IGNORED

Would You?

Mrd19abhs
Note: This thread is 5142 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Would you turn in the club to the pro shop if you found a lost club on the course?

• Yes
    • No

You say you "usually" call the pro shop. Except when it's a club you'd prefer to keep? Shame on you.

I'm not defending the thief, but you may want to look up the word usually.

"I do not think it means a what you think it means" - Inigo Montoya

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would, for sure, turn it in at the pro shop. I am pretty particular about my clubs, I have exactly the clubs I want, I would have absolutly no reason to keep a wedge that I have no intention of ever using. As far as keeping it and trying to sell it, the $20 bucks I would get for a used wedge isn't worth the effort.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I'm not defending the thief, but you may want to look up the word usually.

I think I would be more comfortbale with the word "always". "Usually" does not mean always.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I have returned many clubs. I just can't imagine not returning a club, head cover, towel, phone, wallet, etc. If not returned...I consider it stealing.

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

I have returned many clubs. I just can't imagine not returning a club, head cover, towel, phone, wallet, etc. If not returned...I consider it stealing.

And this is how any real golfer would look at this topic. It is simply unimaginable to a real player that anyone would have the attitude of DaSportsGuy and not even consider turning a club in. It goes against everything that the game of golf stands for.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have left wedges around the the practice green several times and had them turned into the clubhouse. I have turned in clubs so many times I don't have any idea how many. I did have a brand new cleveland wedge stolen out of my bag years a ago. I have an aquaintance that told his spouse his driver was stolen when he wanted a new one and after I acually broke mine in the trunk hinge one time used that excuse to get another new driver.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I have left wedges around the the practice green several times and had them turned into the clubhouse. I have turned in clubs so many times I don't have any idea how many. I did have a brand new cleveland wedge stolen out of my bag years a ago. I have an aquaintance that told his spouse his driver was stolen when he wanted a new one and after I acually broke mine in the trunk hinge one time used that excuse to get another new driver.

See, now we're getting it. Taking lost headcovers and golf towels is stealing. Lying to the wife about clubs being stolen in order to buy new ones is all part of a healthy and successful marriage.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Voted "Yes". It goes against the spirit of the game and makes you look really, really bad.

I like the post that said, "Is your integrity worth a golf club?" That post is spot on.
Driver: Adams 9032LS 9.5* - 45" - Aldila RIP Alpha 60S
3 Wood: Adams FAST 10 15* - 43" - Aldila Wasabi 70S
2-Iron: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* - DGS300 
Irons: Mizuno MP-68 3-PW - DGS300
Wedges: Mizuno MPT-11 54* and 60*Putter: PING Redwood Anser Black Nickel 340g, 34"Ball: Titleist ProV1Bag: Mizuno...

I was once at the range practicing for hours and finished up. Went in the clubhouse to get a sandwich, ate it, got in my car and drove home. A few hours later I get a call from the proshop that I left my entire bag on the range. They found my card in the bag, how cool.

^^^

How many post-round liters?

Driver: Adams 9032LS 9.5* - 45" - Aldila RIP Alpha 60S
3 Wood: Adams FAST 10 15* - 43" - Aldila Wasabi 70S
2-Iron: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* - DGS300 
Irons: Mizuno MP-68 3-PW - DGS300
Wedges: Mizuno MPT-11 54* and 60*Putter: PING Redwood Anser Black Nickel 340g, 34"Ball: Titleist ProV1Bag: Mizuno...

I would, for sure, turn it in at the pro shop. I am pretty particular about my clubs, I have exactly the clubs I want, I would have

So what you're really saying is that you're honest and have personal integrity

only to the degree that it isn't something you want or don't feel it is worth your trouble? Interesting ......

Of course I voted Yes........

I haven't left a club laying around in a few years, since I had my favorite 56 laying beside a par 3 and never saw it again.......So now I'm very funny about counting my clubs before I move on.

I have found a few wedges laying beside greens this year, and I typically pick them up and put them seperate from my clubs, typically I'll pop it in my putter well, and put my putter in the bag. 9 out of 10 times, within 2 holes, the owners comes back looking for it, and as soon as I see someone coming backwards on the course, that's always the guy looking for his club. I'll wave at them and get their attention and give it back to them. I've never actually made it all the way through the round and had to turn one in, they've always gotten the club beforehand.

I was walking one time, and a group came up to ask me if I saw one guy's wedge a few holes back. I didn't see it, so I said No, and they kind of gave me a funny look and grumbled and moved on. 2 minutes later the other 2 in their group came up and asked me the same question in a more accusing manner than an inquisitive manner. I told them to call the pro shop and see if it was turned in, because I hadn't seen any clubs laying around. The guys were actually rude towards me, like it was my fault I hadn't picked up the wedge, or that I was trying to steal a wedge. Come to find out, it was a cheap Acuity 56 degree........ I was carrying CG14's, and these guys were almost accusing me of stealing a cheap wedge.

I once turned in a wedding ring I found in the men's bathroom on the course. The guys wife was so happy she gave me the money she was going to spend to buy her hubby a new one. I tried to turn it down, but she would have non of it. I felt guilty, but It gave me the extra money to finish paying off my wife's wedding ring so I thought it turned out to be a big blessing.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

obviously, common...whoever the two people are who put no should shot.

Superlight Stand Bag
909D2 9.5° Diamana S
909F2 15.5° Diamana S
909F2 18.5° Diamana S
AP2 Project X 5.5 3-PW Vokey Spin Milled 52° 56° 60° Studio Select Newport 2 Pro V1Home Course - http://www.huronoaks.com (Home of Mike Weir)

obviously, common...whoever the two people are who put no should shot.

I am not defending their actions but at least they have the guts to admit it. There will be more on this forum that are guilty

Technically, I'm honest to the extent that it gets me in trouble (Gotta learn the 'Keep my mouth shut' and the 'Delicate evasion' skills, someday). So, I'd turn any club I found back to the Pro Shop if there wasn't any contact information... kinda would find it odd to find contact information on a random wedge, anyway.

That said, I can't give myself much credit for it -- I'm a lefty. Most wedges I'd find I couldn't use, anyway. :D

(On the other hand, I left a wedge once that was returned to the PS. Wonder if it would've been the same if it were a righty. *hah*)

Currently in my bag:  Under Revision

Really weird situation... found a putter in the woods propped up against a tree. Pretty much brand new. Wasn't near the green or anything, probably around 200+yds away. Looked like it may have been used once or twice and the course was dead since it started to rain. Didn't exactly feel comfortable handing it into the proshop--these guys were pretty skeevy. But nonetheless did, and hopefully the owner got their new putter back.

Also, a friend of mine had his putter stolen out of his bag from their maintenance shop at work on the golf course.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

I have returned a bunch of clubs and being as forgetful as i am I usually forget a club a week on a hole and I've always gotten them back. Its rare around here to have a club stolen... That's why I love living in Canada, the 9 month winters kind of suck though.
Boom Stick: 907 D2 w/accuflex The juice
3 wood: 909F2 w/Fujikura Motore F1 55
Hybrid: 909H 19* w/Fujikura Motore F1 80HB
Irons: 2010 AP2 (3-PW) w/Dynamic Gold S300
Wedges: Spinmilled 54*, 60*Putter: 2002 Studio Design 1.5Balls: Pro V1Range Finder: Pro 1600Proud Member of Piranhas Golf Team Ecole de...

Note: This thread is 5142 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!