IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

Originally Posted by dak4n6

I watch PBS, Frontline, local news, tennis, golf, football and baseball, TWC, some NatGeo/Discovery/AnimalPlanet, and any concerts on 'Live from Guitar Central'.

I have no tolerance for ficticious or reality TV. Waste of brain cells and free time IMO. Is it just me??

There's a ton of cr@p out there, but the best of the best, the cream of the crop shows are very good. I would argue that the best shows in the past decade are much more engaging than anything ever shown on the boob tube before and approach the best movies in terms of writing and engagement.

The Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood, Game of Thrones, Justified, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Six Feet Under, Treme, Friday Night Lights, even Battlestar Galactica. They are nuanced, intricate, smart and entertaining.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I watch PBS, Frontline, local news, tennis, golf, football and baseball, TWC, some NatGeo/Discovery/AnimalPlanet, and any concerts on 'Live from Guitar Central'. I have no tolerance for ficticious or reality TV. Waste of brain cells and free time IMO. Is it just me??

Of people posting in this thread, it probably is just you. :-P

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm sure you've seen this Erik, but if not, I thought you'd like it.

Edit: I thought I'd include the text that came with the this video as well.

Edited by Kevin Porter (follow me on Twitter @KevinTPorter)

This video is a tribute to the work of Aaron Sorkin: the recycled dialogue, recurring phrases, and familiar plot lines. This is not intended as a critique but rather a playful excursion through Sorkin's wonderful world of words.

Constantine

[QUOTE name="dak4n6" url="/t/32874/favorite-tv-show-s/90#post_758550"] I watch PBS, Frontline, local news, tennis, golf, football and baseball, TWC, some NatGeo/Discovery/AnimalPlanet, and any concerts on 'Live from Guitar Central'. I have no tolerance for ficticious or reality TV. Waste of brain cells and free time IMO. Is it just me?? [/QUOTE] There's a ton of cr@p out there, but the best of the best, the cream of the crop shows are very good. I would argue that the best shows in the past decade are much more engaging than anything ever shown on the boob tube before and approach the best movies in terms of writing and engagement. The Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood, Game of Thrones, Justified, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Six Feet Under, Treme, Friday Night Lights, even Battlestar Galactica. They are nuanced, intricate, smart and entertaining.

Lol - cream of a shitty crop is still crap.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

sons of anarchy

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

Driver: :tmade: RBZ 9.5*

Hybrid: :callaway: XHot 18* Pro

Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0 5-PW, AW

Wedge: :callaway: Mack Daddy 2 Tour 58*

Putter: :odyssey: Protype Black #9

Ball: :callaway: SuperSoft

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Homeland rules. Sundays are quite the TV binge for me in the fall: NFL, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Homeland, Walking Dead, 60 Minutes, PGA Tour final round.

Constantine

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/61658/] [/URL]

I don't have Showtime so I've got to wait until next year for the season 2 DVD to come out. :cry:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

I don't have Showtime so I've got to wait until next year for the season 2 DVD to come out.

Brutal.

Although, binging on an entire season over the course of like a week is pretty darn fun too. Glass half full!

Constantine

Mid level cable (golf channel isn't on basic here) Watch some others via Amazon live/Netflix. Breaking Bad is great. Really enjoyed The Shield and Game of Thrones. I watched season one of Homeland; Claire Daines' portrayal of a highly functional bipolar is outstanding. Was annoyed by the numerous bonehead decisions by superiors and last second misses/snafus to catch the bad guys (same issues I had with 24)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

• Administrator
Originally Posted by mvmac

Mike wins the Internet.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LV7M_WeGX8[/VIDEO] Community was supposed to come back tonight, but last week NBC decided to save it for ... sometime.

In my bag:

Originally Posted by jamo

Just want to say without spoiling too much, if there's anyone who watched Friday Night Lights (season 2 specifically), who loved the Landry character, and who also watches Breaking Bad, well, the end of tonight's Breaking Bad episode might just make your brain explode.

And now the full spoiler:

Jesse Plemons goes on another murderous rampage! Ahh, just had to get that out there. FNL season 2 serial killer Landry jokes have come full circle to Breaking Bad.

When you posted this (and the various other posts last month or so re: BB) originally I didn't know or care, as I had not watched a single minute on Breaking Bad.  Since then?  Hooked!  I have watched THE ENTIRE SERIES in the last month or so.  Holy Crap.  [Erik, you are cuh-razy for not liking this! ]  And that episode you are referring to in your spoiler was pretty shocking.

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

This video is a tribute to the work of Aaron Sorkin: the recycled dialogue, recurring phrases, and familiar plot lines. This is not intended as a critique but rather a playful excursion through Sorkin's wonderful world of words.

Love this!  And I am a big Aaron Sorkin fan.  Sports Night is my all time favorite show ever ... I've probably seen it 8 times straight through.

Speaking of BB and Sports Night ... anybody know the obscure actor connection between the two?  Hint:  He's in the video above.

Originally Posted by iacas

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvmac

Mike wins the Internet.

Butters has a great move. Reminds me of a young Sergio.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Love this!  And I am a big Aaron Sorkin fan.  Sports Night is my all time favorite show ever ... I've probably seen it 8 times straight through.

Speaking of BB and Sports Night ... anybody know the obscure actor connection between the two?  Hint:  He's in the video above.

Yea, BB kicks ass! I didn't catch the connection here, even though I watched the Sorkinisms clip again. What was it?

Constantine