IGNORED

My Swing (Stretch)

Stretch
Note: This thread is 3150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Working on changing backswing picture. Monitoring ball position (more centered), A1 to A2 (less under), thoracic extension after A2. Still need lots more of latter but progress made -- right elbow working better, left arm not so trapped across chest. Interesting how downswing pieces also start to clean up from there even with zero focus.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Working on changing backswing picture. Monitoring ball position (more centered), A1 to A2 (less under), thoracic extension after A2. Still need lots more of latter but progress made -- right elbow working better, left arm not so trapped across chest. Interesting how downswing pieces also start to clean up from there even with zero focus.

More gooder! Keep at it. I won't add more now, but only because I think you know what you're on to and what's next.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Up at 5:30 am and everyone else in the house is still asleep? Good time to grab a sand wedge and work on changing the picture! Golf tan is coming along pretty well by English standards ... :blink:

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Trying to practice what I was preaching to Saevel. Exaggerated hinging in BS to get to a better position at the top and on a steeper plane in DS -- with shaft coming down the right forearm. Right elbow needs to push more into pitch from A5 I think?

Stretch.

• Administrator
Trying to practice what I was preaching to Saevel. Exaggerated hinging in BS to get to a better position at the top and on a steeper plane in DS -- with shaft coming down the right forearm. Right elbow needs to push more into pitch from A5 I think?

Maaaaaaaybe . I'd like to see a bit more Key #2 with the rest of what you have going on there. I know you're tall, but we had you jumping back in Boston pretty early and you were still able to reach the ground. :) So similar things here: Key #2 focus on getting the belt forward and then up. The rest looks great.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks Erik. I'll work that in.

Stretch.

Driver DTL. Trying to get the left arm above the stripe on the jacket at the top of the backswing and the shaft exiting above it again on the other side. Better than it used to be, but still plenty of room for improvement.

Stretch.

Starting to see some decent differences from last year in the travel of the club head at the top of the backswing and the wrist conditions after the transition. Ball is going higher and further.

Wow those are big pictures -- is there any way to size down the JPG that Analyzer exports or to scale the upload to TST?

Stretch.

• Administrator

Wow those are big pictures -- is there any way to size down the JPG that Analyzer exports or to scale the upload to TST?

TST scales them.

NICE changes!

That A5 looks great Stretch!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Those are BIG changes man!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Thanks gents. Have wasted a lot of time stuffing around trying to dig it out of the dirt, when I should have known better. Only quite recently started to make progress again by: Committing to getting everything on camera, lots of slow-motion work, lots of deliberate exaggeration of key pieces (changing the picture). Nothing that isn't preached here by Erik and Mike almost daily!

Intention above was to get to A2 by the time the hands were in the middle of the right thigh and then to have the shaft hinged at 90 degrees or better by A3. Not quite making it and the later downswing is messy, but baby steps ...

Stretch.

• Administrator
Intention above was to get to A2 by the time the hands were in the middle of the right thigh and then to have the shaft hinged at 90 degrees or better by A3. Not quite making it and the later downswing is messy, but baby steps ...

Let us know when you want the "next" piece. When this is baked in.

Your work is definitely paying off. Great stuff!

Stretch.

Wedge, continuing hinging of wrists from A2 to A4 to get right elbow folding better and hands and left arm higher at top.

Stretch.

Wedge, continuing hinging of wrists from A2 to A4 to get right elbow folding better and hands and left arm higher at top.

@Stretch

What do you feel in your hands from A4 to A5?  You have a nice transition that flattens the shaft and gets you in the right position at A6 and 7.  I struggle with this as do many other posters in this section.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Not going to lie, I have absolutely no awareness of that happening, it just does.

In fact, most of my my time is spent trying to put more steepening elements into my swing, so I'll trade you for some OTT!

Proving, I guess, the proposition that every golfer is uniquely frustrated in his own special way.

:pound:

Stretch.

Note: This thread is 3150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!