IGNORED

The most $ youve payed to play 18 holes

spitz20
Note:Β This thread is 4256 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

One of my rules of golf is never pay more per hour for a round of golf than I make an hour at work.

Beware of old dudes with old clubs and new grips.

Β 

Β 

Originally Posted by azgreg

One of my rules of golf is never pay more per hour for a round of golf than I make an hour at work.

That's actually a very good barometer of price.Β  Never thought of it quite this way before.Β  Good advice!

What's in my bag:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5
Fairway: Comp 15* Aldila NVS
Hybrids: 19* & 22*Irons: CG2 4-PWWedges: CG12 52*, 56*Putter: Studio Design Newport 1.5Ball: One BlackBag: GPS: SG3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Golfer View Post
None

Club fees are interesting to work out into a round cost because there are so many other activities. Standard fees below for middle level CC in the Philadelphia area

Initiation and bonding -call it 15k one time fee for typical private club in my area. That is usually 10k spent for the initiation and 5k held for the bond (interest free of course) for the life of your membership…many people join and never leave. Dues- typically 5k or so Food minimum- typically 250.00 to 300 per quarter or $1,000.00 to $1,200.00 per year. Range time is β€œfree” Cart fees are 12.00 per round. If you disregard the initiation and bond fees as overhead and the yearly cost for 100 rounds would be 5k dues + 1k food + 1.2k carts divided by 100 or $72.00 bucks per round…and that is hell of a lot of golf. Last season I played roughly 65 rounds at my club so it was approx. 104.00 per round. That doesn’t include drinks…the drinks in the grill room kill you!! Bottom line is I pay roughly 1k per month for my membership and expenses there if you divide that by 65 it is 184.00 per round… lots of ways to do the math but you need to just forget the upfront costs…they are gone. Plus it is socal, food, some entertainment, pool and so on...

I am in a similar situation, we do not have food minimums, but my dues and cart fees alone make my average round $100 (it was closer to $65 when my wife golfed every week) - i am not counting cart girl cash or my lunch / drinks afterwards which puts the price close to double that. This is why I get upset when other members think we should lower guest fees - a guest already pays less than I do with dues figured in.

When playing an outside course, I dont think that I have ever paid more than $45 for a round.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Golf fees obviously vary greatly by area.....(understatement of the day)...LOL

I group my golf play into 2 spending categories:

1. Home play:

My 'overall' play at home is thrifty. Aside from living in the midwest where golf is cheap... I buy an 'unlimited play' annual membership at a challenging nearby public course every year.Β  I play A LOT....and 80% is on my home course.Β  Thanks to the membership and that I play a lot....my average price-per-round is cheap. Β  20% of my play is away from my home course, but when I do play away....... I want to play somewhere nice.Β  If my home course is closed for an event, my average "away" green fee is $50-60.Β  (high for this area)

2. Vacation/Traveling play:

All bets are off when traveling!!Β  When I am traveling, I play whatever nice resort is close/convenient.......If I'm spending $5-10K on a family vacation.....$200 for a round of golf isn't such a big deal...LOL.

The most I have paid is a little over $200 for a round of golf....given the opportunity to play Pebble...I'd do it.Β  Hell yea...

The funny thing is that I don't even remember what I pay to play golf on vacation..............c'mon...I am on vacation!!

(Not a time to think about green fee costs)

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big BerthaΒ Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
-Β CallawayΒ Big BerthaΒ 4-5 Rescue Clubs
--Β Mizuno Mx-25 sixΒ iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

My typical round of golf at one of my local courses will run me between $30-75 depending on the course/day I go/time I go. Most money I've spent on a local course was in the $100 range. Most I've spent anywhere was around $200 while on vacation.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

paid almost $80 to play Virginia Beach National a few years ago, typical courses around me are $25-35 with a cart, but I usually walk!

:
Driver:Β Β MachSpeed Black 10.5 Fukikura Motore Speeder shaft

1Hybrid:Β VR PRO 15* (replacing my 3wood with this)Β 

Hybrids:Β Β Baffler 18*, DWS 20*, TWS 23*

5I-GWΒ Β Mx-19Β 

Β Β Wedges -Β 50.08/54.14/58.10Β 

Putter:iN Craz-e

Ball: Pro V1x or Callaway Tour i(z)Β 

Originally Posted by azgreg

Good measuring stick, but personally I would modify it - since a round takes roughly 5 hours to complete, I wouldn't pay more than I make in 5 hours of work.

Now, 95% of the time I'm with azgreg. For my 'typical' rounds I'm going as cheap as I can find. But for a special occasion & a special course? I'd go $200.

Heh, to give an idea of inflation, I played Harbor Town back in 1987...for $75. For thirty-six holes - re-round was included.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I spent $130 or so to play Mayakoba in Mexico during my honemoon in early October 2011. Β That included the cart, but it was another $25 for a sleeve of NXT Tours.

Dan

:tmade:Β R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14Β 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron:Β Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by walk18

You get what you pay for. You should treat yourself some day.

I don't know man, I just don't think that cruising around a "lush" course would be more enjoyable than pounding the ground on one of our goat courses.Β  I really don't know, but I may venture out one of these days.

The most I've dropped on a round of golf was $60. It was during that round that I came down with the shanks. Go figure.

-Rich

• 1 month later...

Father's day last year I took my dad out to golf some expensive course fairly far away. It was 65 bucks with the cart.

Amazingly manicured, awesome carts with so many hi-tech gadgets, and good rate of play.

I wonder where I'll take him this year.

2013 Goal:

Β 

Single digit handicap

Paid around $40 with a cart to play Bucknell Golf Club in PA...most of the time I try to play courses in the $25-$30 range.

Last 5 Rounds: 103 (+38), 124 (+42), 101 (+36), 104 (+39), 109 (+44)

I live in Michigan and we have a ton of nice courses. Β Besides up north resorts like Boyne or Treetops I haven't paid over $50 for any round these days. Β The amount of people golfing has declined and so has the price.

• 1 month later...

So far $50 at Grey Plantation in Lake Charles, La. It's the nicest course I've played, but I haven't ventured far. My family and me are going to florida in a couple of weeks, starting in Destin and then to Orlando. I'll pay whatever to play some of the courses there. It is a vacation, right?!!!!

β€’ taylormade.gifΒ 2009 Burner 10.5 driver w/ stock shaft

β€’ taylormade.gifΒ R7 irons store shelf stock w/ Rocketballz 55 SW

β€’ taylormade.gifΒ Rescue 23 degree

β€’ taylormade.gifΒ #3 FW 2009 Burner

ping.gifΒ Putter

Note:Β This thread is 4256 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!