story/scandal involing illegal steroids.

That's not self incrimination. Duh.

Obviously I'm not correlating that story to Tiger's minor traffic accident, but I'm simply making a point of what a judge can do.

Judges can now violate the Constitution and the Bill of Rights? Nah, haven't seen that one happen yet.

Edit:
There is a difference compelling a person to testify about someone else vs. forcing someone to testify to incriminate themselves. It's an important difference, you should check it out the Bill of Rights where it talks about self-incrimination, and another thing called the "spousal testimonial privilege."

D'oh, you beat me to it.

As for your notion that Tiger would have been better off talking to the police, all evidence is to the contrary.

Yep. Your dad the state trooper probably loves it when people talk. It makes his job a lot easier.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They need to say something soon. He is a public figure, and in the world of PR if you don't fill the void it will be filled for you, and probably stick, even if it's not remotely close to the truth.

To me this is not a police matter at all really, it's a PR issue for Tiger the public figure.

Bottom line is Tiger is under no obligation to say anything to the police. IMO they have delayed with police until today at the request of either their lawyer or agent so as to responsibly represent themselves from a PR perspective, along with satisfying the authorities. But I agree with the poster above, this is a PR issue for the most part. If this were John and Sally down the street, they wouldn't even need to see one officer due to their rights.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Saw this on golfwrx. pretty funny..

Hot off the presses – the 911 transcripts –

LYNN STEPOLIST: Can you send someone to (removed) Tiger Woods is being attacked and has crashed his truck
DISPATCHER: slow down miss, what has happened
LYNN STEPOLIST: I think Tiger Woods is being attacked

(The dispatcher puts out call for any patrol car to respond to the address at removed. A short time later, Lynn Stepolist put back on the phone.)

DISPATCHER: Mam we are dispatching police, is the attacker still there?
LYNN STEPOLIST: Yes and he's crazy. Yelling something.
DISPATCHER: Does he have a weapon?
LYNN STEPOLIST: Yes some kind of metal bar
DISPATCHER: Are the police there yet?
LYNN STEPOLIST: No. He’s smashing the car widows now, my god I think he got Tiger now.
DISPATCHER: Mamm stay in your home, the police will be there soon
LYNN STEPOLIST: That (is) Tiger's wife the blonde one
DISPATCHER: Is she being attacked too?

LYNN STEPOLIST: No, she is the one attacking him

LYNN STEPOLIST: She is yelling something about no Majors in 2009 – Yang, Yang Yang

(muffled yells in the background)

DISPATCHER: Yang?

DISPATCHER SUPERVISOR: My god Lynn get out there and help.

LYNN STEPOLIST: What?

DISPATCHER SPERVISOR: He’s only four majors away....

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I like Tiger, I think he has a good sense of humor.

I hope everything is ok on the homefront for him, divorce with kids (especially young kids) is really tough.

A 2:30 am episiode usually involves some problems. Again, hope it works out for him and his family, and it is none of our business. He didn't hurt anyone else so to me it's no harm, no foul.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

its actually looking like domestic abuse because even though he had scratches on his lips there was no blood on the steering wheel. what probally happened was he tried to hightail it out of there but not before his wife smashed in the back window.
DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

He now hasn't talked to police for the third straight day, with no mention of a rescheduling. Indeed a private matter. So be it. End of story to me.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Statement from Tiger's website:

As you all know, I had a single-car accident earlier this week, and sustained some injuries. I have some cuts, bruising and right now I'm pretty sore. This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me. I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again. This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way. Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible. The only person responsible for the accident is me. My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false. This incident has been stressful and very difficult for Elin, our family and me. I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received. But, I would also ask for some understanding that my family and I deserve some privacy no matter how intrusive some people can be.

Kinda what you'd expect, I guess.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

911 tapes were from the neighbor, and were inaudible in large sections due to a bad connection.

So no OnStar, and no Elin calling in, and no Tiger calling in.

It could be something as simple as Tiger was texting Elin to ask what kind of formula the kid needed and smacked into the hydrant and tree. Or he swerved to avoid a crocodile.

And that's why speculating is a waste of time. I could make up stuff that's just as believable as any of the stupid stuff anyone else has written. And I'm just as likely to be wrong.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note:Β This thread is 5041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!