IGNORED

Tiger Back in 2 weeks???

Yukari
Note: This thread is 5194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm still thinking the Masters, I bet 3 rep points on it!

...play the masters with no tournament practice beforehand? doubtful...it IS Tiger...you really think he'd come in cold with no tourney warmup first?...

(you really want to be in the penalty box losin those points? lol)

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Augusta National keeps control of the crowds, it would be an easy return for him. Plus he'd probably win anyway

I expect the crowd's response to Tiger when he returns to the Master's will be muted. There certainly won't be any heckling, but Tiger is going to have to demonstrate to the crowd that he deserves their praise.

Also before Tiger returns to the Masters he'll have to clear it with chairman of the National. The Augusta National was instrumental in catapulting Tiger to the status he enjoys to this day. Obviously it's Tiger's talent, but the National embraced him and backed him significantly. Tiger won't do anything that would make the National uncomfortable or otherwise want to distance themselves from him. How all that will play out I don't know. I imagine that tiger will have all this squared with them prior to our ever knowing anything is going on. Let's face it the one thing Tiger continues to be really good at is maintaining his privacy. Every poparazzi in the world is gunning for him and to date haven't been able to get a thing. The National too is a very private orgainization and what goes on behind those gates is only for them to know. Tiger's return to the Masters Tournament will be a highly orchestrated event. At least that's what I'm guessing. BTW I put 5 rep points on the line for Tiger's return at the 2011 Masters...

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

I'm a diehard golf fan so i'm gonna watch golf no matter if Tiger is in there or not. But no one can honestly say golf is the same without him playing. Having Tiger playing is much more exciting for the game.

And with the guy who is saying he should of been kicked off the tour, thats crazy! Most of the best players in every sport has had problems outside of the game and people get over it and forget. I'm gonna say that in a couple years no one will care about this incident. I'm not saying its ok to cheat on your wife but what he does off the course doesnt effect if i'll watch him on the tour. Hopefully hes back soon.

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

I expect the crowd's response to Tiger when he returns to the Master's will be muted. There certainly won't be any heckling, but Tiger is going to have to demonstrate to the crowd that he deserves their praise.

He's already the worlds no.1, having been so for almost a decade. He's a few majors behind Nicklaus. What is he supposed to demonstrate? No matter what he does on the course can affect what has happened in his private life.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In the tiger returns prediction thread i picked the matchplay..what do i get for my nostrodomus display?
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I like watching the best, so I hope he comes back as soon as possible. I find it rather humerous of others who think he should be banned from the tour. People cheat everyday. I have never heard of someone getting fired for it unless it is in the office. We have no idea what it would be like to be a billionaire with a b. Get off the high horse. Give me a break. Tiger is still the best thing that happened to the tour. Wonder what the ratings will be like??

Brian

I like watching the best, so I hope he comes back as soon as possible. I find it rather humerous of others who think he should be banned from the tour. People cheat everyday. I have never heard of someone getting fired for it unless it is in the office. We have no idea what it would be like to be a billionaire with a b. Get off the high horse. Give me a break. Tiger is still the best thing that happened to the tour. Wonder what the ratings will be like??

QFT. There has been so much feigned outrage and phoney outrage with this Tiger thing its ridiculous. Everyone yapping about it is suddenly the pope in a country with a 60% divorce rate.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I like watching the best as well, however I do agree with what Watson commented, " Tiger needs to show humility".....if Tiger cares is different story.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/tiger_...lt08aeTl1MBJeP

Driver: Big Bertha 460, (9° Steel) | Wood: X Fairway 3W (15° Steel) | Hybrid: X 3H (21° Steel) |
Irons: 4-PW, MP-52 (TT DG S300) | Wedges: X-Forged Chrome 52°/13, 56°/15, 60°/10 (TT DG S300) |
Putter: Ping Karsten Anser

I like watching the best as well, however I do agree with what Watson commented, " Tiger needs to show humility".....if Tiger cares is different story.

Tiger has to awnser to his family & friends for his mistakes, he doesnt owe golf fans or anyone else an explanation. IMO.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

However, as the tours are attendance driven, this sort of misadventure certainly drives the attention factor to polar extremes, and I am unfortunately inclined to believe that this is exactly what advertisers secretly want. Although it is the degree to which his transgressions extended that caused the loss of personal sponsors, I am to date unaware of any tour sponsors that have dropped away because of it.

I wonder if tour sponsors - not those sponsoring Tiger, but those sponsoring the Tour - have contracts that allow them to drop sponsoring a tournament out of phony outrage.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i hope he comes back. i could care less what he did to his family and friends. its none of my buisness. if my best friend was cheating on his wife i would tell him i didnt think it was a good idea but i would still talk to him. its none of my buisness how he handles his family and life. BUT if he was going through what tiger is going through i wouldnt turn my back on him like so many people are doing. I would be supporting him. so really if anything everyone should be supporting tiger. if you really love the game of golf you would want someone like tiger to come back and play. hes brought so much to the game. and just because he did some things you dont agree on your going to turn your back on him. I have no respect for people that are doing that. and personally i think you should stay out of his personal life because its none of our buisness. just like if you have a persaonl issue going on with your family you wouldnt want anyone in your buisness. no matter how big or small. so i support tigers return and i hope he does come back.
What I Play:

Driver: Sumo 5000 9.5*
Fairway Woods : S2 15*/18*
Irons : MP 58 3-PW S3000 StiffWedges : Spin Milled 54*/58*Putter : Pro Platinum Newport 2Ball : Pro V1 ( Used )Bag : (Cart Bag) Twister 2010 (Stand Bag)

Personally I don't care when he comes back if at all. What he put his wife and kids through should be enough to kick him off the tour.

Let's me start by saying that I am not a huge Tiger fan, before or after his infidelity surfaced. Tiger did not commit a crime by cheating on his wife. It is criminal offenses that get athletes in trouble with their sport governing bodies. It is a moral issue and the tour could not do anything even if they wanted to. We all know that they surely do NOT want to do anything to keep Tiger away. I have never heard of any sport legally being able to keep an athlete away because of a moral issue. I can guarantee you that if they did try this, lawyers would be involved.

Ok, now to your comment about a company firing you for acts that reflect poorly on them. First off, Tiger does not work for the PGA Tour. Second, there is NO way you would be fired from your job for cheating on your wife. As terrible as cheating on your wife is, it is a moral not a criminal offense. Let's say Tiger assaulted his wife, a criminal offense. I guarantee you, the Tour would be able to legally control his return. Completely different matters though........

R9 460 9.5
R9 3-Wood
Irons AP1 4-PW
Wedge X-Forged 62*, 56*, 50*
Studio Select 34" MS Newport 2 TP Red

Yukari - No wonder you're a tiger lover... look at that picture you have. You must be about 12 years old (I say this in jest but mentally you must be about 13). Young pups just don't understand what real life is about.

Actually, I would say Yukari's comments are right on with what the Tour could/should do regarding Tiger. Age has nothing to do with idiotic comments. You have clearly proved this with your comments above..........

R9 460 9.5
R9 3-Wood
Irons AP1 4-PW
Wedge X-Forged 62*, 56*, 50*
Studio Select 34" MS Newport 2 TP Red

Not sure if these sources are good or not. I havent seen anything about Tiger coming back on ESPN or golf channel or anything? Just news networks?

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

No-one seems to be hitting on the possibility that Woods won't return at all.

Remember this?: "When my best isn't good enough, I'm walking...you'll know when you're not able to produce any more. I don't lie. When I play well, I tell you guys. And I tell you when I haven't played well. I've won tournaments out there when I wasn't playing my best. But if I play my best and don't win, there's no reason to be out here.''

I certainly don't think he will beat Nickalaus' record of 18 Majors now - he was struggling throughout last season (and before those of you start up with, "but he was off injured for 8 months - what do you expect?" , I say: if you're fit enough to come back from that layoff and go T6, T6, 2 - in three of your last four Majors - then a guy like Woods is good enough to win at least one of those.)

Does anyone really think he'll be any less affected playing at Augusta than Pebble Beach...regardless of the heckling he's gonna get? As soon as he starts spraying the driver everywhere, it's game over.
Add to thet the basic fact that everyone will be queuing up to have a crack at him if he's down to the 4th day final pairing (see, YE Yang for further proof) and he's definitely not going to make the trip to Celtic Manor.

All-in-all, a pretty sobering 2010 for Woods if he even came back for the last 6 months...
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Not sure if these sources are good or not. I havent seen anything about Tiger coming back on ESPN or golf channel or anything? Just news networks?

I actually saw it on TSN (the canadian equivalent to ESPN) this morning. Until we here that he is actually commited to the tournament I would take this with a grain of salt.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

. . . I certainly don't think he will beat Nickalaus' record of 18 Majors now - he was struggling throughout last season (and before those of you start up with,

Was his 2009 season really so bad? 3 top 10s in the majors and how many victories? Then there was that FedEx thing.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

He's probably not even 100% sure himself when he's coming back yet, so I'd be skeptical that some newspaper has inside info on it.

Anyone else tired of these business/corporate doomongers constantly on tv saying that Golf is dying without Tiger?A lot of them fail to realise that tournament sponsors have pulled out moreso because of the economic climate than Tiger being away from the game, and that these changes were happening long before Tiger's scandal broke.Yes, the game may suffer a little when Tiger's away but to say that it's 'dying' and 'flailing' is a bit much.What do they think is going to happen when he finally retires?!That no one will watch, Players won't be able to make a living and will have to retire, tours disbanded and the game completely forgotten?!

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Note: This thread is 5194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!