IGNORED

Your 2010 Golf Goals Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Make the Golf team at whatever college I go to- My loftiest goal and one that wll take a lot of hard work. My top 3 schools are Lehigh University, Lafayette College, and University of Delaware. All 3 have golf teams that are in D1, but in lesser conferences. Will accept club team as alternate.
Win a tournament- I intend to enter into FCWT, AJGA, and New England PGA events. Last year i only played 5 NEPGA tournys but came in 2nd by 1 stroke in the last 2, and was doing really good in another untill it got cancelled due to rain.
Lower handicap, record all rounds in SCORECARD- Just got scorecard in Novermber, so i'm looking forward to inputing all of my scores.
Lose some weight- Lost almost 30 pounds in 2 months 2 years ago, need to do that again.
Get a membership at a golf course- This goal is mainly contingent on getting a job, but it will make goal #1 much easier.
Get fitted for a driver- Love my Superquad but the shaft is ill-fitted for me, as i never got fitted for it, or any other club for that matter.
Gain some putting confidence- I have a good stroke, i just seem to lip out more than anyone in the world.
Hit more greens GIR, GIR, GIR
Have fun! Otherwise, why play?

Wow i have a lot of goals.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goals for 2k10
  • Get Handicap to single digits
  • Improve chipping. Aim for 3-4 foot par saving putts instead of the 5-8 foot I have now.
  • Win my flight in Reese Memorial Tournament
  • Play in at least 3 team tournaments over the summer and maybe an individual
  • Find an instructor and take semi-regular lessons (once a month or so)
  • Keep the hunger...it's what drives me to get better and keeps me loving this game.
Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

- Work Out More I want to get bigger and hit the ball a lot farther. The courses are getting longer, and a 230ish yard driver just doesn't cut it on some holes.
- Play 7 or 8 Junior Tournaments I'm only a sophomore in high school. I've still got plenty of time before college. I want to win 2 or 3 to get a few looks.
- Dedicate Myself More I'm playing baseball, but I'm still putting golf ahead. I want to practice a lot more than I did in '09.
- Get Handicap to Less Than 5 The lower, the better.

Drop handicap to 5.0
Better ball-striking
Work harder on short game

In my bag:
Titleist 910 D3 9.5 Degree
TaylorMade R11 3 Wood 15.5 Degree
Adams A12 19 Degree
Cleveland CG16 Tour Irons 4-PW

Taylormade rac Gap 52 Degree, Cleveland CG15 56 Degree, Cleveland CG14 60 Deg

Odyssey 2-Ball

I'll be looking to recap this one one day and see how I did!

1) Join my first golf club
2) Get my first official handicap, try to aim for UK Cat 2 'if pos'
3) Get my first Eagle

4) Continue to 'work on my swing'
5) Heavily practise my short game

6) FIR > 66% (270+ avg distance)
7) GIR > 33%
8) PPGIR
That'll do for starters!!

Cobra - Speed Pro 8.5º X-Flex, Speed Pro 13º S-Flex | Mizuno - MP CLK 20º Hybrid, MP-67 DG S300 4-PW | Cleveland - CG10 52º,56º, 60º | Rife - Antigua Island 34"

1) Continue to groove transition from a draw to a fade
2) Change practice regime to ~70% short game/putting & 30% long game
3) Get fitter! No weights, just flexibility and aerobic/cardio stuff

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

My Goals.

Get another eagle:
Break 80
Get handicap below 15
Play a wider variety of courses
Work on my course management

Hopefully I should be able to reach these goals and if I don't get them all I should get most of them.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

1. Index of 9 or less
2. Weekly putting practice
3. Weekly short game 50 yards and in
4. Keep the ball in play
5. Crush my weekly foursome

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

I want to be more consistant. I have been very wild at times hitting horrid shots and blowing up some rounds, other times playing well then the wheels fall off. I really want to learn how not to hit a pull hook. It is a killer and I have made more doubles with a PW this year. I am missing a green from 125 30 yards right at times. I want this shot to be gone as well as my right of right drives.

I don't really care if my index falls but I would rather shot consistantly around 80 or better all the time.

I have irons I feel good about, I like my bag but might make a change to a stiffer driver which should help not hook the ball as much.

I plan on focusing in the spring on practice for the until May and also take a lesson or two. I don't have a ton of time but plan on playing every Saturday morning and practicing every Thursday night.

I want to play well this year. Better than I ever have.

Brian

1. Consistancy off the tee
2. Putting
3. get below a 12 handicap.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

1. Take lessons twice a month
2. Have a handicap below 10
3. Shoot par
4. Join my local cc
5. and of course a hole in one

4DX Evolver 10.5 Stiff UST V2
Big Bertha Steelhead Plus 3wood
mp-32 3-pw tt x100's
xtour 56/52deg
feel golf 60 deg lob wedge dual force rossie blade I golf balls

1. Handicap of <2
2. Break 72 and may be some rounds in the 60s.
3. Improve Putting to <30 per 18
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

• Get back into shape. I gained about 20 pounds in 2009, mainly because I didn't allow myself the time to work out and cook my own meals. I weigh about 210 right now; I want to get back to the 190 range by spring, and see how much farther I can go from there. My objectives are to go to the gym three times a week, start running again, and eat take-out food far less often. The goal is to be leaner, stronger, and more agile.
  • Be more effective with the driver. I've made some changes to the way I set up for tee shots that have paid huge dividends. I'm staying behind the ball more on address, and keeping my shoulders in line with my stance as opposed to opening them up towards the target. Thanks to those changes, I'm not hitting pop-ups or snap hooks anymore, and while I'm still pushing the ball left at times, those instances are less frequent and less severe than in months past. My ball flight is still a bit high, and I still put too much backspin on the ball off the tee. Ultimately, I should look into being fitted for a new driver, but I need to keep making little changes to eke out a few extra yards with what I have until then.
  • Stay crisp with the irons. My contact is inconsistent; I'm doing a better job at hitting down on the ball without laying the sod over it, but my misses left and right don't show any discernible pattern. I've gotten into the habit of hinging my wrists at the top of the swing to generate more lag, but that opens up the clubface, and a fan to the left is the result if I don't make a smooth move through the ball with my body. Of course, if I don't hinge my wrists, but still make that move, I pull it well wrist. Part one to the solution is to commit to hinge/no hinge full-time; part two is to build core strength to stay steadier throughout the swing and ensure pure contact on every swing.
  • Expand the short game arsenal. When I practice chips and pitches these days, I play three shots from every position: a bump-and-run with my 8-iron, a conventional pitch with my gap wedge, and a lob with my 60-degree wedge. Basically, I want to know what to expect from every distance and lie around the green with those three clubs, and understand the options I have when I have to get up and down.
  • Commit to putts. I waste too many strokes each round because I don't dedicate myself to every putt. Pace every putt out; line every putt up; make sure every putt gets to the hole. Three-putts will cease to be a regular part of my game in 2010.
  • Shoot every round in double digits. I don't want to score over 100 ever again; it's a matter of eliminating a few bad shots from every round.
  • Break 90. My current low round is 91.
  • Break 40 for nine holes. My current low nine-hole score is 42.
  • Reduce handicap by a third. I feel like I could be a 10 handicap right now if I was a consistent player. Realistically, I'd settle for improving my consistency enough to get my index below 15.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

1. Drop my HC to 12
  2. Consistency in my shots: 4i to 6i
  3. Fairways hit: 50%
  4. GIR: 70%
  5. Five rounds in the 70's

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

I've neglected Golf for a few months now, due to Work commitments and not having access to a Car to get to the Course (My Course is out in the middle of nowhere).

I think my last round was in October, but was playing fairly well at the time. I went to visit a good friend of mine in Dubai and scored +10 on the Emirates which was delighted with.
Played a Par 3, 9hole course and shot +2, but missed so many silly putts from 4-5 feet for Birdies, but hey, can't complain..

Again, another year of improvement. 2010 will be my third year of playing Golf, and in 2009 I hoped to drive better, shave shots of the h/cap, chip/pitch better, and continue to improve around the greens and mentally also, not burden on the thoughts of bad shots.
Overall, I've done well, my handicap is down too from around 21 to now 17. My driving woes which I had early 09 fingers crossed x x have improved and I seem to be driving a lot better, or I was last time I was playing.

2010 Goals....

* To play as much as I can, I was hoping to get out this Weekend, but Snow stopped that, but I want to play as much as I can. I cannot wait to see the light nights again, and get out in the evening of April -September, even if it's just 6/9 Holes, just to get out on the course and playing.

* Continue not to mull over bad shots, focus on the next one, there's nothing you can do about the last one, and take time over shots. I found myself when playing poorly, would not take care/time over the next shot, which resulted in a ''couldn't care'' attitude and scoring a lot higher than I should've. If you focus, take time and again, concentrate on the next shot.

* I'm pretty happy overall with my game, but if I really need to work on my Bunker shots, I'm so hit and miss in the bunkers, sometimes I can play a genius shot, but then sometimes, I'll mess up. I need to conquer this, I'm quite consistent at finding the fairway, but I need to learn how to hit better from the sand because it does happen a few times, and it can break my round if going well and on track to make a record score.

* If I can shed more scores on my handicap, I'd be happy. I've not counted my h/cap proper for a few months or so, but I was scoring average 3 shots better than my actual handicap so if I can continue to score well on my home course, that'd be fine, but my main goal is to play consistently decent golf and get round my course well.

* Get an official handicap and go out with one of the refs from the Club. I use my own handicap scorer on the computer, so no one has confirmed it at the club, but I don't cheat so it is realistic but until someone confirms it, it's just an 'rough estimate'

Happy 2010 golfing folk

2010 goals-

-drop my handicap under 1
-getting my putting average under 30(this is what is holding me back)
-practice with more discipline
-shoot a 68(4 under)

In the bag-

Driver- Ping Anser 9.5  Diamana Ahina
3 Wood-RBZ tour 15
Hybrid-RBZ tour 4 Irons-  Ping I20s 4-GW with soft stepped X100sWedges 58 and 54 SM4s with soft stepped X100s Putter- Ping TR Senita

Note: This thread is 4890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!