IGNORED

THE PLAYERS Championship

OCdude12
Note: This thread is 5107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
What was that?

... meaning?

Incidentally, if Tiger does take his hands more in, he's going to have to watch that he doesn't add any of his old "flipping" or he'll overdraw (straight draw instead of push draw) some shots and he'll hit pulls when he tries a little fade. His tee shot on two looked good. His second shot was an example of the latter.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great flop shot by Tiger there

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

... meaning?

Meaning, what the hell was that crap.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

J.B. Holmes opens with a 66, has the lead from the first wave, after missing his only cut of the season last week. Does this spell well for someone else, who also missed the only cut he's missed all season last week?

And Jason Bohn follows up recent stellar play (not last week) with a 67. And in the afternoon wave, how about that Imada, opening with an eagle 2! And Stenson, closing with an eagle to break 70. And Fowler's out the gate with two birdies.

Ben Crane's a little too high on the leaderboard for my liking. But other than that, it's going to be a good week.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

wtf skyball....that is weird to see tiger do that

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Did it twice on the Masters. Before that, never seen it.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

wtf skyball....that is weird to see tiger do that

It went 188 yards according to UK commentary.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

It is interesting to see how mental the 17th hole is. Even for the worlds best players, that surely is able to hit a 124 yard wedge 99 out of 100 times inside the area of the green, hitting one or even two balls in the water.

On a different note, Tiger is hitting a draw again. Good on him.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Did it twice on the Masters. Before that, never seen it.

'07 President's Cup. Did it with a 3-wood off the tee. Turned to CH3, said "well, I had a bad lie," and went about his business.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

(22 minutes after above post; doesn't make sense to edit it to add something unrelated)

I just went to ESPN's golf site as Tiger made his birdie on 11. The image is Tiger with an SQ wood of some sort. According to NikeGolf's website, his fairway woods are still from that set. Remarkable! Of course, it also lists VR Blades, which I don't think he was playing at the Masters.

Anyone know the deal with Tiger's bag?

-- Michael | My swing! 

Tiger somehow pulling a -2.....He has been all over the place. His shortgame is amazing

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

(22 minutes after above post; doesn't make sense to edit it to add something unrelated)

He has been playing the Nike SQ 2 (2, not squared) woods since they came out. They are the smallest fairway woods Nike has made since they came out and Nike's best IMO.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Allenby is on a hot streak, 3 birdies in a row and he's the new leader -7 and he's only on the 13th!

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I haven't written anything down, but I doubt it is more than 3-4 shots with the driver. His scrambling has been incredible, 3 under at this point is a good score with that round.

With regard to Sergio winning here in the past, I think down deep he knows it was a big break. Goydos chunks a chip on 18, then misses the makeable up and down and falls into a playoff. Then Sunshine goes first and gets wet on 17.

Note: This thread is 5107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!