IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

• Administrator

050be2aa908f4f81c42dc7d8dfed2a83b8eb902f

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Watched the first three episodes of The Wheel Of Time on Amazon Prime.  It's not Game Of Thrones by any means, but it doesn't have to be.  The pilot is okay, but the characters seem to shine a little more in episodes two and three.

As a sidebar, I had a lot getting through even a couple of the WOT books.  I found Martins' novels a better read, and that's a scary sentence to type out.

Currently watching the Cowboy Bebop remake on Netflix.  John Cho doesn't scream Spike to me in any way shape or form, but the casting for Jet Black is fantastic.

Corey

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

Wheel of Time ended with a dud. Whole season felt rushed. Character development not great.

Foundation was a little better, but a hard book to adapt.

Invasion cost Apple 200 million dollars. It looked expensive, but really held back with the aliens. And also Jurassic Park actor was gone in an instant.

Anna (Sky Italia/AMC+) was a very good pandemic show, everyone dies after puberty, so it's kind of Lord of the Flies, some tough scenes to stomach, but worth the watch.

Halfway through Station Eleven and it's also a good pandemic show although not as "uplifting" as the reviews made it out to be.

Binged half of nordic noir detective show Wisting because Carrie Anne Moss - Trinity - was in it and it's pretty good but standard scandi-noir.

Cowboy Bebop got panned, but enjoying more than most halfway through.

Probably gonna rewatch Band of Brothers, again, because almost finished listening to official podcast. Looking forward to Masters of the Air next year hopefully.

Succession of course, was, well, Succession. Great score, third season, composer is definitely not dialing it in. Gotta get the algo guys to check my code!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 1/1/2022 at 2:15 PM, nevets88 said:

Probably gonna rewatch Band of Brothers, again, because almost finished listening to official podcast. Looking forward to Masters of the Air next year hopefully.

Oddly enough, I was just saying to a friend I'm long overdue on a rewatch of that.  I did burn through Carnivale over the x-mas season.  I saw a trailer for a third season and just about stroked out until I realized it was a fanmade version.

I've been enjoying Station Eleven as well.  It's weird, but I like it.

Yellowjackets has been a fun watch so far, although I much prefer the Lord Of The Flies stuff more than the present day storyline.

I tried starting season two of the Witcher, but I struggled to get into it.  I'll give it another shot soon.

Corey

On 1/1/2022 at 4:15 PM, nevets88 said:

Probably gonna rewatch Band of Brothers, again,

Great series.

I don't live far from Toccoa where the initial training was. I took my grandson, who is a fan of the military, to the Currahee Museum this past summer. It also had a special meaning for me because I was a paratrooper in the Army.

I'm reading 200 to 250 million was spent on Masters of the Air. Wow. Apple and Amazon pouring money into the tv shows.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I confess I haven't read all 117 pages so it might have been mentioned previously and I'll probably lose my status as most macho guy on the golf course but my wife and I like the Netflix show "Queer Eye". After all the weirdness and violence - particularly in the last few years - it's kind of refreshing watching people be nice to each other. I will admit, though, that there's enough sugar there to send a healthy person into prediabetic mode.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

• Administrator

On 1/20/2022 at 11:26 PM, iacas said:

I initially thought this was a movie, given the lead cast, I guess it's basically a long movie broken up into 6 acts or how many ever episodes. Seems like the content creators are gong through all the scammy companies - Theranos, uhhhh, I forget, there are few of them I'm sure. Wework is still operating though. I know people who work there, but man, I hate that company.

Steve

• Administrator

• 2 weeks later...

5 episodes into Reacher. Not a bad show. So far I would like to get another season to see how it progresses. It kept my interest. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

We binged Reacher this weekend.   It peaked our interest from the first episode and didn't disappoint thru the last one.   The humor, action and interaction of the characters was very good.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Finished La Fortuna (AMC+), even though the series hasn't technically completely aired/streamed in the US yet. Great mix of pirates, history, drama. Stanley Tucci, Clarke Peters (The Wire) and some good Spanish actors I've never heard of.

Also finished Station Eleven (HBO Max). This and Anna helped me process the pandemic a little better.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

FInished French miniseries, L'effondrement/The Collapse. 8 episodes, 15 minute episodes, riveting interrelated vignettes about what happens after society melts down. It's not available in the US, found a version that slipped the copyright protection on Vimeo. Unfortunately no subtitles, but I have subtitle files, ask and ye shall receive. Third "pandemic" series in as many months, lol. This is exactly what I wanted World War Z to be, bigger budget.

Steve

• 2 months later...

Severance was so good. Going through Severance withdrawal.

Slow Horses started slowly but last episode was very good.

Pachinko started strong, only watched 3 episodes, heard the fourth wasn't as good.

Picard is fun. A major actor reveal in episode 7.

Steve