IGNORED

Golf Resume. What's Yours?

parplease
Note: This thread is 1764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Height: 6'1''

Where are you from: Florida

How Long have you been Playing: 8 years

Best Score: 71

Favorite club in the bag: 9 Iron

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Completely self taught

Where do you play: Naples, Southwest Florida area

Best courses you've played so far: Treviso Bay, The Quarry, Tiburon

Things you enjoy most about golf: Making some new friends, the competition. I love being outside on a beautiful golf course in the morning. Just enjoying nature. And also knowing that I can still turn my golf game into a career.

Goals for 2K10: Get more consistent with all clubs; mostly driver. Get closer proximity to the hole from fairway. Lower amount of putts. Get better in the mental side of the game.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Height: 5'11"

Where are you from: Mexico, now living in Texas

How Long have you been Playing: 2 years

Best Score: 79 (I hit a 72 once, but it was in a small par 68, 9 holes course, so it doesn't count)

Favorite club in the bag: All/None, depends when you ask

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you:
- Ben Hogan's Five Lessons
- Jack Nicklaus' Golf My Way
- Stan Utley's Putting/Short Game Bibles
- Phil Mickelson's Short Game DVD
- Geoff Mangum's Optimal Putting
- perfectgolfswingreview.net/
- thesandtrap.com
- 3jack.blogspot.com/

Where do you play: Palm View, McAllen, TX

Best courses you've played so far: Las Misiones, La Herradura (Monterrey, MX)

Things you enjoy most about golf: It is challenging; I love walking the course.

Goals for 2K10: Single digit

Clubs in my bag: TaylorMade R7 SuperDeep TP 9.5° Fujikura Speeder 757 S | Titleist 906F2 13° AccuFLEX ICON FH X| Adams Idea Pro Black 18° Aldila NV Pro 105-S| Mizuno MP-57 3-7; MP-32 8-P PX6.0 | Mizuno MP T-10 54.09, 60.05
My bags and cart: Titleist Carry Bag | Mizuno Omega V + Clicgear 2.0

Height: 6'1"

Where are you from: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

How Long have you been Playing: 15 yrs

Best Score: 69 (tournament play)

Favorite club in the bag: 56º wedgie or my SC putter

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: 100% self taught

Where do you play: the Willows CC or Wildwood - this year I will be a member at Wildwood

Best courses you've played so far: Melfort, SK., Nipiwan, SK. - hands down

Things you enjoy most about golf: getting outside, getting a sweet farmer tan!, meeting potential clients, getting back in tournament play

Goals for 2K10: Get index to a 1 or better, practice 6+ hrs/week and golf 45+ holes/week
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I'm in

age - 44
height - 5'10"
weight - 150lbs
where are you from - Newmarket, On. Canada ( just outside toronto )
how long playing - 4 yrs seriously (50+ rounds a year) . Before that 20 yrs of 1-3 rounds a year.
best score - 80
fav club - 7iron
golf books/dvd that has helped - none yet
where do you play - anywhere and everywhere it takes me
best courses - georgian bay golf club and wildfire golf club would be my two favourites.
things you enjoy about golf - the beautiful views and walking different courses enjoying the game and having a great time with people I just met.
goal for 2k10 - break 80.

Enjoy life now ladies and gentlemen, there is no second time around.

Height: 5'11

Where are you from: MD

How Long have you been Playing: 6 years

Best Score: 82

Favorite club in the bag: Putter

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Golf Channel - The Golf Fix

Where do you play: Baltimore County

Best courses you've played so far: Links at Lighthouse Sound

Things you enjoy most about golf: Everything

Goals for 2K10: Break 80

Driver FT-i
3 Wood: C455
Hybrid Burner Rescue
Irons CPR
Wedges SV TourPutter TPI 25

Height : 6'0"

Where are you from : New Jersey

How long have you been playing : Two years, but really only one year since I missed 2009 with injuries

Best Score : 88

Favorite Club in the Bag : I really do like all of them.

Golf Books/DVDs that have helped you : Five Lessons got me a foot in the door but honestly the Sandtrap.com has really given me the clearest mental picture as to what has to happen in the golf swing in order to be successful long term.

Where do you play : Monmouth County Park System

Best Course You've Played So Far : Orange County National in Orlando, Florida.

Things You Enjoy Most About Golf : Executing a shot exactly as I planned it.

Goals for 2K10 : Hmm, tough question. The obvious answer is to lower my handicap as much as possible. A more specific answer is to build a repeating swing that is fundamentally correct from setup to finish. As far as the short game goes, I'm going to re-read Stan Utley's Art of the Short Game, get out and practice his teachings, and then hopefully turning it all into muscle memory.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Height: 6'0"

Where are you from: Minnesota

How long have you been playing: 7-8 years

Best Score: 69

Favorite Club in the Bag: When I'm playing well, 2 iron. When I'm not, 58*

Golf Books/DVDs that have helped you: Five lesson is really the only golf book I'v read that has helped me in the slightest

Where do you play: Twin Cities Metro Munis

Best Course You've Played So Far: Keller Golf Course

Things You Enjoy Most About Golf: Being out in the fresh air when it's warm, the feeling the sun on a warm summer evening, hitting shots that other people tell me they can't hit :)

Goals for 2K10: Get handicap to 5 or below, shoot another round in the 60s, start playing in tourneys
Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. ~John Updike

In my stand bag:
Driver: 983k 10.5*3 Wood: Sumo2 15*Irons: 690cb 2-PWWedges 54* and 58* oil can finishPutter: White hot mallet

Height: 6'3''

Where are you from: Albuquerque, NM

How Long have you been Playing: 2 years

Best Score: 81 (64.2/107, so pretty easy course), but my best golf was a 38 (33.8/117) playing a pretty tough 9 a couple months ago

Favorite club in the bag: 5 wood

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: The Short Game by Tom Watson, videos on youtube

Where do you play: Muni courses here, mostly Arroyo Del Oso

Best courses you've played so far: Towa, UNM Championship Course, Paa-Ko Ridge GC

Things you enjoy most about golf: Outdoors, getting better, that it's a lifetime game and there's always something to work on

Goals for 2K10: Putt better (I'm averaging 2.4 putts/hole so far this year, pretty horrible)

Height: 5' 7''

Where are you from: Born and raised in Mt. Vernon, VA, currently living about an hour south in Spotsylvania, VA

How Long have you been Playing: 20+ years

Best Score: 76

Favorite club in the bag: PW

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: any periodical I can get my hands on

Where do you play: Lee's Hill Golf Club and many others in the area.

Best courses you've played so far: TPC Scottsdale, TPC Virginia Beach (before it changed names/ownership), Harbor Town, Disney Magnolia/Palm courses and a very private/exclusive course called the Foundry in Richmond, Va.

Things you enjoy most about golf: Taking money from anyone especially my boss. The feeling you get when you nut a shot with a Mizuno MP-57 iron.

Goals for 2K10: lower HC to 7 or better.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

Height: 5' 7''

Where are you from: Born in Milan, Italy but I've lived in Stavanger, Norway since 2006

How Long have you been Playing: 1 year

Best Score: 83

Favorite club in the bag: 58*

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Phil Mickelson's short game DVD

Where do you play: Sola GK

Best courses you've played so far: Stavanger GK (the best course in Southern Norway)

Things you enjoy most about golf: Firing right at a pin with a wedge and seeing the ball spin back towards the hole

Goals for 2K10: lower HC to 4.4 or lower (needed to get into a university course in the UK)

Height: 6'-0"

Where are you from: WV

Best Score: 79

Favorite club in the bag: 7 wood

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Don't really have any.

Where do you play: Member at Cress Creek Country Club but I still play many others.

Best courses you've played so far: Birds Foot in Freeport, PA. I just love this course!

Things you enjoy most about golf: Getting outside, Competing, and Hitting that perfect shot.

Goals for 2K10: Break 80 a couple times and putter more consistantly.

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

Height: 6'-0"

Where are you from: CA

How Long have you been Playing: 10 years

Best Score: 71

Favorite club in the bag: Hybrid

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Harvey Penick's Little Red Book

Where do you play: All over the San Francisco Bay Area

Best courses you've played so far: Pebble Beach, Spyglass, Olympic Club, Oakland Hills, Pasatiempo, Bayonet

Things you enjoy most about golf: Competition -between myself and others, good place for alone time.

Goals for 2K10: Shoot under par, qualify for State Amateur and as many amateur championships as possible.

Driver: Taylormade Burner TP (2007 model)
Fairway Wood: Callaway Steelhead III 4+
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 19
Irons: Mizuno MP 33s  4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled wedges: 60, 56, 52Putter: Odyssey DFX 9900

Height: 5' 11"

Where are you from: Originally, outside Seattle, WA. Now in central Florida.

How Long have you been Playing: Many years, but finally got serious about 10 years ago.

Best Score: 70. 3 times on 3 different courses. Only one putt away from the magical 60's.

Favorite clubs in the bag: Driver, PW, 56* SW

Golf Books that have helped you: Hogan's 5 Lessons, Jim Hardy's Plane Truth for Golfers, Dave Pelz' Short Game Bible

Where do you play: Harmony Golf Preserve, St. Cloud, FL

Best courses you've played so far: TPC Sawgrass (FL), Spyglass Hill (CA), World Woods (FL), Rio Secco (NV)

Things you enjoy most about golf: The challenge, being outside, getting some good exercise (no cart for me!)

Goals for 2K10: Get down to a + index.

Driver 905S, V2 stiff shaft
3-Wood 906F2 13 degree, V2 stiff
Hybrid 585H 21 degree, Aldila VS Proto
Irons (4-PW) MP-57, Rifle 5.5
SW & LW spin milledPutter TracyBall Pro V-1

Height: 5'6"

Where are you from: Nova Scotia

How Long have you been Playing: 1 year

Best Score: 67, on a 9 hole course.

Favorite club in the bag: Driver and putter, everything in between is rather sketchy

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Golf for Dummies, seriously.

Where do you play: Coyote Hill

Best courses you've played so far: Indian Lake

Things you enjoy most about golf: Spending time outside, enjoying the company of my playing partners

Goals for 2K10: Play a proper 18 hole course, learn how to consistently hit my irons

Height: 5'2''
Where are you from: Originally from Hawaii, reside now in MA
Best Score: 90
Favorite club in the bag: My Koa wood putter is my pride and joy! :)
Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: None
Where do you play: North of Boston
Best courses you've played so far: I love the courses in Hawaii
Things you enjoy most about golf: Golfing helps me unwind/relax after a long day at work/commuting. Getting together with others who enjoy the game as I do.
Goals for 2K10: More consistency with my swing tempo and hitting through the ball.

My chix stix:

R7 Burner
Burner Woods and Hybrids
R7 CGB Max IronsKoa Wood

Height: 5'9''

Where are you from: Ohio

How Long have you been Playing: 9 Months

Best Score: 85

Favorite club in the bag: Pitching Wedge

Where do you play: Northeast OH/Cincinnati OH/Naples FL

Best courses you've played so far: Raintree CC/Hickory Woods GC

Things you enjoy most about golf: I love everything about golf. I love just getting out on the course. Their's nothing like the feeling of standing on the first tee ready to go!

Goals for 2K10: Hit more GIR/Score lower than 85/Drop handicap to at least 17/Keep profanity to a minimum

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Height: 5'11''

Where are you from: MA

How Long have you been Playing: 13 Years (I was 5)

Best Score: 70 (even par)

Favorite club in the bag: PW (I learned the game with a cut down Mizuno Altron PW)

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: As much a a lot of the SnT stuff bugs me sometimes, this website be #2, following Hogan's Five Fundamentals.

Where do you play: Public golf courses

Best courses you've played so far: TPC Boston

Things you enjoy most about golf: Being outside, the never ending challenge. I even wrote my college essay about golf.

Goals for 2K10: I have a lot of them. See the 2010 Goals thread.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Height: 6'

Living in: Bergen County, NJ

Experience: last season was my first. I have played aprox 20 rounds so far.

Best score: 88

Golf instruction that has helped: mostly golf TV and magazines

Where I play: I usually play with my father in the central NJ area... Charleston Springs, Knob Hill, Gambler's Ridge, etc., but I plan on spending a lot of time on the 9-hole Bergen County courses this season.

Best club: my Nike Sumo SQ hybrids... But lately I have been absoutely rocking my Callaway FTiQ driver at the range.

Average driving distance in play: 250-275 yds.

Goals for 2010 season: More fairways hit. I struggled with pushing my drives to the right last year, but I an confident I resolved the issue now.

driver: FTiQ
3w-5w: FTi Squareway
4h-5h: SQ Sumo^2
6i-9i: Burner 09
42*, 52*, 56*: CG14 Black Pearl Wedgesputter: Hannaball: bags: cart: 3.0

Note: This thread is 1764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!