IGNORED

World Golf Tour Online Game

rogerw
Note: This thread is 1040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet or not, but I didn't see it when I searched the forum. I found this the other day and its a pretty good online game.

http://www.wgt.com/home.aspx

It's a flash game, but its much better than nearly any flash game I've seen before. Its in Beta now, so I'm wondering if it will become a pay service once it leaves beta.

Im bad at this game. Has anyone made one in yet? I just got 0.3 away from the cup on 9 on Pinehurst.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Its a great game.. I play it a lot when I wanted to play and it rained and just in the winter in general...

Hybrid: Snake Eyes 5 and Texan 2Irons: Cally X-12s (yes the original x-series) 5-PWWedge: Jack Nickalaus 56, TM Rac 60, Carbite 64Pu...

I've played the stroke play at Bethpage Black a couple times and ended up +6 both times, from the red tees. The putting is pretty hard to judge out passed 10'. I think my best put has been 15' or so to this point, although I did have a chip in from 30'.

I found the tutorials pretty invaluable if anyone is having problems figuring out the controls.

I haven't played any golf simulators in probably 10 years but this one seems pretty good, especially for an online one.

I've played the stroke play at Bethpage Black a couple times and ended up +6 both times, from the red tees. The putting is pretty hard to judge out passed 10'. I think my best put has been 15' or so to this point, although I did have a chip in from 30'.

my best putt was 8 foot and ya the short-mid putts suck you have a bar from 0-30 foot and guess how hard to hit it it sucks i hit like 93% of grens but still end up at +11 at the end of the round

• 1 year later...

The game has sure come a long way since the last post.  There are now seven 18 hole courses available for stroke play (although 1 course you have to pay greens fees and is a ripoff).

Give it a try if you're looking for a realistic golf game.

• 1 month later...

A very challenging game. One of better ones all around ive seen. Been playing this over 4 years. If you love golf and gaming this maybe be bliss...sometimes. Beware!!!!! Very additive. You been fore.warned. Very good social aspect too.

• 9 months later...

Anyone play this game?  I have an account that I haven't used in ~ 2yrs.  I logged on tonight to see what courses they have and was impressed with the line-up.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi All,

Does anyone play this game at all?

I've recently downloaded it and it's surprisingly difficult (in comparison to tiger woods on the xbox/playstation), and there's a few decent courses on it like St Andrews and Celtic Manor to name a couple.

I only ask as there's a bit where you can create a club and play against each other, so it would be interesting playing against other actual golfers.

Regards,

Rob

Rob - London, England

:nike: VRS Covert Tour 2.0 Driver

:nike: VRS Covert Tour 2.0 3 Hybrid

:nike: VRS Forged Irons

:titleist: Pro V1

• 2 months later...
I just started playing. I am not a fan of the constant need to buy credits on the games to get better equipment. I know this is the current trend but it is also the reason I quit playing video games. I just clicked over to amateur... I don't know how much longer I will keep playing it...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• 2 years later...

Anyone in here play world golf tour? The best free online golf game I've played. If anyone knows of a better one let me know. If you play WGT my screen name is the same, CMartis.

I played it but found the putting so annoyingly difficult that I've never finished 9 consecutive holes.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Note: This thread is 1040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!