IGNORED

Visors: Stylin' or No Good

Phil McGleno
Note: This thread is 5233 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Visors: Like or Dislike?

• Dislike

Let me guess, the same posters who are paranoid about visors are the ones who get scared of iron covers.

Not in this case... I despise iron covers, but love my visors. For me both are about functionality. I need eye protection other than sunglasses, and visors are much cooler on hot southern days. Iron covers are a waste of time and pain in the butt, and not using them doesn't effect the performance of my clubs.

YES to visors... NO to iron covers... function first!
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me guess, the same posters who are paranoid about visors are the ones who get scared of iron covers.

Yep. Although I leave the covers off the three-ish most frequently used clubs. A non-covered club hitting a covered club doesn't do any damage. And my most frequently used clubs tend to alternate in position the bag.

Try a cap with black (or other dark coloured) brim underside. Also, get checked out for OCD. I've considered it myself (every morning when I have to back down the alley to make sure the garage door is really closed).

The key thing is that I don't like being touched on the head at all. Even if a dark bill didn't distract me, that would. No need to get checked out, I definitely am OCD. Even my wife jokes about how abnormal I am.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I mostly wear a visor, if anything. My head shape just makes me look weird if I'm wearing a baseball cap. Plus my hair is really thick and rather unruly so wearing a baseball cap just means messy hair and a burning hot head by the end of the round. So for me, I look better in a visor and it's more practical.

Gotta go with a full-cover on top ... the lack of hair leads to sunburn on the noggin otherwise!!

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

I'm bald (balding actually, shaved), so it is only fitted baseball style hats for me, or nothing at all. I can't imagine the tanline I would get if I wore a visor.

I agree 100%

Tools of the trade: Red=Pics
2.0 Push Cart
V14 Club Count Cart Bag
Driver - Nike SQ Dymo 2 HL w/Cleveland Headcover
Fairway Wood - Hibore XLS 5 WoodHybrids - Hibore 3,4,5Irons - CG Gold 6-PWWedges - CG14 52 & 60 CG15 - 56 Degree Custom Squareback 1

I've swayed 180 degrees since 2004 or so. I always used to wear baseball style hats exclusively and I never entertained the thought of anything different. Since that time I almost always wear either a low profile Titleist visor, or the Titleist bucket hats for bright sunny days.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

The big, old-school tour visors are stylin' for sure.

Especially the PING (like Bubba), the black Titleist (like Faxon) or a Mizuno (think Sandy Lyle, not Luke Donald).

The new smaller visors are lame.

Also, anything made by Taylormade Adidas Golf is by definition the opposite of "Stylin". In fact, it's the anti-style.
Driver: Adams 9032LS 9.5* - 45" - Aldila RIP Alpha 60S
3 Wood: Adams FAST 10 15* - 43" - Aldila Wasabi 70S
2-Iron: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* - DGS300 
Irons: Mizuno MP-68 3-PW - DGS300
Wedges: Mizuno MPT-11 54* and 60*Putter: PING Redwood Anser Black Nickel 340g, 34"Ball: Titleist ProV1Bag: Mizuno...

While I shave my head and cannot pull off the visor-look, I think it looks good on others...just my 2 cents

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

uttexas - what could Tom Kite have worn and not looked likd a dork?

Holding the winner's check and the trophy?

Not a fan of visors myself, I prefer the baseall cap.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

I quite like visors. I'm gonna buy some new ones once we start golfing around here. I have scores of good ballcaps but only a couple of visors. i think I'll use my gift certificates from winning various stuff in men's league this year for apparel like shirts and visors.

Visors.

1.) I like the way they look.

2.) They are a lot cooler than hats.

In The Bag:
Driver: 
 RBZ 10.5*
3 Wood:  RBZ 15 *
Hybrids G15 17* & 20*
Irons​ G2 4-UW 
Wedges:  Vokey 54*
Putter:  MC-03w
Balls:  PD Soft

Note: This thread is 5233 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!