IGNORED

Jerry Rice

Mrd19abhs
Note: This thread is 4982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't think many people are really going to disagree with you. The point is that Rice shouldn't have been out there. It doesn't matter how we'd look in the middle of a tour event; we're not out there. It's precisely because we know how good these guys are, and how hard they've had to work to get even to that level, that we're so critical of freeriders like Rice.

Perhaps, but for us to see a man who is very talented (a 2 handicap is very good, good enough to join the PGA, and if you think Rice is not a talented golfer, go try and shoot what he did at a PGA tour event, and let me know how that works out for you) and still struggle so badly, reminds us just how hard the pro level game really is. A lot of people on the internet are under the impression that pro golf is easy, because the pros make it look that way. I constantly hear, "If I'd have just made a few more putts, I'd have shot even par!" That's the problem, it's the doing, not the what if. Everyone would be so much better,

if ... The real test is separating the if from the actual. Anyone could shave a few strokes here and there and maybe play at a high level, but it takes a very special someone to actually do it. It's the same way that nearly anyone can pick up an instrument and learn to play some solo by muscle memory, but those of us who do it for a living have to be able to come up with solos ad-lib.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps, but for us to see a man who is very talented (a 2 handicap is very good, good enough to join the PGA, and if you think Rice is not a talented golfer, go try and shoot what he did at a PGA tour event, and let me know how that works out for you) and still struggle so badly, reminds us just how hard the pro level game really is. A lot of people on the internet are under the impression that pro golf is easy, because the pros make it look that way. I constantly hear, "If I'd have just made a few more putts, I'd have shot even par!" That's the problem, it's the doing, not the what if. Everyone would be so much better,

So very true. Good post.

Bag Diablo Stand Bag
Driver 10* Draw Diablo
Woods Diablo Edge 3-7
Irons Diablo Edge 5-PW
Wedges X-ForgedPutter Anser 4

First, the post by Shanks about the numbers is fantastic.

Second, if anyone with some wealth and some game wants to play professionally, the first step is to get a professional caddy. Yes, Jerry's responsible for the rule, but a good caddy wouldn't have even kept the rangefinder in the bag for the tournament round, much less used it. I would understand if a struggling (but good enough) player's caddy made this mistake; it could well be a friend or relative who is a decent golfer.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rice can't play golf. He's not a two index. And he shouldn't be out there.

He can play golf....just not near as well as a struggling mini tour player sleeping out of his van.

If Jerry is a 2 index, then I am going to make the cut at the US Open this year. He shouldn't be out there....correct. If he want's to be a pro he should play mini tour events (He would get his ass whipped out there also), Nationwide Tour should be reserved for Pros. Damn....I am really not trying to bash him...I respect his dream and effort, if he wants to be a pro then go the mini tour circuit and improve...which he would.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

If anyone watched the episode of Trump's Fab World of Golf or whatever, they would know that Jerry Rice is nowhere near a 2 handicap. I wonder how many of these guys actually have an official USGA handicap or even understand how a handicap is calculated. It ain't just strokes over par.

In my  Warbird Hot stand bag:
nike.gif Dymo2 Str8 fit 10.5 or  HiBore XLS 10.5,  Steelhead Plus 3 and 5 woods,

NP2 3H,  DCI 990 4-PW,  Forged + 54/12,  RAC 58/8,

Classic #1,  NXT Tour or  Burner TP

This just confirms what a delusional moron this guy is. How could you not know that rule? The fact that he thought he had enough game to compete shows that he knows nothing about the game and the fact that he and/or his caddy made a mistake like this is just laughable.

Pretty well sums it up!!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

• 3 months later...
Just saw Rice on a golf channel shoe featuring nor cal golf. I loved him in the NFL but he's turned into a grade-a douche.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Note: This thread is 4982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!